Members banned from this thread: PostmodernProphet, Yakuda and Son of the Revolution

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goya CEO censured

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Did they sustain it? A temporary boost is not the same as sustained sales. I doubt very much that they did because they took this action against their CEO. He obviously hurt sales and they censured him to keep him from doing further damage.

well feel free to provide evidence as I did for you that they were losing sales.

From what I have read thier sales have boosted and a whole new class of customer was created, bubba in other words out in nebraska suddenly discovered their products are good.

but I will read your evidence when you post it.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    But, your nonsense does continues unabated.

shut the fuck up loser.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    Of course they do, I question thier judgment, timing, and motive however. Goya's profits soared after the left tried to cancel them, so this censure seems odd.
    Unanue claimed sales had spiked by "1000%", but that is not possible. It is impossible to suddenly produce 10 times more food products. When Unanue was confronted by the impossibility of his claims, he admitted it was a "joke." What has really happened to sales?

We do not know. It is a privately held company, so it is not releasing sales/profit data. That being said, the people who are seeing the data have just voted to censure Unanue, which makes me think it is not fantastic.

Goya's sales could be going up, due to people looking for cheap, storable food in times of trouble. Goya's sales could be going down, due to people substituting cheaper bean sellers in times of trouble. What I do not see is Unanue helping sales with his statements. Though honestly, he probably did not hurt sales as much, either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-27-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most of your activist media buried this fact.
    A joke is not a "fact." Unanue made a joke that AOC was "employee of the month" at Goya, and that sales had risen by "1,000%." AOC is not really an employee of Goya, and it is impossible for sales to jump by 10 times.

The people who really do know the numbers just voted to censure Unanue, so they probably are not fantastic.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Unanue claimed sales had spiked by "1000%", but that is not possible. It is impossible to suddenly produce 10 times more food products. When Unanue was confronted by the impossibility of his claims, he admitted it was a "joke." What has really happened to sales?

We do not know. It is a privately held company, so it is not releasing sales/profit data. That being said, the people who are seeing the data have just voted to censure Unanue, which makes me think it is not fantastic.

Goya's sales could be going up, due to people looking for cheap, storable food in times of trouble. Goya's sales could be going down, due to people substituting cheaper bean sellers in times of trouble. What I do not see is Unanue helping sales with his statements. Though honestly, he probably did not hurt sales as much, either.

lol seems speculative to fit a narrative. if he was outright lying wouldn't this seemingly hostile board have outed him?

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

You don’t think a board has the right to discipline their employees who endangered their business by his public comments?
    BOOMING THEIR SALES =/= "ENDANGERING THEIR BUSINESS."

MAKEUP SOME MORE LIES.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

well feel free to provide evidence as I did for you that they were losing sales.
    From what I have read thier sales have boosted and a whole new class of customer was created, bubba in other words out in nebraska suddenly discovered their products are good.
    but I will read your evidence when you post it.
    How exactly would a company build 10 times as many processing plants overnight? How exactly would they increase the amount of farmers growing beans 10 times overnight?

Unanue needs to be more careful about his jokes. He is a CEO, and lying about sales is a FELONY. I understand it was "just a joke", and not a real statement on sales... But some fools are taking it as a real statement. That alone should earn him a censure, if not a firing. It really is borderline a crime.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

The board of directors behind Goya, the Latino food company, has voted to censure its CEO, Robert Unanue, due to his public comments backing former President Trump and his election fraud claims, news outlets reported this week.
    Goya's board voted last Friday to censure Unanue, meaning the CEO will not be permitted to speak to media outlets without the board's approval, sources told CNN and The New York Post.
    The decision will operate as a "full stop" on Unanue talking to news outlets, a person familiar with the board's actions told CNN. The New York Post first reported the censure on Monday.
    Unanue's censuring followed his comments on Fox Business on Inauguration Day that there was a "war coming" and President Biden's election was "unverified."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/536042-goya-board-votes-to-censure-ceo-after-election-fraud%3famp
    STUPIDFUCKS. LEFTISTS ALWAYS ARE..

Spill the beans

Here’s why Goya’s CEO moved to Houston and how his support for the president boosted sales

To say 2020 has been a rollercoaster ride for Goya CEO Robert Unanue would be a bit of an understatement.

Since Covid-19 infected the nation, Unanue has contracted the virus and recovered from it. In July, he faced national criticism when he said that the United States was “truly blessed” to have a leader like President Donald Trump while Unanue was at the White House for the signing of a new executive order for Hispanic Americans.

The comment created a firestorm on social media like Twitter, with many people saying they would boycott Goya after Trump’s sometimes controversial stances against issues such as immigration and undocumented workers.

Despite the dramatic year, Unanue was unfazed and Goya saw growth — so much so that the company is expanding its
    Houston facility.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...es-growth.html
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

The board of directors behind Goya, the Latino food company, has voted to censure its CEO, Robert Unanue, due to his public comments backing former President Trump and his election fraud claims, news outlets reported this week.
    Goya's board voted last Friday to censure Unanue, meaning the CEO will not be permitted to speak to media outlets without the board's approval, sources told CNN and The New York Post.
    The decision will operate as a "full stop" on Unanue talking to news outlets, a person familiar with the board's actions told CNN. The New York Post first reported the censure on Monday.
    Unanue's censuring followed his comments on Fox Business on Inauguration Day that there was a "war coming" and President Biden's election was "unverified."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/536042-goya-board-votes-to-censure-ceo-after-election-fraud%3famp
    Corrupt boardmembers take advantage. Sad.

Goya WILL be losing sales now.
    Remember The Sports Authority? LOL!

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,406 Times in 53,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Did they sustain it? A temporary boost is not the same as sustained sales. I doubt very much that they did because they took this action against their CEO. He obviously hurt sales and they censured him to keep him from doing further damage.
    Exactly. If what he has been saying wasn't damaging their bottom line, they wouldn't give a crap.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-27-2021)

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How exactly would a company build 10 times as many processing plants overnight? How exactly would they increase the amount of farmers growing beans 10 times overnight?

Unanue needs to be more careful about his jokes. He is a CEO, and lying about sales is a FELONY. I understand it was "just a joke", and not a real statement on sales... But some fools are taking it as a real statement. That alone should earn him a censure, if not a firing. It really is borderline a crime.

how big is his warehouse? I don't know his logistics and you are speculating on it.

goya has an actual increase in sales my link proved that, whether its 1% or 1000% is irrellevant.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol seems speculative to fit a narrative. if he was outright lying wouldn't this seemingly hostile board have outed him?
    Unanue is the CEO of a privately family held company. That would make the board the least hostile possible. This is his family, and his family supported him in being CEO. Beyond that, he is a major part of the stockholders, and so elected a major part of the board.

Unanue's family has told him he went to far, and they said it in one of the kindest ways possible.

It is not speculation to say sales going up by 10 times is not possible. That is just reality. It would not be possible. I cannot even speculate on how sales really did move, but I doubt they had much to do with his statements. I will speculate his statements have not moved sales much in either direction.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Unanue is the CEO of a privately family held company. That would make the board the least hostile possible. This is his family, and his family supported him in being CEO. Beyond that, he is a major part of the stockholders, and so elected a major part of the board.

Unanue's family has told him he went to far, and they said it in one of the kindest ways possible.

It is not speculation to say sales going up by 10 times is not possible. That is just reality. It would not be possible. I cannot even speculate on how sales really did move, but I doubt they had much to do with his statements. I will speculate his statements have not moved sales much in either direction.

the board is not all his family from what I read.

the board wanted to remove him infact but the family overuled it.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

how big is his warehouse? I don't know his logistics and you are speculating on it. goya has an actual increase in sales my link proved that, whether its 1% or 1000% is irrellevant.
    It is more than just a warehouse. Goya would need to by buying 10 times the amount of food they needed, have built 10 times the amount of warehouses, processing plants, etc. Basically, in your theory, they spent 10 times as much as they had to.

Let's say they have 5% profit, so for every dollar in sales, they spent 95 cents to get it. You multiple that by 10 times, and you have them spending $9.95 to get a $1 of sales. They would have gone broke decades ago if they were doing that.

Want to know what is not a joke? Goya is selling bonds. That means investors are being asked to judge their credit worthiness. Unanue's "joke" is being used by some of those investors, which starts to look like felony fraud.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-27-2021)

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is more than just a warehouse. Goya would need to by buying 10 times the amount of food they needed, have built 10 times the amount of warehouses, processing plants, etc. Basically, in your theory, they spent 10 times as much as they had to.

Let's say they have 5% profit, so for every dollar in sales, they spent 95 cents to get it. You multiple that by 10 times, and you have them spending $9.95 to get a $1 of sales. They would have gone broke decades ago if they were doing that.

Want to know what is not a joke? Goya is selling bonds. That means investors are being asked to judge their credit worthiness. Unanue's "joke" is being used by some of those investors, which starts to look like felony fraud.

I don't think their sales went up 1000%

but I do believe their sales spiked.

thats my position.