Thread: life on other planets

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TexanManWithPlans View Post
    And neither can be considered true when facts and reason contradict their claims.
    obviously that fucks up your claim regarding religion, since you have neither.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    well you see, that type of lie is why we think lib'ruls are fuckwits.......nobody is trying to pass laws based on the existence of God.....as for abortion, I want it to be banned because I think it is incredibly evil to kill children........you can gamble if you want to throw your money away, and if you have to buy sex I think you should have the right to do so......stem cell research is wrong for the same reason as abortion.......any thing else?......
    Nobody wants to kill children, dumbass. But how is abortion "killing children" when the thing being aborted is a non-sentient, microscopic clump of cells? Ditto with regards to stem cell research.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

obviously that fucks up your claim regarding religion, since you have neither.....
    Well, people don't levitate, so that right there contradicts the Bible's claim that Jesus levitated into the clouds.

Also, people don't come back to life after dying, which contradicts the Bible's claim that Jesus rose from the dead.

Want to keep going? Lol.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Nobody wants to kill children, dumbass. But how is abortion "killing children" when the thing being aborted is a non-sentient, microscopic clump of cells? Ditto with regards to stem cell research.
    abortions are killing children its one in the same dumb ass

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so despite what science tells us about human reproduction you choose beliefs which are contradicted by fact and reason........I wonder what we should say about whether beliefs like that should be considered true...
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, people don't levitate, so that right there contradicts the Bible's claim that Jesus levitated into the clouds.

Also, people don't come back to life after dying, which contradicts the Bible's claim that Jesus rose from the dead.

Want to keep going? Lol.
    unless of course Jesus is not "people".......I think you haven't even started yet, so don't ask if you need to keep going........why don't you go straight to the heart of it.......you literally said there are no gods.........so show me the facts that prove you are right......

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

unless of course Jesus is not "people".......I think you haven't even started yet, so don't ask if you need to keep going........why don't you go straight to the heart of it.......you literally said there are no gods.........so show me the facts that prove you are right......
    Oh. How convenient. When something in your dumb religion contradicts reason, you resort to hand-wavium.

"Jesus is magic! That's how he does shit that defies reason. Magic...."

Try again, but this time without disregarding reason whenever cornered by it.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so despite what science tells us about human reproduction you choose beliefs which are contradicted by fact and reason........I wonder what we should say about whether beliefs like that should be considered true...
    So when woman has a miscarriage, your god is a murderer.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    abortions are killing children its one in the same dumb ass
    So when a woman has a period and her body rejects a fertilized egg, does that mean god has just murdered a person?

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Jesus is magic! That's how he does shit that defies reason. Magic...."
    you are the one pretending he is magic, not me.......I merely point out it is ridiculous to impose the restrictions of human nature on one who by his very definition would not be limited to a human nature.....

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So when woman has a miscarriage, your god is a murderer.
    obviously not.......nor is he a murderer if a person dies at the age of 112........he is not a murderer if you open someone's head with an axe.......he is not a murderer when there is a 150 vehicle pile up on a Texas interstate.......anything else I need to clear up for you?......

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So when a woman has a period and her body rejects a fertilized egg, does that mean god has just murdered a person?
    see the above post......

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you are the one pretending he is magic, not me.......I merely point out it is ridiculous to impose the restrictions of human nature on one who by his very definition would not be limited to a human nature.....
    You keep making conveniently grandiose claims with no evidence.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You keep making conveniently grandiose claims with no evidence.
    dude you seem to forget........you claimed to have facts and reason that prove my beliefs are not true.......I'm just here pointing out you haven't done it yet......

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

dude you seem to forget........you claimed to have facts and reason that prove my beliefs are not true.......I'm just here pointing out you haven't done it yet......
    So if I write a religious book claiming something, it's someone else's job to debunk my claim? My claims are considered true until proven false? Are we to assume that Mohammed really flew to heaven on a winged horse? Or that the Greek gods reside on Olympus? Are we to assume these claims are true until someone comes along to disprove them?

Lol. That's not how reason works. You asked me how reason and facts contradict the Bible. I gave two examples. You need to either reason your way out of the corner, or admit that your position is unreasonable. You don't get to change the rules of a debate at your convenience.