Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Coke goes Full Woke

1. #496 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    U.S.What Is Affirmative Action and Is It Discrimination Against White People? Here's What You Need to Know
    So this IS NOT an example of a qualified white person losing out on a job because of quotas.

And you left out the part where SCOTUS said that race can be used as one criterion when it comes to college admissions.

This case had nothing to do with hiring, which is what we have been talking about this whole time.

So once again, you had to STRETCH in order to retcon your argument.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #497 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another Op-Ed, but not one single example of someone losing out on a job because of quotas.

3. #498 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Both you and Dutch have altered your arguments so much that they don't even resemble the same argument you made at the beginning.

IN a thread talking about hiring practices for dozsens of posts, you unilaterally, and in bad faith, decided to change the subject to college admissions.

But even then, you weren't being truthful because you literally cut the conclusion of the history out of your post, and the conclusion is quite exculpatory because SCOTUS ruled that race can be used as a criterion in college admissions.

That SCOTUS case didn't touch on hiring practices, which has been what you've been screeching about for dozens of posts before flipping to college admissions, which is a wholly different subject, and one we weren't talking about.

4. #499 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

cite the line from legislation that says it's not discrimination.
    LMAO!

So I just tricked you.

AA isn't legislation at all.

There has never been an AA bill that Congress voted on and the President signed.

What a fucking idiot...you're raging against something you know absolutely nothing about.

LMAO @ how fucking easy it was for me to con you on a message board thread.

5. #500 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

cite the line from legislation that says it's not discrimination.
    This is one of those kinds of posts that just sticks with you, like getting sprayed by a skunk...

I completely and totally tricked you into thinking that AA is legislation.

You were so easily tricked and fooled by me because you're a fucking idiot.

You don't know the first thing about AA, so you can't claim it does something while knowing nothing about it.

Now this thread gets to stand for all time as a monument to your inability to effectively bullshit.

6. #501 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

SCOTUS Divided Over Affirmative Action in College Admissions
    The charge of "reverse discrimination"-meaning racial discrimination against whites or sexual discrimination against men-is fast becoming one of the most explosive issues in the field of civil rights. It has grown out of the various "affirmative action" programs, often required by Federal agencies, designed to place women and minorities in positions not generally open to them in the past. Some of these plans may involve quotas or preferential systems based on race or sex. The question is whether it is legitimate to use a preferential system to fight a discriminatory one. The U.S. Supreme Court last week agreed to rule on this emotion charged matter in a case from California. Allan Bakke, who is white, twice applied for admission to the medical school of the University of California at Davis, and twice was rejected. On the strength of his academic record, Bakke may well have deserved one of the 100 spots in the entering class. But up to sixteen of those places had been set aside for "disadvantaged" students under an affirmative-action program designed to increase the number of Chicano, black, Asian and American Indian doctors in the state. Bakke alleged that he had been the victim of reverse discrimination. The Supreme Court of California agreed with him and the university appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

https://www.newsweek.com/affirmative...ination-645648
    As noted below, the Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin II (2016) case was both a narrow ruling, 4-3, over a narrow issue, not a general action on AA.

https://www.acslaw.org/expertforum/t...mative-action/

https://www.oyez.org/cases/2015/14-981
    Facts of the case
    Abigail Fisher, a white female, applied for admission to the University of Texas but was denied. She did not qualify for Texas' Top Ten Percent Plan, which guarantees admission to the top ten percent of every in-state graduating high school class. For the remaining spots, the university considers many factors, including race. Fisher sued the University and argued that the use of race as a consideration in the admissions process violated the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The district court held that the University’s admissions process was constitutional, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit affirmed. The case went to the Supreme Court, which held that the appellate court erred by not applying the strict scrutiny standard to the University’s admission policies. The case was remanded, and the appellate court reaffirmed the lower court’s decision by holding that the University of Texas’ use of race as a consideration in the admissions process was sufficiently narrowly tailored to the legitimate interest of promoting educational diversity and therefore satisfied strict scrutiny.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #502 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    As noted below, the Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin II (2016) case was both a narrow ruling, 4-3, over a narrow issue, not a general action on AA.
    Right, but this is college admissions, and SCOTUS ruled that race can be a criterion in college admissions.

But you and Asshat were talking about HIRING PRACTICES.

You switched to college admissions, and even then, held back some exculpatory information about what SCOTUS decided.

You still have yet to provide any proof of discrimination in hiring thanks to AA, which isn't a bill at all anyway.

8. #503 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

https://www.acslaw.org/expertforum/t...mative-action/

https://www.oyez.org/cases/2015/14-981
    Facts of the case
    Abigail Fisher, a white female, applied for admission to the University of Texas but was denied. She did not qualify for Texas' Top Ten Percent Plan, which guarantees admission to the top ten percent of every in-state graduating high school class. For the remaining spots, the university considers many factors, including race. Fisher sued the University and argued that the use of race as a consideration in the admissions process violated the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The district court held that the University’s admissions process was constitutional, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit affirmed. The case went to the Supreme Court, which held that the appellate court erred by not applying the strict scrutiny standard to the University’s admission policies. The case was remanded, and the appellate court reaffirmed the lower court’s decision by holding that the University of Texas’ use of race as a consideration in the admissions process was sufficiently narrowly tailored to the legitimate interest of promoting educational diversity and therefore satisfied strict scrutiny.

one step in the right direction though, mr. diminishment of good things.

9. #504 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

it's on record that aa does use race, despite fuckos desperate denials, obfuscations, sophistry and insults.

god bless tiny victories.

that's what she said.

10. #505 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    All Flash really wants is to be able to say the N-word and not face any personal consequences for doing so.
    LV426 is full of shit and the world's biggest hypocrite.

11. #506 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

AA is not legislation but it is a set of guidelines that must be followed in hiring. It is basically paperwork that is easy to get around if one wants to do so. It does not require quotas (which are illegal) or giving preference to any category.

However, the discrimination that occurs is often due to decisions by administrators who want to hire more minorities who pressure, require, or select applicants---not because AA required them to do so.

I have seen administrators require a selection committee to present him with three applicants and he would choose. In one instance he chose a minority who was ranked last. Another time he selected the pretty young lady.

In another instance a local black state legislator was pushing for more minority hires and a black guy was hired to do "inventory" just to placate the legislator.

In another instance a woman who was part-time and well-liked by students was hired by simply advertising the position in the local newspaper resulting in only one application saving everybody the time and expense of bringing in other people for interviews.This was a "legal" way to get around affirmative action requirements.

12. #507 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 3,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

affirmative action is a despicable race and gender discrimination policy.

revenge and collective punishment are not a legitimate basis for policy.
    We'll see about that. I don't want all white people to suffer, but you should.

13. #508 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    We'll see about that. I don't want all white people to suffer, but you should.
    thanks?

14. #509 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    A Coca-Cola spokesperson confirmed that the course is "part of a learning plan to help build an inclusive workplace," but also noted that "the video circulating on social media is from a publicly available LinkedIn Learning series and is not a focus of our company's curriculum."

15. #510 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    AA is not legislation but it is a set of guidelines that must be followed in hiring
    Instead of getting the Flash half-truth/spin, let's get what AA is straight from the horse's mouth:

An affirmative action program includes those policies, practices, and procedures that the contractor implements to ensure that all qualified applicants and employees are receiving an equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, advancement, and every other term and privilege associated with employment.
    This only applies to federal contractors, and it doesn't say anything about quotas.