Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JDAM View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    ".... part of celebrating our differences is mocking it."

Horse Hockey!

If you have to let yourself be demeaned in any fashion in order to "get along" or "belong", then that is not friendship, that is forced tolerance. I live by a simple rule...you don't f**k with me, I don't f**k with you. You can't live with that rule, then we don't hang. The ONLY thing you have to do is give me the SAME social manners of respect that I give you. Then the world works a little better, and we can all appreciate professional comedians who mock the sheer stupidity of racism and bigotry.

omg you poor sensitive little soul you. It all has to do with intent. some of my lifes most hilarious moments was hanging out with friends bantering and mocking each others stereotypes about our race culture and heritageseses . lol.

maybe it wasn't common place for you, perhaps you didn't grow up in diverse area, but that's what we did. it was funny as fuck and no one ever got butthurt and usually had all of on the floor laughing our asses off.
    All you've done is just parrot the SOS. You can repeat it until doomsday, but it'll still be the self serving BS that it is.

What is to laugh is your assumption as to how I grew up. See, I grew up around jokers just like you, and I'll wager I got a few years on you because some things never change. No matter the race or ethnicity...guys like you and your buddies insult each other as a subliminal node to the congenital racism in America. It's your way of accepting such while being "cool" with the give and take...your version of keeping the peace. And of course, the guy who occasional says, "that ain't funny, man" gets the label of "thin skinned behind his back ... or to their face before being expelled (or voluntarially leaving) the group. "go along to get along" only last for so long.

Richard Pryor was a God send in my day, because he put real black humor out in the open, gave America a dose of reality, and essentially got a sizeable criticism from a lot of people who were part of the group he mocked (white folk, women in general) along with his fans and success. He had his come to Jesus moment when he visited he continent of Africa, and realized the true status of the word "n***er", and swore he would never use it again in his routine. the late critic Gene Siskel said to him of this, "you may not be as funny as you use to be", to which Pryor replied "maybe, but I'll be happier". Hope you understand. If not, just keep chuckling and the rest of the world will move on (hopefully) from your mindset.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #302 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sobieski View Post

If what you say is true, then there should be records of this on the DOJ website, or ACLU or Southern Poverty Law Center, of the FBI about abnormal bigotry and prejudice against Americans of Polish ancestry or ethnicity....because given your pathetic 3rd rate racist propaganda on this thread, I just don't take your word for it.

The ACLU & SPLC are far Left.

Of course there's rampant anti Polish bigotry in the USA.

Never heard dumb Poland jokes!?

Imagine dumb Black jokes, they wouldn't be okay.

But, because Poles are White it's okay.
    Yeah, just as I thought...you can't logically or factually back up your initial assertion that America's history of slavery and subsequent dealing with Jim Crow and it's legacy is on par with "anti-Polish" bigotry. All you can do is just parrot your personal opinion, suppostition and conjecture ad nausea.

What's pathetic is how in typical right wingnut/Trump chump fashion you dismiss any information that contradicts your beliefs as "far left" and there fore not worthy of discussion. What a cop out on your part, because if you give me a source I read it and apply critical thinking with referral to current events, recent history and research. In other words, I do more than just shoot my mouth off and just listen to/read stuff that only reaffirms my beliefs.
    Case in point, you apply your BS to the SPLC and ACLU....which is pretty dumb on your part given they both have a history of exposing hate groups and such, But the ACLU will DEFEND any groups 1st Amendment rights (historic cases of defending Neo-nazi's right to public address/marches and such).'

Once again Jan, you fail to explain how you came to the conclusion that the SPLC would NOT expose anti-Polish groups or business practices, given their extensive record of going after ALL types of hate group organization. Nor can you explain your absurd stance on the ACLU given their record.

Sorry, but "Polish jokes" don't equate with yearly exposure of "red-lining" against black folk, or the current reality of decades of black folk periodically being killed by cops while either innocent or guilty of a minor offense. Those are just for starters.

You can add those to the original questions that you have been dodging for 2 weeks now; how does black history month negatively affect your personal life. Carry on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #303 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your sources? Links?
    You need a link to find Emanuel Jackson capitol attacker!?

