Thread: Southern Greece has worst snow storms since the 70s

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    More climate change, thanks for posting that!
    Climate doesn't change. There is no quantitative value in 'climate'
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    If only'd they'd winterized.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by War=Peace View Post
    Texas hasn't had weather like the last week in a generation - since the 80s.
    According to SCIENCE™:

The coldest weather to ever hit Texas occurred on February 12th, 1899. The thermometer dropped to 23 degrees below zero.

https://www.weather.gov/maf/The_Coldest_Night_in_Texas#:~:text=The%20lowest%20 temperature%20ever%20recorded,to%2023%20degrees%20 below%20zero.

Texas is under a winter storm warning for the first time in history

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    You deny science and mathematics.
    Piltdown Man ??????

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Into the Night (02-23-2021)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cordeela View Post
    Piltdown Man ??????
    What about it? Not science or mathematics. You deny them both.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    What about it? Not science or mathematics. You deny them both.
    Tell me what you mean by "deny them both"?? Piltdown Man was an actual, factual occurrence. The worlds top scientists were conned. Famous top scientists were all fooled by a bunch of guys who set up a hoax. You clearly do not know anything about it. My point is: The claim is: When a scientist says it - it must be true. Thats the basis of stance people are taking. I simply say that TOP SCIENTIST of the world were fooled by a hoax. So this proves scientists - at least what they express as an authority, is not always true or correct.
    That the climate changes is also a fact. The Earth is an ellipsis in shape this means as it orbits the sun, over time, its position - facing the Sun, shifts. But there are never sudden shifts. So you will not have an Ice Age tomorrow and a Heat Wave next week. The UK winter - just a few decades ago - had deep snow and minus temperatures from November through to end of January. This was every year, guaranteed. for recent years we have not had snow in UK during the months of November to January. Snow fell in February. This year the UK has had severe weather, snow, sleet, low temperatures from December until this week. Only people not born before 1980 find this a bizarre phenomenon.
    The problem is form those who claim Climate Change is MAN MADE. Our fault. Every time I drive my car I cause change in the climate and we are all going to die. This is bollox. But like most claims - millionaire celebs and politicians are not going to die when they use their private Jets and huge vehicles and Yachts... only your ordinary joe bloggs is causing a problem. LOL LOL As we see with the so-called "Covid 19 killer pandemic??" In UK footballers can still play their games while I can NOT visit my dying mother in a care home because I create a risk to others.????
    Climate Change is a natural phenomenon - NOT man made, unless a MAN is jumping off the Space Station and with use of a special SPACE BARGE POLE he is pushing the Earth to a different angle to the Sun.
    Like most extremists there are people who hold to a view and are non shifting. Such as Border Control ... whereby the ideologues deem you are a racist Nazi if you support Border Control. They deem you are a nutter killer if you do not support Global Warming .. when you say you dont agree Climate Change is man made. Or when you say a 6 foot hairy man aged 45 should not be allowed free access as a right to girls toilets. These people with their extant views have closed minds. Piltdown Man proved a point.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tell me what you mean by "deny them both"??
    RQAA. I have already told you.
    Piltdown Man was an actual, factual occurrence. The worlds top scientists were conned. Famous top scientists were all fooled by a bunch of guys who set up a hoax. You clearly do not know anything about it.
    I am completely aware of this hoax. It has nothing to do with science.
    My point is: The claim is: When a scientist says it - it must be true. Thats the basis of stance people are taking. I simply say that TOP SCIENTIST of the world were fooled by a hoax. So this proves scientists - at least what they express as an authority, is not always true or correct.
    Science isn't scientists. It is not any university, degree, license, title, association, academy, government agency, scientist, or any group of scientists. It isn't even people at all. It has no politics, it is atheistic, does not use supporting evidence, does not use consensus or any elite voting bloc.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories. No more. No less.
    That the climate changes is also a fact.
    Not a fact. Learn what 'fact' means. A fact is not a Universal Truth nor a proof. Climate cannot change. It has no quantitative value.
    The Earth is an ellipsis in shape this means as it orbits the sun, over time, its position - facing the Sun, shifts.
    I am away of the slightly fat shape the Earth has. It has nothing to do with it's orbit. Nothing to do with the word 'climate'.
    But there are never sudden shifts.
    Who said there was?
    So you will not have an Ice Age tomorrow and a Heat Wave next week.
    These are arbitrary names. They are climates. An ice age will always be an ice age. a heat wave will always be a heat wave. A desert climate will always be a desert climate. A marine climate will always be a marine climate. There is no such thing as a global climate.
    The UK winter - just a few decades ago - had deep snow and minus temperatures from November through to end of January.
    This was every year, guaranteed. for recent years we have not had snow in UK during the months of November to January.
    Snow fell in February. This year the UK has had severe weather, snow, sleet, low temperatures from December until this week. Only people not born before 1980 find this a bizarre phenomenon.
    What's so bizarre about the weather changing?
    The problem is form those who claim Climate Change is MAN MADE.
    Climate cannot change. It has no quantitative value.
    Our fault. Every time I drive my car I cause change in the climate and we are all going to die. This is bollox.
    You are right. It is bollox. In the world of logic this is known as a void argument fallacy. It results when you make the main object of a statement a meaningless buzzword.
    But like most claims - millionaire celebs and politicians are not going to die when they use their private Jets and huge vehicles and Yachts... only your ordinary joe bloggs is causing a problem. LOL LOL
    The Church of Global Warming cannot even identify 'The Problem'.
    As we see with the so-called "Covid 19 killer pandemic??"
    The Church of Covid stems from the same place as the Church of Global Warming and uses the same tactics. The Church of Green also uses the same tactics.
    These all stem from the Church of Karl Marx.

