Thread: American Politics In A State Of Flux: Where Will It Go???

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default American Politics In A State Of Flux: Where Will It Go???

"There are two big arguments dominating American politics right now. Democrats are currently in disarray trying to figure out the future. The questions they have are about how bold they should be in using their new powers: More stimulus? Use reconciliation? Kill the filibuster? Abandon outreach to Republicans?

Republicans are mired in a debate about the past: what to do about DONALD TRUMP. The all-consuming conversation about this single political actor is eclipsing everything else on the right: policy debates, political strategy, the advancement of fresh faces.

The spate of threatened primary challenges ripping the party apart are uniformly about loyalty to Trump. The state-level intra-party spats that have made headlines in Arizona, Kentucky and Oregon are not about raising up the best political strategists to steer the local parties forward; they are about condemning Republicans who have criticized Trump. The GOP’s potential 2024 aspirants are frozen in place, still being asked to respond to every scrap of Trump news and stuck in an endless cycle of political calculation about whether it’s safe to unyoke themselves from him."

POLITICO Playbook: McConnell retreats as Trump dominates the GOP civil war
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Democrats need to figure out how to proceed with their tenuous advantage.

Republicans need to figure out just what they actually stand for.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Democrats need to figure out how to proceed with their tenuous advantage.

Republicans need to figure out just what they actually stand for.
    Dems run the House, Senate, White House. Nothing tenuous about it.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

"There are two big arguments dominating American politics right now. Democrats are currently in disarray trying to figure out the future. The questions they have are about how bold they should be in using their new powers: More stimulus? Use reconciliation? Kill the filibuster? Abandon outreach to Republicans?

Republicans are mired in a debate about the past: what to do about DONALD TRUMP. The all-consuming conversation about this single political actor is eclipsing everything else on the right: policy debates, political strategy, the advancement of fresh faces.

The spate of threatened primary challenges ripping the party apart are uniformly about loyalty to Trump. The state-level intra-party spats that have made headlines in Arizona, Kentucky and Oregon are not about raising up the best political strategists to steer the local parties forward; they are about condemning Republicans who have criticized Trump. The GOP’s potential 2024 aspirants are frozen in place, still being asked to respond to every scrap of Trump news and stuck in an endless cycle of political calculation about whether it’s safe to unyoke themselves from him."

Straight to hell!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My, but we do live in interesting times.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

CASPER (01-27-2021)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All presidents up until now have followed an unwritten code of ethics, observing that we only have one president at a time.

When their term of service is concluded, they refrain from making public statements.

They also respect the government institutions of our great country, and all the efforts which are undertaken to ensure a secure election.

Trump has broken that code of conduct, and it has torn this nation apart.

As if the fire of his chronic lies was not bad enough, this denial of the election outcome has thrown gasoline on that.

This demonstrates that 1) he cannot accept reality, and 2) that he does not care what happens to the United States of America.

What a sore loser.

I hope he faces criminal prosecution and gets locked up.