Just Google it.
    Quit stalling....put up or shut up! Because only a complete lame alt-right/Trumper would try to tell the world that the ONLY person who did violence against the Capitol cops during the Jan. 6th insurrection was black. Prove it, or be exposed for the piss poor David Duke wanna be that you are.

George Orwell

4. #304 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quit stalling....put up or shut up! Because only a complete lame alt-right/Trumper would try to tell the world that the ONLY person who did violence against the Capitol cops during the Jan. 6th insurrection was black. Prove it, or be exposed for the piss poor David Duke wanna be that you are.
    You're a moron.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

5. #305 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

I mean White history month would be racist, no!?

So, why isn't Black history month racist!?
    I'm tired of explaining it to you people, but in the name of truth and decency, I'll attempt to educate you, knowing it will probably fall on deaf ears regardless.

In a society where everyone truly is equal, racial pride would be a nonsensical concept. How can one be "proud" of something as arbitrary as skin color. Right?

Unfortunately, we don't yet live in a totally equal society. Throughout history, black Americans have been persecuted and marginalized for something as arbitrary as their skin color. They've been shamed for it. So racial pride is a simply a response to the racial shaming they've experienced over the centuries.

If that doesn't make sense to you, let me switch the table around. Suppose you, a white man, were born and raised in, say, China. You grew up only knowing Mandarin and only know what it's like to live in China. All your friends and coworkers are Chinese. So is your partner. You love your country, you work and pay taxes, etc.

However, Chinese society still treats you like an inferior. People make you feel less worthy due to your skin color and your heritage. They shame you for something arbitrary, something out of your control.

One response would be lower your head and take it like a pushover. "Yes, my white skin is shameful and I don't even deserve to live here. How dare I exist."

But another response, one taken by marginalized groups, would be, "Yeah, I'm white, but I'm not ashamed of it. I'm proud! I'm no less than you are."

Is it sinking in, yet?

Probably not. You're tempted to respond, "Oh, but we're all equal in America. You're just playing 'identity politics' and you just hate white culture."

To which I would reply, "Go fuck yourself."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

Jerome (02-12-2021)

7. #306 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

All you've done is just parrot the SOS. You can repeat it until doomsday, but it'll still be the self serving BS that it is.

What is to laugh is your assumption as to how I grew up. See, I grew up around jokers just like you, and I'll wager I got a few years on you because some things never change. No matter the race or ethnicity...guys like you and your buddies insult each other as a subliminal node to the congenital racism in America. It's your way of accepting such while being "cool" with the give and take...your version of keeping the peace. And of course, the guy who occasional says, "that ain't funny, man" gets the label of "thin skinned behind his back ... or to their face before being expelled (or voluntarially leaving) the group. "go along to get along" only last for so long.

Richard Pryor was a God send in my day, because he put real black humor out in the open, gave America a dose of reality, and essentially got a sizeable criticism from a lot of people who were part of the group he mocked (white folk, women in general) along with his fans and success. He had his come to Jesus moment when he visited he continent of Africa, and realized the true status of the word "n***er", and swore he would never use it again in his routine. the late critic Gene Siskel said to him of this, "you may not be as funny as you use to be", to which Pryor replied "maybe, but I'll be happier". Hope you understand. If not, just keep chuckling and the rest of the world will move on (hopefully) from your mindset.

Where did you grow up? me, lower east side of new york, and newark nj. 70's and 80's.

pryor engaged in our type of banter.

8. #307 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Yeah, just as I thought...you can't logically or factually back up your initial assertion that America's history of slavery and subsequent dealing with Jim Crow and it's legacy is on par with "anti-Polish" bigotry. All you can do is just parrot your personal opinion, suppostition and conjecture ad nausea.

What's pathetic is how in typical right wingnut/Trump chump fashion you dismiss any information that contradicts your beliefs as "far left" and there fore not worthy of discussion. What a cop out on your part, because if you give me a source I read it and apply critical thinking with referral to current events, recent history and research. In other words, I do more than just shoot my mouth off and just listen to/read stuff that only reaffirms my beliefs.
    Case in point, you apply your BS to the SPLC and ACLU....which is pretty dumb on your part given they both have a history of exposing hate groups and such, But the ACLU will DEFEND any groups 1st Amendment rights (historic cases of defending Neo-nazi's right to public address/marches and such).'

