Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Is Black history month racist!?

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TexanManWithPlans View Post
    Black people can't hide their blackness. You can hide your Polishness. Heck, I'm Italian American. My ancestors were actually hanged in America. The largest public lynching in US history was committed against Italian Americans. But that doesn't mean much compared to what blacks have historically suffered and how they continue to face marginalization today.
    What marginalization!!?! Black Americans are the richest African ethnicity in the World.

2. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sobieski View Post
    What marginalization!!?! Black Americans are the richest African ethnicity in the World.
    Maybe you don't understand the word "marginalization." African Americans live in America, not in Africa.

3. The Following User Groans At TexanManWithPlans For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-13-2021)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-16-2021), Taichiliberal (02-13-2021)

5. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JDAM View Post
    Where did you grow up? me, lower east side of new york, and newark nj. 70's and 80's.

pryor engaged in our type of banter.
    Pryor's humor and social insight goes right over your head. Not surprising.

And I was born in Brooklyn but raised on Long Island....went to Catholic school grades 1 through 12. 60's, 70's and 80's. Commuted and semi-lived with family in Brooklyn, worked in Manhattan.
    Relatives from North Carolina and the Bronx....big family....poor working class folk making good. So don't even think of trying to pull some type of superior urban hero crap with me, because I know all about the sectional dynamics of urban/suburban living. My assessment of your mindset stands valid.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-16-2021)

7. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Latinos & Jews get a lot of the same special protections in the USA Blacks do.

Latinos hardly have a history of discrimination in the USA.

Jews get it because of their history in Europe.

Well, Poles were mistreated in Europe too.

But, it's okay to bash Poles because of the White color of their skin.

Imagine dumb Black jokes on the media!? I sure can't they would fight against the discrimination but against Poles it's cool.

Redlining as if that's a major issue for Blacks today!?

As for police brutality it happens to Whites too.
    As the reader can clearly see, when properly challenged, Jan just becomes a parrot squawking the same old lines while avoiding answering simple questions or conceding a point regarding his error laden statements on various topics he introduces (i.e., the ACLU).

Jan is just another 3rd rate David Duke wanna be with delusions of intelligence. A generic observation that white folks face police brutality also does not explain why black folk make up the majority of people incarcerated for drug offenses when the majority of illegal drug users are white. Or why black criminals are more likely to get the death penalty than white criminals with parallel rap sheets. Or how we've seen in the last 20 years armed white perpetrators who have killed get arrested by police without a scratch while black unarmed suspects are killed by police. Nope, in Jan's world this bit of FACT is irrelevant because Poles got a hard time in Europe and were subjected to ethnic jokes in America.

Once I expose these nitwits for the proud, willfully ignorant bigots that they are, I just ignore them, as they just take up time and space.

Say goodnight, Gracie.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-16-2021)

9. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Quit stalling....put up or shut up! Because only a complete lame alt-right/Trumper would try to tell the world that the ONLY person who did violence against the Capitol cops during the Jan. 6th insurrection was black. Prove it, or be exposed for the piss poor David Duke wanna be that you are.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emanuel...ere-for-trump/
    You're not too bright, are ya bunky?

All you've done is prove that ONE of the MANY violent insurrectionist on Jan. 6th was black. He was NOT the ONLY one. For your education:

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/96547...-their-stories

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...b-7060560d2643

https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...fzo4-list.html

You see Jan, the answer to the OP is NO....but you sure as hell are.

Say goodnight Gracie.

George Orwell

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-16-2021)

11. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As the reader can clearly see, when properly challenged, Jan just becomes a parrot squawking the same old lines while avoiding answering simple questions or conceding a point regarding his error laden statements on various topics he introduces (i.e., the ACLU).

Jan is just another 3rd rate David Duke wanna be with delusions of intelligence. A generic observation that white folks face police brutality also does not explain why black folk make up the majority of people incarcerated for drug offenses when the majority of illegal drug users are white. Or why black criminals are more likely to get the death penalty than white criminals with parallel rap sheets. Or how we've seen in the last 20 years armed white perpetrators who have killed get arrested by police without a scratch while black unarmed suspects are killed by police. Nope, in Jan's world this bit of FACT is irrelevant because Poles got a hard time in Europe and were subjected to ethnic jokes in America.

Once I expose these nitwits for the proud, willfully ignorant bigots that they are, I just ignore them, as they just take up time and space.

Say goodnight, Gracie.
    The higher incarceration doesn't have to be racism.
    A.) Do Blacks sell drugs more than Whites!?
    B.) Do Blacks live in crowded cities where police can catch drug users more!?
    C.) Do Blacks live in higher police presence regions due to higher crime!?
    D.) Do Blacks commit more crimes, thus might get illegal drug use added to their rap sheet!?

I see no reason to believe the police & justice system is racist.

We heard about Kalief Browser being unfairly jailed.
    Turns out the District Attorney was Black Robert T. Johnson.

12. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're not too bright, are ya bunky?

