1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Tranquillus in Exile,

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    According to opinion polls, as many as one in three Americans believe that the 2020 election was fraudulent. They believe this because Trump and his helpers have been repeating for months that there was "widespread fraud" - with no evidence, of course.

Trump's motive is clear enough: self-serving as always, he wants to maintain credibility with his followers as the one who can never lose, and he doesn't give a damn what harm it does to the country. He may even have come to believe it himself.

In a society as free and open as America, it's difficult to see what can be done to stop people who are determined to spread lies, especially if they have a receptive audience. That's why I say that an independent commission should be set up to examine these claims and clear them up once and for all.
    We wish it could be so easy. A commission could be set up, but it won't settle things once and for all. If it is set up by Democrats, Qheads will simply dismiss it as part of the 'deep state.' If the commission includes Republicans then it will ensure the Qanonsense issue is not resolved.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello midcan5,

Wow. This is a very interesting story:

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post

'EXCLUSIVE: Failed Screenwriter from New Jersey Behind One of QAnon’s Most Influential Personas'

https://www.logically.ai/articles/ex...ntial-personas
    So this guy tried writing fiction where fiction is normally marketed, ran into dead ends, and then proceeded to write fiction for a completely new market, and made it pay big time, earning over $150,000 spreading lies for profit.

No wonder this whole Qanonsense has spread so far and wide. Spreading it is a huge profit generator!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

midcan5 (02-10-2021)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

I was glad to see comment on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I read an article which claimed it is overwhelmingly baby boomers who are being duped by Q.

The explanation is that boomers are not tech or internet savvy, and are not as capable of detecting internet spoofs, misinformation, trolling.
    As a baby boomer who knows lots of other BB, I disagree - somewhat. Consider too if BB are not techies why would they buy into a conspiracy that is primarily tech promoted? This YouTube amazed me.

Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

CASPER (02-13-2021)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I was glad to see comment on topic.

As a baby boomer who knows lots of other BB, I disagree - somewhat. Consider too if BB are not techies why would they buy into a conspiracy that is primarily tech promoted? This YouTube amazed me.

Considering the youngest baby boomer is mid-50s this year, I agree that not all of the Qless are boomers; lots of Gen Xers in there too with several Gen Ys.

The Boomers are retirement age so a felony conviction isn't as big a deal for them. It's a life-changing event for mid-life, middle manager Gen Xers and Yers to suddenly become unemployed for their criminal actions.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

midcan5 (02-11-2021)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Conspiracies provide a means to belong, knowledge, to be a part of something in our complex world. But for many people they make little sense for soon they are forced to change as predictions fail. This constant change should tell the person something, but instead it often deepens the belief.

"There is an urgent need to-day for the citizens of a democracy to think well. It is not enough to have freedom of the Press and parliamentary institutions. Our difficulties are due partly to our own stupidity, partly to the exploitation of that stupidity, and partly to our own prejudices and personal desires." Susan Stebbing

"It’s a commonplace now that we live in a fragmented age of filter bubbles in which everyone can locate a collection of online resources which will reinforce and support their views."

https://www.waggish.org/2021/the-blo...cast-networks/

'Why You Can Never Argue with Conspiracy Theorists'

Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Tranquillus in Exile,

We wish it could be so easy. A commission could be set up, but it won't settle things once and for all. If it is set up by Democrats, Qheads will simply dismiss it as part of the 'deep state.' If the commission includes Republicans then it will ensure the Qanonsense issue is not resolved.
    Well the right will get to prove their case when the civil lawsuits crank up, Powell and Rudy can pull out all their evidence and clear up the matter once and for all, I am sure it will be interesting seeing all their "evidence"....ROTFLMAO!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-13-2021)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello CASPER,

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Well the right will get to prove their case when the civil lawsuits crank up, Powell and Rudy can pull out all their evidence and clear up the matter once and for all, I am sure it will be interesting seeing all their "evidence"....ROTFLMAO!
    I hope they get the Jerry Springer drunk voting machine contractor again. She was GREAT!

She 'just knows' there was Hanky-Panky going on...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-13-2021)

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello CASPER,

I hope they get the Jerry Springer drunk voting machine contractor again. She was GREAT!

She 'just knows' there was Hanky-Panky going on...
    Yes, I have to say she truly was a hoot, but then again she is also the gal that sits down next to you at the bar and after 5 minutes of listening to her talk you excuse yourself to go to the rest room and instead get in your car and burn rubber to get as far away from her as possible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-13-2021)

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, I have to say she truly was a hoot, but then again she is also the gal that sits down next to you at the bar and after 5 minutes of listening to her talk you excuse yourself to go to the rest room and instead get in your car and burn rubber to get as far away from her as possible.
    Crazy chicks with big tits were always my weakness.

For that matter, crazy chicks with small tits too.

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

After being stalked by one years ago, I lost my taste for that form of entertainment.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-13-2021)

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

After being stalked by one years ago, I lost my taste for that form of entertainment.
    The secret is to not piss them off. Figure out a way so that they dump you.

19. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The secret is to not piss them off. Figure out a way so that they dump you.
    I passed her on to another guy, I warned him, just like I had been warning, but darn she she one good looking woman, so he like the rest of us let our guard down then the crazy comes out. Nope, I will pass on crazy, but some never learn.

20. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I passed her on to another guy, I warned him, just like I had been warning, but darn she she one good looking woman, so he like the rest of us let our guard down then the crazy comes out. Nope, I will pass on crazy, but some never learn.
    Great plan!

It's the good looks that hook guys. Obviously they'd never go near a crazy woman who looks like 60 year old meth addict...at least not for long. LOL

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

CASPER (02-13-2021)

22. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Boy....... a whole lot of this country's big players have invested a whole lot of time trying to discredit a little ole crazy conspiracy theory. Wonder why? Btw,....the discrediting didnt just start,....has been going on for well over 2 years.
    the truth drives liars insane.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

Stone (02-18-2021)

24. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

newsflash: you're still a simp.