1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,500 Times in 6,244 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post

Boeing can no longer be trusted.

Aw, c'mon- it's a respectable arms dealership responsible for the deaths and displacement of millions of foreigners. Surely it gets some accolade for that ?
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Aw, c'mon- it's a respectable arms dealership responsible for the deaths and displacement of millions of foreigners. Surely it gets some accolade for that ?
    What a disappointing post, It's a Big Fucking Deal that the FAA makes it very clear that they dont trust Boeing.

Things are spinning out of control rapidly for this profoundly mismanaged company.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Shareholder Primacy Culture And The Cautionary Tale Of Boeing

What is critical now isn’t the what in this story, but the why. Why did intelligent, experienced leaders at Boeing take dangerous, risky shortcuts that cost human lives in two crashes, billions in lost revenue, and untold value in lost reputation? We must continue to ask questions about Boeing to prevent this kind of massive scale mistake and forge a better future.

I believe the facts surrounding the Boeing 737 ban point to a toxic corporate culture shaped by shareholder primacy and short-term profits — a culture where employee complaints were increasingly silenced, and individual’s resistance was blatantly ignored.

One such employee wrote to me after I contributed a column here on Forbes describing the horrific happenings at Boeing after records revealed that for years the company took dangerous, risky shortcuts to maximize short-term shareholder value. The letter I received, signed by a longtime Boeing machinist, begged me to continue to tell this story. He said management from time to time, talks about safety, but they don’t mean it. Look at their actions, he said. And we’re not allowed to complain. That’s the power of culture for good or evil.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/justcap...h=372ee70b2b1f

I knew seven years ago that Boeing was in trouble when my daughter, who is a grad from WSU's business school where Boeing at the time hired heavily from, started telling me that everyone she knew who started with Boeing after college had already left Boeing, or was looking for an exit. Even super young new hires could see the crash coming.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Analysts divided over U.S. aviation prospects — and worried about Boeing's future in the Pacific Northwest

By Dominic Gates The Seattle Times

While Boeing spent 18 months throwing resources at fixing the MAX, Airbus moved ahead with new products and established a clear market advantage with the A321neo.

Then the COVID-19 pandemic hit Boeing hard, draining its cash and requiring a focus on survival.

Yet Aboulafia said the case for launching a plane that would essentially be a modernized 757 in size — about 230-plus seats with a range of about 5,800 miles — is a slam dunk.

He said the A321 is not even a terrific airplane. It's an old design with a less-than-perfect wing. Airbus's success in selling more than 3,000 of them is a matter of "right place, right time," he said.

Boeing has no competitive model and that size and range of airplane is suddenly in high demand as airlines favor taking expensive widebodies off regional international routes and replacing them with such a narrowbody.

Aboulafia said Boeing could do it. It would have to spend a couple of extra billion dollars a year to develop it, but that "wouldn't move the needle much" given the company's current debt of $64 billion.

"If Boeing does nothing, this is an enormous chunk of the market lost to them," he said. He projects that would mean Airbus taking 60% of overall market share, consigning Boeing to permanent second fiddle status.
    https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/busin...36d7b63b6.html

It is not at all clear that Boeing has the capacity to design or build planes well anymore, and their financial situation is turning to shit fast.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Boeing stock up to 217 now, I'm happy!

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Good for you
    Lock Him Up

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Boeing’s Deepening 787 Inspections Point to Risk of Longer Delay

Boeing Co.’s hunt for the source of manufacturing flaws with its 787 Dreamliner extends deep into its supply chain, a sign the planemaker risks further delays as it works to resolve issues that have halted deliveries of the jetliner since October.

Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Inc., which makes the Dreamliner’s nose and cockpit, is at Boeing’s request conducting an engineering analysis of so-called “noncomformities” on its portion of the carbon-fiber frame, Spirit Chief Executive Officer Tom Gentile told analysts Tuesday.

Gentile spoke less than a day after a key 787 buyer, Air Lease Corp., cautioned that production issues “seem to have mushroomed” for the twin-aisle jet. “There’s just greater and greater levels of inspections going on,” John Plueger, CEO of the Los Angeles-based aircraft lessor, said on an earnings call Monday. “As yet today, it’s difficult to see a definitive fix that is agreeable by the aviation authorities and all going forward.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...f-longer-delay

It has long looked like the 787 would never make money, and now the two last planes from Boeing are cluster fucks. With the 787 Boeing is paying for the decision to have long supply chains and for subcontracting out design and manufacturing program set-up, in the effort to save money so that they could skim more money off for the stockholders and company executives.

I restate my demand that all of the board be fired....how the fuck could it take so long to find out that the manufacturing of the 787 was below specs?
    Last edited by Hawkeye10; 02-23-2021 at 06:07 PM.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    229 now!

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,500 Times in 6,244 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post

229 now!
    You pitiful Ponzi prat.

Haw, haw................................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

10. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-25-2021)

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

FAA Fines Boeing Another $6.6 Million

The Federal Aviation Administration has slapped Boeing with a US$6.6 million fine. It’s pocket change compared to the multi-billion dollar fine the Department of Justice hit Boeing with earlier this year. The latest fine relates to Boeing’s failure to meet agreed safety oversight changes dating from 2015. In addition, the penalty settles two other outstanding issues at the aircraft manufacturer.
    https://simpleflying.com/faa-boeing-fine/

I restate my demand that the entire board and CEO have to go...PRONTO!

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://simpleflying.com/faa-boeing-fine/

I restate my demand that the entire board and CEO have to go...PRONTO!

Just go add several billion more in BA to your portfolio & maybe they'll care
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    You pitiful Ponzi prat.

Haw, haw................................haw.
    Creepy Canuck Cuntess.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Just go add several billion more in BA to your portfolio & maybe they'll care
    I only run me.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Boeing 777 makes emergency landing in Moscow after engine sensor problem\
    MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Rossiya Airlines Boeing 777 cargo plane made an emergency landing at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport on Friday due to a problem with an engine control sensor, the airline said.

The plane was a 15-year-old 777-300ER, according to flight tracking website FlightRadar24, which means it has General Electric engines.

Those are different from the Pratt & Whitney PW4000 engines under scrutiny after an engine fire aboard a United Airlines 777 on Saturday which prompted the suspension of operations involving planes using those engines.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN2AQ11A

Before the crash in confidence in BOEING this would have never made the news.

Folks are getting twitchy!

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Boeing 777 makes emergency landing in Moscow after engine sensor problem\

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN2AQ11A

Before the crash in confidence in BOEING this would have never made the news.

Folks are getting twitchy!
    Have you ever flown on a Tupolev 154? I did once from Manchester to Prague and back.