These tactics include:
    * making up meaningless buzzwords and attempting to build a crisis around them.
    * quoting numbers that are made up as if they were data.
    * quoting vague so-called 'experts' without naming anyone, giving them Holy Title of royalty as if they were God speaking.
    * Attacking capitalism, free markets, and liberty; or any form of government that supports them, such as republics.
    * Favoring and proposing fascism, which is government manipulation of markets, or communism, which is government ownership of markets, as a solution to The Problem.
    * Take advantage on the overall public illiteracy in math and science, and to promote such illiteracy.
    * make use of Doom and Gloom arguments to frighten and scare people into believing these false religions through the use of Pascal's Wager fallacies.
    * ridicule and condemn any that do not share in their religion.

In UK footballers can still play their games while I can NOT visit my dying mother in a care home because I create a risk to others.????
    That's about the size of it. Fascism brings misery. It always has. Only the Elite can break or ignore the rules.
    Climate Change is a natural phenomenon - NOT man made,
    No, it is a meaningless buzzword. Climate cannot change. It has no quantitative value.
    unless a MAN is jumping off the Space Station and with use of a special SPACE BARGE POLE he is pushing the Earth to a different angle to the Sun.
    Heh. All he would do is push himself away from the Earth. See Newton's law of motion: F=mA.
    Like most extremists there are people who hold to a view and are non shifting. Such as Border Control ... whereby the ideologues deem you are a racist Nazi if you support Border Control.
    I no longer bother to count the times I've been called a 'racist Nazi' by racists promoting fascism. I stopped counting decades ago.
    They deem you are a nutter killer if you do not support Global Warming
    I stopped counting how many times I've been called a nutter killer as well. The Church of Green, the Church of Global Warming, and the Church of Covid all do this to nonbelievers.
    when you say you dont agree Climate Change is man made.
    I don't. I say climate change is not possible. Climate does not change. It has no quantitative value.
    Or when you say a 6 foot hairy man aged 45 should not be allowed free access as a right to girls toilets.
    I don't, unless the bathroom is closed and the 6 foot hairy man happens to be the janitor or plumber or is doing some other work in the bathroom to improve or maintain it.
    These people with their extant views have closed minds. Piltdown Man proved a point.
    It proved nothing, even though it was a hoax.

The Theory of Evolution is not a theory of science. It is a nonscientific theory, and a religion.
    The Theory of Creation is not a theory of science. It is a nonscientific theory, and a religion.
    The Theory of the Big Bang is not a theory of science. It is a nonscientific theory, and a religion.
    The Theory of the Continuum is not a theory of science. It is a nonscientific theory, and a religion.
    The Theory of Abiogenesis is not a theory of science. It is a nonscientific theory, and a religion.
    The Church of Global Warming is not a theory of any kind since it is based on a void argument fallacy. It is simply a religion.
    The Church of Green is not a theory of any kind since it based on a void argument fallacy. It is simply a religion.
    The Church of Covid is not a theory. It is a religion that worships a virus.
    The Church of Karl Marx is also the Church of Plato. It is a religion that worships government theft of wealth.

ALL religions are based on some initial circular argument (also known as the Argument of Faith which is not a fallacy), and arguments extending from that. This is, philosophically, the definition of 'religion'.

NO gas or vapor, including CO2, is capable of warming the Earth. Not one iota. Not one single degree.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    And?
    30 year ocean heat content cycle
    AMO
    Global-Ocean-AMO-Temperature-Correlation-1950-to-2014-Dieng-2017.jpg

Deing et al 2017

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Scientists pointed out that Global Warming would cause more extreme weather. That is what is happening. This fits with predictions. It is not a refutation.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    global warming leads to climate change, leads to more extreme weather, on both ends of the spectrum.
    Define "global warming".
    Define "climate change".
    Define "extreme weather".

You are not saying anything meaningful, even though you think that you are. All of your terminology is on my Lispy Leftist List of Linguistic Lunacy (see my sig for all of the vague or otherwise meaningless terminology that has made the list thus far)

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Scientists
    Which scientists? Or are you referring to the meaningless "the scientists"? (as recorded in my Lispy Leftist List of Linguistic Lunacy)

pointed out that Global Warming
    Again, see my Lispy Leftist list in my sig.

would cause more extreme weather.
    Again, see my Lispy Leftist list in my sig.

That is what is happening.
    You didn't say anything meaningful yet...

This fits with predictions.
    "the predictions", eh? Again, see my Lispy Leftist list...

It is not a refutation.
    There is nothing to refute when you don't even form a valid argument in the first place...

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    30 year ocean heat content cycle
    AMO

Deing et al 2017

That's gonna leave a mark.