Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Coke goes Full Woke

1. #466 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,421 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    sometimes more qualified candidates are passed over for reasons of their gender and race.
    Oh really?

Like who?

Who is this overqualified white person who lost out on a job because a Black guy filled a quota?

Give me a name. One name. That's all. Just one person this happened to.

I'm calling your bluff because Dutch Uncle said the same fuckin' thing and he couldn't come up with a single example of this, either.

Now watch as you don't do that and instead ignore this post and/or abandon the thread completely...
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #467 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Oh really?

Like who?

Who is this overqualified white person who lost out on a job because a Black guy filled a quota?

Give me a name. One name. That's all. Just one person this happened to.

Now watch as you don't do that and instead ignore this post and/or abandon the thread completely...
    like countless numbers of whites and males. everyone reading this knows you're a liar.

your assertion that it never happens is laughable.

keep lying, cletus.

3. #468 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

deny it again, fool. I'll tell you again. I got all day. the truth is worth it, liar.
    I'm calling your bluff.

One name.

One person that this happened to is all I want.

I'm not even asking you for multiple examples, I'm asking you for just one example.

The reason you can't provide that example is the same reason why you couldn't get hired; because you're full of shit and anyone can see that.

4. #469 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm calling your bluff.

One name.

One person that this happened to is all I want.

I'm not even asking you for multiple examples, I'm asking you for just one example.

The reason you can't provide that example is the same reason why you couldn't get hired; because you're full of shit and anyone can see that.
    once again, this is not about me. it's about a discrimination policy you support because you're a bad, small minded moron.

5. #470 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

like countless numbers of whites and males. everyone reading this knows you're a liar.
    Name one person.

It's looking like this is a lie, and you're now trying to cover for yourself by speaking vaguely and generally.

But I am asking you for specifics and you can't provide those.

That's probably the same thing that happened to you in an interview, and you took that as discrimination because the interviewer had the gall to expect you to be honest and truthful.

your assertion that it never happens is laughable.
    You've been unable to provide a single instance of this happening. All you've done is speak vaguely and generally, expecting me to accept what you said as truthful.

You should know by now that I don't trust anything you say...so you need to provide proof of your assertions like this.

If it happened to countless numbers of white people, then you should be able to cite a single, specific instance.

But you can't. You're incapable of that because you have no work ethic and are full of self-loathing for being unemployable.

So because you're so deficient, instead of improving yourself, you just blame others.

You blame a system for your inability to get hired because you lack the necessary qualifications and experience, and refuse to improve them.

6. #471 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,326 Times in 52,380 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

sometimes more qualified candidates are passed over for reasons of their gender and race. it's explicit discrimination on a race/gender basis.

deny it again, fool. I'll tell you again. I got all day. the truth is worth it, liar.
    Agreed. I've seen it and experienced it as stated before.

Pros and Cons of Affirmative Action: https://www.mtholyoke.edu/~jesan20l/...arguments.html
    Arguments AGAINST Affirmative Action:
    • Affirmative action is reverse discrimination. The past discrimination against certain minority groups does not justify present discrimination against non-minorities. All people are equal under the laws of the United States of America and should be treated accordingly.
    • It destroys the idea of a meritocracy and instead puts race as the dominant factor in admissions and hiring procedures. The best people for the position should be put there, regardless of race.
    • Students/workers who are put into a position through affirmative action often are not fully ready for the task. Not only is this not good for the university/company, but it is also not good for these students/workers as well because it lowers self-esteem.
    • Affirmative action reinforces stereotypes and racism because of the previous point. People given a position purely because of affirmative action often are not qualified, and the idea that all people of that race must be "stupid" is perpetuated. Also, it presupposes that all people of the same skin color are from the lower class, and therefore need help. This also reinforces stereotypes and even embeds them permanently into the system.
    • Simply having people of different races or ethnicities in the workplace/university does not necessarily mean diversity of opinion. People with the same skin color are not necessarily the same in opinion or even culture.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #472 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Name one person.

It's looking like this is a lie, and you're now trying to cover for yourself by speaking vaguely and generally.

But I am asking you for specifics and you can't provide those.

That's probably the same thing that happened to you in an interview, and you took that as discrimination because the interviewer had the gall to expect you to be honest and truthful.

You've been unable to provide a single instance of this happening. All you've done is speak vaguely and generally, expecting me to accept what you said as truthful.

You should know by now that I don't trust anything you say...so you need to provide proof of your assertions like this.

If it happened to countless numbers of white people, then you should be able to cite a single, specific instance.

But you can't. You're incapable of that because you have no work ethic and are full of self-loathing for being unemployable.

8. #473 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

once again, this is not about me. it's about a discrimination policy you support because you're a bad, small minded moron.
    LMAO! Of course it's about you...you're the one accusing AA of discrimination and then you lied about white people losing out on jobs thanks to quotas.

You haven't been able to prove any of that.

