Thread: White Christian nationalism must go

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,840 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default White Christian nationalism must go

Dominionist Theology (aka dominionism) is political but based in Christian fundamentalism. It asserts that Christians should seek to “dominate the world in the name of establishing the Kingdom of God,” as Emily Swan, co-author of “Solus Jesus: A Theology of Resistance,” and co-pastor of Blue Ocean Faith Ann Arbor, wrote for the publication Medium in 2019. Swan continued, “Seven mountains [a tenant of dominionism] refers to the thinking that seven major areas of human life need such Christian influence: education, religion, family, business, government/military, arts/entertainment, and media.”

This incredibly dangerous worldview was on full display on Jan. 6 when approximately 800 domestic terrorist insurrectionists stormed the U.S. Capitol building and wreaked absolute havoc. In the raucous crowd both in and outside of the Capitol were posters and banners about Jesus and Christian faith, a crucifix, and even those trying to emulate the biblical story of the fall of the wall of Jericho. White Christian nationalism, which goes hand-in-hand with White supremacy and neo-confederate and neo-Nazi ideology, is a threat to our government and society.

https://www.newsandsentinel.com/opin...alism-must-go/
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Jack (02-15-2021), PoliTalker (02-15-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

White Christian nationalism is not new, but the cult of Trump has brought it again to the fore. A quote mistakenly attributed to Sinclair Lewis but actually stated by James Waterman Wise reads, “when fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Fascism is here and it showed up just as Waterman Wise predicted. We cannot let it continue to spread unchecked.

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-15-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Dominionist Theology (aka dominionism) is political but based in Christian fundamentalism. It asserts that Christians should seek to “dominate the world in the name of establishing the Kingdom of God,” as Emily Swan, co-author of “Solus Jesus: A Theology of Resistance,” and co-pastor of Blue Ocean Faith Ann Arbor, wrote for the publication Medium in 2019. Swan continued, “Seven mountains [a tenant of dominionism] refers to the thinking that seven major areas of human life need such Christian influence: education, religion, family, business, government/military, arts/entertainment, and media.”

This incredibly dangerous worldview was on full display on Jan. 6 when approximately 800 domestic terrorist insurrectionists stormed the U.S. Capitol building and wreaked absolute havoc. In the raucous crowd both in and outside of the Capitol were posters and banners about Jesus and Christian faith, a crucifix, and even those trying to emulate the biblical story of the fall of the wall of Jericho. White Christian nationalism, which goes hand-in-hand with White supremacy and neo-confederate and neo-Nazi ideology, is a threat to our government and society.

shut your hate hole.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

BattleofHodow (02-15-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 8,402 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

You must stay up at night to get that stupid.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's a mistake to limit 'Christian Nationalism' to 'White People'. Visit a Black Church sometime, they love them some Jesus. Visit a Hispanic Church, they do so love their Virgin Mary (did you know she was a virgin?). 'Christian Nationalism' cuts across the Color barrier, that's what makes it so dangerous.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-15-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,269 Times in 13,402 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Or, it is possible guno went to a major university and studied liberal arts for years and years because that too will make you utterly stupid beyond human comprehension... It's the only place you can get unnaturally stupid. Anywhere else that level of stupid kills itself off as nature intended...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Yakuda (02-15-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

White Christian nationalism is not new, but the cult of Trump has brought it again to the fore. A quote mistakenly attributed to Sinclair Lewis but actually stated by James Waterman Wise reads, “when fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Fascism is here and it showed up just as Waterman Wise predicted. We cannot let it continue to spread unchecked.

but it's coming in the "the new left's" internationalist fascism.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    everyone knows dominating the world is god's mission for jews.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

BattleofHodow (02-15-2021)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 8,402 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Or, it is possible guno went to a major university and studied liberal arts for years and years because that too will make you utterly stupid beyond human comprehension... It's the only place you can get unnaturally stupid. Anywhere else that level of stupid kills itself off as nature intended...
    Seems the more likely possibility.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

White Christian nationalism must go
    can we get rid of all your other silly fantasies at the same time?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

RB 60 (02-15-2021)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    shut your hate hole.
    hey, its a free country.....atheist tele-evangelists are entitled to equal time......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (02-15-2021)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

White Christian nationalism is not new
    nor is it real......

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (02-15-2021)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

will anyone else admit that the only person who starts threads attacking other people's religious beliefs is a self proclaimed black atheist semite?.....

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It's a mistake to limit 'Christian Nationalism' to 'White People'. Visit a Black Church sometime, they love them some Jesus. Visit a Hispanic Church, they do so love their Virgin Mary (did you know she was a virgin?). 'Christian Nationalism' cuts across the Color barrier, that's what makes it so dangerous.
    White Christian nationalism, which goes hand-in-hand with White supremacy and neo-confederate and neo-Nazi ideology, is a threat to our government and society.

The filthy underbelly of America

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

History and White Christian Nationalism

For decades, leaders of the Christian right have been calling for true Christian patriots to take back America. Their well-worn jeremiad decries the exile of Christians from power and demands they retake their place at the center of the nation.

On January 6, they did just that.

For hours, while the Capitol’s usual occupants sheltered in offices and basements, white Christian nationalists took over the center of American government. In the Senate chamber, a member of the Proud Boys led a prayer:

What was the lived history behind the Capitol insurrection? What stories about the past did the invaders cobble together in deciding to storm the building?

What was the lived history behind the Capitol insurrection? What stories about the past did the invaders cobble together in deciding to storm the building? We know from their prayers and statements both before and during the events of January 6 that the Christian heritage narrative was a key component. As we seek to better understand the ideological formation of white Christian nationalists, we should pay attention to the history they deploy to justify their actions, just as we attend to questions about race, masculinity, immigration, and class. This lived history does not require names, dates, or citations. All it requires is a story that transforms a malcontent into an exile, and a terrorist into a savior.

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu...an-nationalism

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-15-2021)