All you've done is prove that ONE of the MANY violent insurrectionist on Jan. 6th was black. He was NOT the ONLY one. For your education:

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/96547...-their-stories

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...b-7060560d2643

https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...fzo4-list.html

You see Jan, the answer to the OP is NO....but you sure as hell are.

Say goodnight Gracie.
    I never said he was the only capitol rioter.

But, judging by names only one capitol rioter was likely Polish, although doesn't have to be because some Ukrainians, and Jews have Polish names.

Witali Goss Jankowski the presumably Polish origins capitol one doesn't appear to have been violent.

13. #323 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

And I was born in Brooklyn but raised on Long Island....went to Catholic school grades 1 through 12. 60's, 70's and 80's. Commuted and semi-lived with family in Brooklyn, worked in Manhattan.
    Relatives from North Carolina and the Bronx....big family....poor working class folk making good. So don't even think of trying to pull some type of superior urban hero crap with me, because I know all about the sectional dynamics of urban/suburban living. My assessment of your mindset stands valid.

ahh so your parents engaged in white flight or are you trying to sound all urban cause you were born at a brooklyn hospital to white middle class long islanders? . it was common back in the days for friends to banter about each others ethnicity.

no one was offended.

14. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,565 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The higher incarceration doesn't have to be racism.
    A.) Do Blacks sell drugs more than Whites!?
    B.) Do Blacks live in crowded cities where police can catch drug users more!?
    C.) Do Blacks live in higher police presence regions due to higher crime!?
    D.) Do Blacks commit more crimes, thus might get illegal drug use added to their rap sheet!?

I see no reason to believe the police & justice system is racist.

We heard about Kalief Browser being unfairly jailed.
    Turns out the District Attorney was Black Robert T. Johnson.
    Change blacks to poorer people and they will stay valid. We have denied opportunities and quality schooling and jobs to blacks and the poor people for many decades.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-16-2021)

16. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,764 Times in 7,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

I don't believe that it's racist, but whites couldn't use the term White History Month without at least sounding racist.
    Unlike blacks, we don't refer to ourselves as white unless it's to specifically differentiate ourselves from blacks.
    Otherwise, we refer to our European origin to describe our ethnicity.
    That's possible because the European countries from which our previous generations came have existed for a long time.
    Many of the African nations that exist today were not existent during the horrors of slavery.
    Some African Americans, through no fault of their own, don't even know where their ancestors lived, and things like Black History Month offer a tradition with which to relate.
    Those DNA kits that are popular today have been used by many African Americans for the purpose of discovering their regional origin.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

17. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ahh so your parents engaged in white flight or are you trying to sound all urban cause you were born at a brooklyn hospital to white middle class long islanders? . it was common back in the days for friends to banter about each others ethnicity.

no one was offended.
    You need to stop drinking before you get on-line.
    Think, stupid, think! Did the folk in your characterization buy and listen to Richard Pryor? Or could it be that there are (gasp!) black folk who moved from urban to suburban and lived the working "middle" class life?

My God, man! Your bigotry has warped your mind. There are black, brown, tan, yellow people on Long Island who where former city dwellers....has been that way for a LONG time, don't cha know.

You reaffirm my original assessment of your mindset. Carry on.

George Orwell

18. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

Underdog (02-16-2021)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-16-2021)

20. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

no one was offended.
    He's black and totally devoid of any sense of humour.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 02-16-2021 at 12:34 AM.

21. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You need to stop drinking before you get on-line.
    Think, stupid, think! Did the folk in your characterization buy and listen to Richard Pryor? Or could it be that there are (gasp!) black folk who moved from urban to suburban and lived the working "middle" class life?

My God, man! Your bigotry has warped your mind. There are black, brown, tan, yellow people on Long Island who where former city dwellers....has been that way for a LONG time, don't cha know.

You reaffirm my original assessment of your mindset. Carry on.

Let me ask you, you come at me, but why don't you go after the overt and proud actual racists like I do? t give them no quarter, you go snipe hunting at people who are also anti racist.

fuck head. so you are claiming to be black? That's interesting. So I would posit that you sir are the one being racist here. there is nothing I could say to you to change your mind about me because I'm white. Anyway, middle class guy, where I grew up, a minority majority neighborhood, its what we did, I was the minority white guy and went along with it, it was fun.

lol "tai chi" guy.

your protected longisland bougie upbringing maybe you missed out. but it was funny shit that friends would often do. sorry, not sorry you are all triggered over it.
    Last edited by Underdog; 02-16-2021 at 07:25 AM.

22. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    He's black and totally devoid of any sense of humour.

So he claims to be black? being of forums for over almost 20 years, I can count on one hand the number of black people on forums, I need both hands to count the people who have claimed to be black then it turns out, they were not at all.

23. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

So he claims to be black? being of forums for over almost 20 years, I can count on one hand the number of black people on forums, I need both hands to count the people who have claimed to be black then it turns out, they were not at all.
    Ok suit yourself, but he is black!