Your arrogant insistence is not proof of anything other than your inability to form a coherent argument supported by facts and truth.

9. #474 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LMAO! Of course it's about you...you're the one accusing AA of discrimination and then you lied about white people losing out on jobs thanks to quotas.

You haven't been able to prove any of that.

Your arrogant insistence is not proof of anything other than your inability to form a coherent argument supported by facts and truth.
    it's implemented by discrimination on race and gender.

you're denying the obvious reality here, fuckface.

10. #475 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed. I've seen it and experienced it as stated before.

Pros and Cons of Affirmative Action: https://www.mtholyoke.edu/~jesan20l/...arguments.html
    Arguments AGAINST Affirmative Action:
    • Affirmative action is reverse discrimination. The past discrimination against certain minority groups does not justify present discrimination against non-minorities. All people are equal under the laws of the United States of America and should be treated accordingly.
    • It destroys the idea of a meritocracy and instead puts race as the dominant factor in admissions and hiring procedures. The best people for the position should be put there, regardless of race.
    • Students/workers who are put into a position through affirmative action often are not fully ready for the task. Not only is this not good for the university/company, but it is also not good for these students/workers as well because it lowers self-esteem.
    • Affirmative action reinforces stereotypes and racism because of the previous point. People given a position purely because of affirmative action often are not qualified, and the idea that all people of that race must be "stupid" is perpetuated. Also, it presupposes that all people of the same skin color are from the lower class, and therefore need help. This also reinforces stereotypes and even embeds them permanently into the system.
    • Simply having people of different races or ethnicities in the workplace/university does not necessarily mean diversity of opinion. People with the same skin color are not necessarily the same in opinion or even culture.

So then you should be able to cite an instance of this happening...of an overqualified white person losing out on a job thanks to quotas.

I've asked this of you several times, and every time you choke.

So you believe, personally, that AA discriminates against white people by stacking all qualified candidates against each other, but you can't actually prove this belief and every attempt to get you to do so is met with stunned silence or a personal deflection.

One person...that's all I've been asking. One person this happened to.

You can't do it. You can't even do the bare minimum.

That's why you can't get hired. Not because of quotas or AA, but because you are incapable of making yourself hirable.

So you just blame some ambiguous system instead of improving your skills, experience, and qualifications to make you more hirable.

In essence, you're just fucking lazy and entitled and you think your experience and your perspective are the standard, when it's looking like you're the outlier and the extremist here.

After all, you can't even support your argument with proof.

11. #476 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,326 Times in 52,380 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

So then you should be able to cite an instance of this happening..
    Why should I waste me time? You made your opinion of my posts very clear, ma'm.

I prefer to converse with people who have a modicum of respect for others. Sure, I'll post to the trolls, but that's just for fun. Have a nice day.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

12. #477 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Self portrait huh?

You: AA led to overqualified white people losing out on jobs because of quotas.

Me: OK, name one person that happened to.

You: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. #478 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it's implemented by discrimination on race and gender.
    How? How is considering all candidates, regardless of race and gender, racial discrimination?

It seems like you're mixing up "racial discrimination" with "discrimination against lazy and entitled people".

No qualified candidate has ever, ever, ever lost out on a job because of quotas.

Never.

you're denying the obvious reality here, fuckface.
    When asked of evidence of this reality, you choked.

So "reality" = an example of this happening.

Both you and Dutch are equally incapable of providing that example.

So what we have now is a case of "take me at my word when I say there's discrimination".

And I will say to that, "why the fuck should I take you at your word?"

14. #479 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Why should I waste me time? You made your opinion of my posts very clear, ma'm.
    So you have no evidence of this, just your skewed and biased perception as someone who wasn't directly involved in the hiring process, despite you embellishing and exaggerating earlier in this thread that you were.

So it's no surprise to me that you can't come up with a single name of a person that this happened to because you weren't truthful about your part in the hiring process earlier in this thread.

This is what I mean when I say that you act in bad faith; you make wild claims, based on your biased perspective, then absolutely and categorically refuse to back up those claims, leaning on a "take my word for it" approach.

Well, since you weren't truthful about your role in the hiring process before, why the fuck should we take you truthfully when you claim the process is biased and rife with discrimination now?

I don't feel like that's an unfair question or a personal attack.

15. #480 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How? How is considering all candidates, regardless of race and gender, racial discrimination?

It seems like you're mixing up "racial discrimination" with "discrimination against lazy and entitled people".

No qualified candidate has ever, ever, ever lost out on a job because of quotas.

Never.

When asked of evidence of this reality, you choked.

So "reality" = an example of this happening.

Both you and Dutch are equally incapable of providing that example.

So what we have now is a case of "take me at my word when I say there's discrimination".

And I will say to that, "why the fuck should I take you at your word?"
    you're misrepresenting the program as implemented. it favors certain race/gender categories. protected classes they're called. do you know what a protected class is?

I win by your de facto forfeit through lying.