Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flipping The Right's Falsity: AOC Really Was In Danger During The Insurrection

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,074 Times in 6,784 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

And LOL at "sheltered life." AOC grew up in the Bronx having to make ends meet like everyone there and still found a way to get where she is today.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-21-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,940 Times in 13,201 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Haven't seen any footage from that day, eh?

It's not hard to find. You should check some of it out.
    Yea, no big deal there. I've been in worse.

As for AOC, that's a woman who's terrified of a frickin' garbage disposal...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-21-2021)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Yea, no big deal there. I've been in worse.
    Do you think it was a life-threatening situation for politicians who were at the Capitol during that time? Yes, or no.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-21-2021)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

And LOL at "sheltered life." AOC grew up in the Bronx having to make ends meet like everyone there and still found a way to get where she is today.
    What a real hero for the labor movement. LMAO!

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,626 Times in 10,690 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Haven't seen any footage from that day, eh?

It's not hard to find. You should check some of it out.
    NO PROTESTERS WITHIN A HALF A MILE OF THE LYING TWIT.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,626 Times in 10,690 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

WRONG. SHE GREW UP IN YORKTOWN HEIGHTS SINCE THE AGE OF FIVE.

SHE WAS A FUCKING PART TIME BARTENDER, BEFORE SHE BECAME THE DUNCE-O-CRAT "EXPERT ON EVERYTHING" ,DUE TO BEING ELECTED.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you think it was a life-threatening situation for politicians who were at the Capitol during that time? Yes, or no.
    No.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    No.
    Well, we exist in different realities.

Since it's hard to have an honest conversation when there isn't a shared reality, there is no reason to continue.

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,096 Times in 13,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    However the fire extinguisher was used as a weapon it wasn’t used on Officer Sicknick. And he did not die in the violence. That’s misinformation.

So, there were no active firearms present inside the Capitol—except those possessed by the Capitol cops. Is that correct?
    OK, I have no idea what you're talking about with officer Sicknick. It sounds like some kind of cruel right wing disinformation story. Where did you get that? I can only imagine. Honestly, when people won't even believe the main stream news, and instead they prefer some obscure small-staff, agenda-driven fake news website or whatever, the stories are only limited by the imagination of whomever wants to make up a far-fetched story.

As for arms at the capitol, we don't exactly know. People came and people went without being searched or apprehended. They could have had guns. One voice was definitely heard voicing intent to "shoot Nancy Pelosi in the brain."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth Omar,

OK, I have no idea what you're talking about with officer Sicknick. It sounds like some kind of cruel right wing disinformation story. Where did you get that? I can only imagine. Honestly, when people won't even believe the main stream news, and instead they prefer some obscure small-staff, agenda-driven fake news website or whatever, the stories are only limited by the imagination of whomever wants to make up a far-fetched story.

As for arms at the capitol, we don't exactly know. People came and people went without being searched or apprehended. They could have had guns. One voice was definitely heard voicing intent to "shoot Nancy Pelosi in the brain."
    Sicknick likely died from a stroke the next day. It’s not misinformation.

The investigation has produced no firearms at the Capitol. Speculation, aside.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,096 Times in 13,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Whatever lol.

The condemnation of 1/6 by republicans AND Trump supporters boardered on universal. We stop short of getting hyperbolic with it though. Some wag, I think it was a democrat congressman, called it ‘comparable to Pearl Harbor’. What an insult to the thousands of US serviceman who lost their lives that day.

No one *so much as laid a hand on* any of the politicians present. They were all shuttled off to a secure location. Kinda like what they had to do with the Trump family back in the summer when raging lefties occupied Lafayette Park for days—and not hours.

Oddly, I don’t seem to recall similar outrage or hyperbole over that. I wonder why that is.
    Downplaying and diversion.

With a side of whataboutism.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, we exist in different realities.

Since it's hard to have an honest conversation when there isn't a shared reality, there is no reason to continue.
    What do you think would have happened if say some senator was on the floor when those people arrived?

My prediction is, they're all "We got one!" Then they're like, "Whata we do now?" It'd be like a game of tag and they tagged the senator... They're on camera, on national TV. They aren't going to beat the guy to death.
    Like the horned helmet dude did in Phoenix when he was in the state capitol doing the same shit he was in DC like two months earlier, he'd talk to the guy. The senator would talk back. No big deal.