Once again Jan, you fail to explain how you came to the conclusion that the SPLC would NOT expose anti-Polish groups or business practices, given their extensive record of going after ALL types of hate group organization. Nor can you explain your absurd stance on the ACLU given their record.

Sorry, but "Polish jokes" don't equate with yearly exposure of "red-lining" against black folk, or the current reality of decades of black folk periodically being killed by cops while either innocent or guilty of a minor offense. Those are just for starters.

You can add those to the original questions that you have been dodging for 2 weeks now; how does black history month negatively affect your personal life. Carry on.
    Latinos & Jews get a lot of the same special protections in the USA Blacks do.

Latinos hardly have a history of discrimination in the USA.

Jews get it because of their history in Europe.

Well, Poles were mistreated in Europe too.

But, it's okay to bash Poles because of the White color of their skin.

Imagine dumb Black jokes on the media!? I sure can't they would fight against the discrimination but against Poles it's cool.

Redlining as if that's a major issue for Blacks today!?

As for police brutality it happens to Whites too.

9. #308 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emanuel...ere-for-trump/

10. #309 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TexanManWithPlans View Post
    I'm tired of explaining it to you people, but in the name of truth and decency, I'll attempt to educate you, knowing it will probably fall on deaf ears regardless.

In a society where everyone truly is equal, racial pride would be a nonsensical concept. How can one be "proud" of something as arbitrary as skin color. Right?

Unfortunately, we don't yet live in a totally equal society. Throughout history, black Americans have been persecuted and marginalized for something as arbitrary as their skin color. They've been shamed for it. So racial pride is a simply a response to the racial shaming they've experienced over the centuries.

If that doesn't make sense to you, let me switch the table around. Suppose you, a white man, were born and raised in, say, China. You grew up only knowing Mandarin and only know what it's like to live in China. All your friends and coworkers are Chinese. So is your partner. You love your country, you work and pay taxes, etc.

However, Chinese society still treats you like an inferior. People make you feel less worthy due to your skin color and your heritage. They shame you for something arbitrary, something out of your control.

One response would be lower your head and take it like a pushover. "Yes, my white skin is shameful and I don't even deserve to live here. How dare I exist."

But another response, one taken by marginalized groups, would be, "Yeah, I'm white, but I'm not ashamed of it. I'm proud! I'm no less than you are."

Is it sinking in, yet?

Probably not. You're tempted to respond, "Oh, but we're all equal in America. You're just playing 'identity politics' and you just hate white culture."

Dark skinned East Indian Hindus seem to be doing fine, they're the top earners in the USA.

11. #310 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dark skinned East Indian Hindus seem to be doing fine, they're the top earners in the USA.
    So, as predicted, my post few over deaf ears.

12. #311 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, as predicted, my post few over deaf ears.
    Well, you say it's just skin color, yet Hindu Americans are doing great.

13. #312 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, you say it's just skin color, yet Hindu Americans are doing great.
    Nobody is denying that "Hindus are doing great."

14. #313 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is it sinking in, yet?

When has the USA treated my Polish heritage with respect & equality!?

I exactly understand, my Polish heritage is dehumanized here, and we get no perks Blacks do, either.

15. #314 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When has the USA treated my Polish heritage with respect & equality!?

I exactly understand, my Polish heritage is dehumanized here, and we get no perks Blacks do, either.
    Black people can't hide their blackness. You can hide your Polishness. Heck, I'm Italian American. My ancestors were actually hanged in America. The largest public lynching in US history was committed against Italian Americans. But that doesn't mean much compared to what blacks have historically suffered and how they continue to face marginalization today.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

Jerome (02-12-2021)

17. #315 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Black people can't hide their blackness. You can hide your Polishness. Heck, I'm Italian American. My ancestors were actually hanged in America. The largest public lynching in US history was committed against Italian Americans. But that doesn't mean much compared to what blacks have historically suffered and how they continue to face marginalization today.
    I recommend blocking him. He's a certifiable troll, and has no interest in either learning anything, or engaging in a good-faith exchange of ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis