Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I Have Not Eaten Out Since March 2020. We Need The Proposed $1400 Payments.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    We go out each time the local areas drop below "red" and are allowed folks in their restaurants. Otherwise we occasionally do pickup but it is a far drive and food gets cold by the time we get home, it isn't pleasant.

use a cooler, cooler can keep food hot for hours. I make bbq and often will "rest" whatever hunk of meat I cooked in a cooler, 8 hrs later its still too hot to touch.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-27-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    lol I thought it was trumps fault. I love this come to jesus moment!

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Just because you made poor economic decisions, I shouldn't have to pay for it. I don't need another whopping big check from the government to get by. The last one went straight into an investment account. If Biden sends another $1400 or whatever to me it too will go straight into an investment account. Hell, I have $1500 in cash sitting in my job folder from side work I haven't decided on how to use.

And, yea, I go out almost everyday to people's homes and businesses to fix their electrical problems right now, and have been since last March, and I NEVER wear a fucking mask! I was at a duplex yesterday putting in a light in the pantry. My kid was there helping me. We were there for four hours, no masks, the renter--no mask-- and she now has a pantry light. I also fixed some illegal wiring in the bathroom because I came across it running the new circuit.
    Got two calls to go on today. Both are minor, bad receptacle or something. No mask.

Haven't got Chinese Disease. If I do, I'll deal with it. If I don't, I wasn't inconvenienced by following idiot, useless, government mandates. Oh, I'll add that I'm seeing more professionals at the home improvement stores at the pro desk refusing to wear a mask too. I take it everyone is getting tired of doing something they see as worthless.
    If everyone treated the pandemic in this way, it would be far worse, and more people would be dead. The virus is transmitted in an airborne form. Humans should endeavor to avoid sharing air or touching objects recently touched by other humans. Fortunately, most people understand the problem and are taking more appropriate measures.

Arizona has the 9th largest number of total cases in the United States. 12,643 people have died from COVID-19 in Arizona. The disease depends on close human contact to spread.

Deaths in Arizona, like much of the nation, have recently increased:

Screenshot_2021-01-27 Arizona Coronavirus 738,561 Cases and 12,643 Deaths (COVID-19 ) - Worldome.jpg

(click to enlarge)

source
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ShitTalker View Post
    Our country has stellar credit which is ideal for use in an emergency. This is that emergency. It will run the debt up, but that can be easily addressed over a period of many years by raising taxes on the richest Americans.
    Patriotic Americans should support this. Most of the wealth of the country is held by a small number of individuals. It is time to tap into that for the good of the country which allowed them to become so wealthy. It's a two way street.
    Nothing has ever prevented you (or the mega-wealthy DEMOCRATS infesting Congress) from "helping the poor", yet I've not seen any evidence that they do so.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ShitTalker View Post
    So does that mean you have been tested negative or that you have no symptoms...
    Didn't you hear?

Now that a DEMOCRAT infests the Oval office, the WHO suddenly "discovered" that the PCR tests have been misused, (something doctors and scientists have been saying all along).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/h...s-testing.html

Now the number of positive tests is going to go way down - just in time for the usurper to take the credit for "beating COVID".

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

So does that mean you have been tested negative or that you have no symptoms...
    The one time I had a cold I got tested... just in case. It was negative. That was in December.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-27-2021)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

If everyone treated the pandemic in this way, it would be far worse, and more people would be dead. The virus is transmitted in an airborne form. Humans should endeavor to avoid sharing air or touching objects recently touched by other humans. Fortunately, most people understand the problem and are taking more appropriate measures.

Arizona has the 9th largest number of total cases in the United States. 12,643 people have died from COVID-19 in Arizona. The disease depends on close human contact to spread.

Deaths in Arizona, like much of the nation, have recently increased:

Screenshot_2021-01-27 Arizona Coronavirus 738,561 Cases and 12,643 Deaths (COVID-19 ) - Worldome.jpg

(click to enlarge)

source
    That's proof of a negative. We have no way of knowing if that's true or not. The so-called "experts" haven't been very correct on their calls. Aside from that the economic and social damage done by what has been done is immense. We know that, even if the MSM ignores or downplays it.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just because you made poor economic decisions, I shouldn't have to pay for it. I don't need another whopping big check from the government to get by. The last one went straight into an investment account. If Biden sends another $1400 or whatever to me it too will go straight into an investment account. Hell, I have $1500 in cash sitting in my job folder from side work I haven't decided on how to use.

And, yea, I go out almost everyday to people's homes and businesses to fix their electrical problems right now, and have been since last March, and I NEVER wear a fucking mask! I was at a duplex yesterday putting in a light in the pantry. My kid was there helping me. We were there for four hours, no masks, the renter--no mask-- and she now has a pantry light. I also fixed some illegal wiring in the bathroom because I came across it running the new circuit.
    Got two calls to go on today. Both are minor, bad receptacle or something. No mask.

Haven't got Chinese Disease. If I do, I'll deal with it. If I don't, I wasn't inconvenienced by following idiot, useless, government mandates. Oh, I'll add that I'm seeing more professionals at the home improvement stores at the pro desk refusing to wear a mask too. I take it everyone is getting tired of doing something they see as worthless.
    Guess that business must not be doing very well, eh? If you showed up at my house without a mask, I would send you packing, you selfish prick.

LOL at you.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

The one time I had a cold I got tested... just in case. It was negative. That was in December.
    Very glad to hear that!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I haven’t been to my favorite pub, or any pub, since March 13th, 2020, haven’t enjoyed a poured Guinness, proper Half and Half, argued sports, heard the latest, or enjoyed pointless conversations with friendly strangers.

we never stopped.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

So "no contact delivery" really is not helping you right? the food is in that persons possession for a long time, leaving it at your door really doesn't help you. you know that right?
    Well, experts say that microwaving the food for about 15 seconds should kill the virus if it's present.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

we never stopped.
    Oh. I guess acting like an idiot makes you a macho man.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Oh. I guess acting like an idiot makes you a macho man.

Nah I had it early, still have anti-bodies, I chose not to live in fear and not let our government kill small businesses for the sake of big box chains.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Well, experts say that microwaving the food for about 15 seconds should kill the virus if it's present.

Broscience.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

That's proof of a negative. We have no way of knowing if that's true or not. The so-called "experts" haven't been very correct on their calls. Aside from that the economic and social damage done by what has been done is immense. We know that, even if the MSM ignores or downplays it.
    The economic and social damage done by fighting WWII was immense. Restrictions were imposed on the American people that drastically affected their lives. Many food items became unavailable as the nation strove to feed troops overseas. Front yards became 'Victory Gardens.' Gasoline and tires were in limited supply. Ration tickets were issued which were needed to make those purchases. Pennies were minted in steel to save copper for wiring of planes and radio equipment. The prices of some things skyrocketed. Some people resisted the measures and cheated on the rules. They were punished.

This is a different kind of war. The front is everywhere. We are all in the fight. It takes all of us.

This is a war between humans and a bug.

It is only understandable that some people will disagree on what to do about it. The fact is this bug attacks humans and kills them, but it is insidious because, though it may spread rapidly from human to human, it does not cause symptoms in most of those infected. This allows it to spread further and find victims who will succumb to it.

If all humans did as much as possible to cut personal contact, the pandemic would not be able to spread. But it is not possible to completely cut off personal contact, so it must be limited as much as possible.

Naturally, we all understand this is a huge impact into people's personal lives. It falls upon each of us to decide how to react to the situation. Will people think more of their nation or themselves...

Some will go maximum. Do everything to limit contact.

Others will refuse to change their habits.

Some who go maximum will still get infected and die from one little slip-up.

Others who refuse to do anything will luck out and not be affected at all.

And we will see everything in between.