Thread: White Christian nationalism must go

1. #16 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    will anyone else admit that the only person who starts threads attacking other people's religious beliefs is a self proclaimed black atheist semite?.....
    There's Crypuss, Jack and Bill. They're scared of and hate us Christians. They start hate threads on Christians, yet there's not one hate thread on atheists. Haters hate.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

I guess Black & Jewish Nationalism is okay!?

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    History and White Christian Nationalism

For decades, leaders of the Christian right have been calling for true Christian patriots to take back America. Their well-worn jeremiad decries the exile of Christians from power and demands they retake their place at the center of the nation.

On January 6, they did just that.

For hours, while the Capitol’s usual occupants sheltered in offices and basements, white Christian nationalists took over the center of American government. In the Senate chamber, a member of the Proud Boys led a prayer:

What was the lived history behind the Capitol insurrection? What stories about the past did the invaders cobble together in deciding to storm the building?

What was the lived history behind the Capitol insurrection? What stories about the past did the invaders cobble together in deciding to storm the building? We know from their prayers and statements both before and during the events of January 6 that the Christian heritage narrative was a key component. As we seek to better understand the ideological formation of white Christian nationalists, we should pay attention to the history they deploy to justify their actions, just as we attend to questions about race, masculinity, immigration, and class. This lived history does not require names, dates, or citations. All it requires is a story that transforms a malcontent into an exile, and a terrorist into a savior.

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu...an-nationalism
    Whites will be a super-majority as long as you live. You want it to end sooner, fuck you and die (you racist wannabe).
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

White Christian nationalism is not new, but the cult of Trump has brought it again to the fore. A quote mistakenly attributed to Sinclair Lewis but actually stated by James Waterman Wise reads, “when fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Fascism is here and it showed up just as Waterman Wise predicted. We cannot let it continue to spread unchecked.

We are wise to, and must, have separation of church and state.

We are not a Christian nation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-15-2021)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Jewish Nationalism like Zionism & the Jewish Defense League must go too.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

History and White Christian Nationalism

For decades, leaders of the Christian right have been calling for true Christian patriots to take back America. Their well-worn jeremiad decries the exile of Christians from power and demands they retake their place at the center of the nation.

On January 6, they did just that.

For hours, while the Capitol’s usual occupants sheltered in offices and basements, white Christian nationalists took over the center of American government. In the Senate chamber, a member of the Proud Boys led a prayer:

What was the lived history behind the Capitol insurrection? What stories about the past did the invaders cobble together in deciding to storm the building?

What was the lived history behind the Capitol insurrection? What stories about the past did the invaders cobble together in deciding to storm the building? We know from their prayers and statements both before and during the events of January 6 that the Christian heritage narrative was a key component. As we seek to better understand the ideological formation of white Christian nationalists, we should pay attention to the history they deploy to justify their actions, just as we attend to questions about race, masculinity, immigration, and class. This lived history does not require names, dates, or citations. All it requires is a story that transforms a malcontent into an exile, and a terrorist into a savior.

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu...an-nationalism
    From your link: "As the Christian right formed in the 1980s, its leaders issued a clarion call to these patriots. The nation was in decline, and salvation could only come from restoring things to the way they were in the past."

Sounds like Reagan, up one side, down the other.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-15-2021)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

White Christian nationalism, which goes hand-in-hand with White supremacy and neo-confederate and neo-Nazi ideology, is a threat to our government and society.

The filthy underbelly of America
    Yes. I hear that same thing from others. I will grant you it is largely White, but it is not exclusively White. Which is my point.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    There's Crypuss, Jack and Bill. They're scared of and hate us Christians. They start hate threads on Christians, yet there's not one hate thread on atheists. Haters hate.
    Cypress and Bill hardly ever starts threads.....I've had Jack on ignore so long I no longer remember why.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Cypress and Bill hardly ever starts threads.....I've had Jack on ignore so long I no longer remember why.......
    Take him off and you'll quickly be reminded of why..