Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Carolina Bans Abortion; Seeks To Expand Poverty...

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Let me repeat: Abortion is the hypocrite's crutch, a child dies every few seconds in the world and even in America of preventable healthcare issues and never ever do you hear abortion foes talk of helping the living born conscious human being. It is only this moral outrage over abortion that gets notice for it requires nothing of the moralist except judgment and condemnation of the other. Consider too the misogyny and racism so evident in America during the last President and 2016 election and you must wonder why this love of children does not extend into love of all people? How hard it is to to fund help for the needy in America, CHIP was an example, or universal healthcare, and you soon realize abortion like guns is only a wedge issue used to manage the mind of the easily persuaded. Religion, and especially evangelical religion in America has come to be about political power and money and no longer has anything to do with morality, you know simply doing good for your neighbor.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

"Diarrhoea is a leading killer of children, accounting for 9 per cent of all deaths among children under age 5 worldwide in 2015. This translates to over 1,400 young children dying each day, or about 526,000 children a year, despite the availability of simple effective treatment."

https://data.unicef.org/topic/child-...hoeal-disease/

http://harpers.org/archive/1987/10/w...-nurses-story/

"For some reason, the most vocal Christians among us never mention the Beatitudes (Matthew 5). But, often with tears in their eyes, they demand that the Ten Commandments be posted in public buildings. And of course, that's Moses, not Jesus. I haven't heard one of them demand that the Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes, be posted anywhere. "Blessed are the merciful" in a courtroom? "Blessed are the peacemakers" in the Pentagon? Give me a break!" Kurt Vonnegut
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (02-19-2021), PoliTalker (02-19-2021), ThatOwlWoman (02-19-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Tell the poor sluts to keep their legs shut
    Men should prefer your arse?

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    The fact its so easy to not get pregnant just shows how lazy and irresponsible people are.
    You get away with it because you're incapable. Big deal!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-19-2021)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Tell the horndog men to keep it in their pants.
    Many contraceptive devises are safe and effective, many at low cost. For the poor...no cost. Let alone the age old rhythm method. No excuses. Unwanted pregnancies come from either pure laziness or simply not giving a shit because you know you can get a free abortion.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    they demand that the Ten Commandments be posted in public buildings. And of course, that's Moses, not Jesus.
    Totally wrong. Moses was not the author of the 10 commandments. They came from God himself. Moses only delivered the message......

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I agree. It will be struck down as unconstitutional in the lower courts, as all the prior attempts at forced-birth laws have been.
    I'm not so sure about that.

Of course it will be struck down, but then it will be appealed. They will not give up. They will keep trying until they get a case before the SCOTUS. And if they don't win that one they will try again.

The overly religious are determined to ignore the separation of church and state, determined to force their religious views upon the rest by law. They do not recognize the beauty and wisdom of keeping religion out of government.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    In the past 25 years, the three policy issues conservatives have actually been most passionate about are forcing women to give birth, banning gay marriage, and invading Iraq.
    not to mention cutting taxes, conservative judges, reduced regulations, school choice, cutting spending, expanded energy exploration, job growth, reduced dependency on government......gosh I could go on for pages.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,634 Times in 10,060 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Tell the horndog men to keep it in their pants.
    Man cant have sex with a girl unless she says YES..and men don't get pregnant!

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello midcan5,

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Let me repeat: Abortion is the hypocrite's crutch, a child dies every few seconds in the world and even in America of preventable healthcare issues and never ever do you hear abortion foes talk of helping the living born conscious human being. It is only this moral outrage over abortion that gets notice for it requires nothing of the moralist except judgment and condemnation of the other. Consider too the misogyny and racism so evident in America during the last President and 2016 election and you must wonder why this love of children does not extend into love of all people? How hard it is to to fund help for the needy in America, CHIP was an example, or universal healthcare, and you soon realize abortion like guns is only a wedge issue used to manage the mind of the easily persuaded. Religion, and especially evangelical religion in America has come to be about political power and money and no longer has anything to do with morality, you know simply doing good for your neighbor.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

"Diarrhoea is a leading killer of children, accounting for 9 per cent of all deaths among children under age 5 worldwide in 2015. This translates to over 1,400 young children dying each day, or about 526,000 children a year, despite the availability of simple effective treatment."

https://data.unicef.org/topic/child-...hoeal-disease/

http://harpers.org/archive/1987/10/w...-nurses-story/

"For some reason, the most vocal Christians among us never mention the Beatitudes (Matthew 5). But, often with tears in their eyes, they demand that the Ten Commandments be posted in public buildings. And of course, that's Moses, not Jesus. I haven't heard one of them demand that the Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes, be posted anywhere. "Blessed are the merciful" in a courtroom? "Blessed are the peacemakers" in the Pentagon? Give me a break!" Kurt Vonnegut
    Thanks for chiming in. You are spot-on, of course.

It is highly incongruous that the evangelist christian right is so concerned about 'unborn babies,' (actually fetuses,) but cares zero about the already-born (actual babies) who are starving and neglected all over the world and here in America. It could be considered more merciful for a don't-wanter parent to abort very early than to be forced to be raise a child they never wanted.

How many children grow up in poverty and have parents (if both are even present) who do not know how to be successful and have no idea how to impart the knowledge they do not have upon their children?

Children with an inspirational upbringing are imparted with self-respect; they are told they can achieve anything if they try hard enough. Children of cross-generational poverty are told they are worthless and will never amount to anything. Can you even imagine such a thing? To tell a young mind that they don't matter in this world is a crime against the psyche.

Some children are given the tools and encouragement they need to succeed.

Others are told they have no chance so they shouldn't bother trying.

That's the difference between having a parent who truly wishes to be a good parent, and one who is forced to do something they don't want to do; and is resentful and regretful of it.

The only reason Christians want to create more babies is to expand their religion.

Why is that needed?

Would there be something less appealing about a religion if there were fewer other humans who believed in it?

Does it make it easier to believe in God if many other humans do also?

I suppose if only one person believed in God, and the entire rest of the world did not, it would be very difficult for that one person. They would have to doubt their sincerity in the belief.

There is religious security in being part of a larger group.

But there is a big problem for humanity now because of religions forcing the infinite expansion of the human population.

The Earth is now over populated.

It was all fine and well back when religions began. It wasn't clear if humanity would survive, and the extent of the planet was not even known. Heck, humans didn't even know the Earth was round.

The message of 'go forth and multiply' was just what people needed to hear and do.

And humans did so.

Now, thousands of hears later, we have the opposite problem. There are too many humans on Earth. We are using up resources, creating pollution, causing species extinction at an unprecedented rate, filling up land-fills, filling the seas with plastic, and our industrial activity is actually affecting our atmosphere and changing our climate. We simply cannot continue on our present course.

Something has to change.

Humans forcing humans to add more humans they don't even want is exactly the wrong thing for humanity.

We need more humans to look at the big picture.

We need fewer humans on Earth, not more.

Families should be limited to no more than two children. That would result in a gradual decrease in the number of humans on Earth and make our limited resources last a lot longer.

There is no Planet B.

We are looking for another planet, but so far we have found nothing habitable and viable to get to. This is it. We must be prepared to make our stand here. It's time for humanity to wise up. Religion is not serving us very well.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.