People can talk a lot of smack right up to having to pull the trigger, so-to-speak. Pulling it is a whole 'nother thing. Most won't because they don't have the cahones to actually do it.

So, my version is based on history, knowledge, and experience. You're version seems to be based on a delusional fantasy that it was like some TV crime drama...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

More ad homs...

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

More ad homs...
    I did not use any ad hominem. It was a direct response to the comments made.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Some on the right have made the false claim that AOC 'made up' her terrifying experience during the Capitol Riot.

Setting the facts straight:

1. She was definitely in danger.

2. She was justifiably terrified for her safety.

I doubt many on the right who have downplayed her reflections have actually been sexually assaulted themselves, so they can't know what AOC felt on that deadly day.

Bethania Palma

Published 3 February 2021
    Updated 16 February 2021

"What's True

Ocasio-Cortez wasn't in the main Capitol building where the House and Senate Chambers are located.

What's False

However, Ocasio-Cortez never claimed to be in the main Capitol building. When the attack on the Capitol began, Ocasio-Cortez was, as she stated, in her congressional office, which is located in a network of office buildings immediately surrounding the Capitol, and her office building was one of the two buildings that were evacuated.

One theme covered in her retelling of those events was how her past experiences with trauma, particularly surviving sexual assault, had compounded her fear during and after the Capitol riot.

“I’m a survivor of sexual assault. And I haven’t told many people that in my life,” she said toward the beginning of her story. “But when we go through trauma, trauma compounds on each other.”

Ocasio-Cortez also observed that it’s a painful fact for many survivors of trauma that they must deal with people who try to minimize what they experienced when they tell their stories, in an effort to silence them.

It took less than 48 hours for the right-wing disinformation machine to contrive a way to minimize what Ocasio-Cortez said she had experienced.

In a circus of cyberbullying that began on Feb. 3, 2021, conservative news outlets and social media conspiracy trolls latched on to the misleading claim that Ocasio-Cortez “wasn’t in the Capitol building” and therefore was not in harm’s way, as she had described in the Instagram video.

Around the time the clashes at the Capitol started, Ocasio-Cortez said she was at her desk scrolling through lunch options when she heard a loud, “violent” banging on her office doors. She ran over to her legislative director Geraldo Bonilla-Chavez (whom she calls “G”), who told her, “Hide, hide, run and hide.”

She hid in the bathroom of her office and realized that the person who was banging on the door had gotten inside and was yelling, “Where is she?” Ocasio-Cortez said didn’t know it while she was hiding, but the person calling that out was actually a Capitol police officer.

In the moment, while she was hiding in her bathroom and the door started to open on her, Ocasio-Cortez said, she thought she was going to die. “This was the moment where I thought everything was over.”

The Online Attacks

Ocasio-Cortez was attacked on social media with bad-faith attempts to discredit her story by people who falsely claimed she exaggerated the danger she was in because she wasn’t actually inside the main Capitol building where the House and Senate chambers are located.

But Ocasio-Cortez never claimed she was in the main building. She said was inside her office, which is in just one of the network of buildings containing congressional offices that comprise the Capitol complex. The office buildings and the main Capitol building are interconnected by a series of tunnels known as the Capitol Subway System, which allows members of Congress to traverse underground from their offices to their respective chambers.

Ocasio-Cortez’s building, Cannon House, is across Independence Avenue from the Capitol and was one of the buildings evacuated...

The online attacks on Ocasio-Cortez downplayed, from a safe distance, not only the sense of fear she felt in the moment during the attack on the Capitol, but also the imminent physical danger that she and others in and around the Capitol really were in during the attack.

RATING: MOSTLY FALSE

In her video, Ocasio-Cortez alluded correctly to the fact that it took police and the National Guard hours to secure the Capitol complex after the attack due to a series of glaring security failures. Images and videos from the attack show rioters had a significant period of free rein, breaking into and casually sitting at the desk in an office used by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, leaving behind smeared excrement and stealing the Speaker’s lectern."

Snopes: Did AOC Exaggerate the Danger She Was in During Capitol Riot?
    AOC was targeted with another round of bad-faith smears after giving an emotional, firsthand account of her experiences during the Capitol riot.
    sexually assaulted themselves

No prove of that NONE zero..no names dates etc