Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's horror show isn't nearly over: The coup wasn't defeated, only slowed down

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    This entire thread is nothing more than whining.

The only ones still bringing up Trump are you losers on the left who can't let it go.

I am more than ready to focus on Biden but none of you want to discuss him because of your Trump frenzy.

His impeachment is going to be dismissed making you folks look even worse so the future doesn't seem good for democrats.
    One doesn't have to look very hard to find threads on Biden.

The reason America can't let go of Trump right away is because he lied about the election results and his most ardent followers believe him.

Trumpism will fade in time.

Most Republicans do not currently admit that Biden won, but that puts them at odds with the facts on the ground, a tenuous position.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    One doesn't have to look very hard to find threads on Biden.

The reason America can't let go of Trump right away is because he lied about the election results and his most ardent followers believe him.

Trumpism will fade in time.

Most Republicans do not currently admit that Biden won, but that puts them at odds with the facts on the ground, a tenuous position.
    Does it matter what anyone believes?

Who cares what Trump does or doesn't think.

Why are you so paranoid that everyone has to think like you do?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Tinker is now attacking Washington and Jefferson.

I will not defend Washington and Jefferson owning slaves, but I will say that it was the norm of the time and place where they lived. I grade people on a sliding curve of their time and place. Both Washington and Jefferson showed guilt of their slave holding, which made them better than many of their neighbors. It still is very troubling.

trump is noticeably worse than those in his time and place.
    So because something is the norm you think it's acceptable to keep humans in chains huh?

It's normal to toss gays off roofs in Iran so I suppose that since it's "that time" you don't have an issue with it.

Thankfully enough of us didn't think like you and we ended slavery and you are damned right I am attacking presidents for owning other humans, what's sad is you are not.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    No, it does not. It makes it look like at least one party respects the law and will do the right thing. The reds have a chance to do the right thing, but their fear of Trump is stronger than the law and principles. This is making the Repugs show their dark and dirty colors. Those idiots would have been killed if the rioters caught them.
    Nope it looks like the left are now making impeachment no big deal.

Don't like something a president says then just impeach him.

Your belief that all republicans are conspiracing against you just makes you folks look even more retarded.

Hey maybe Russia is black mailing all of them so they don't find Trump guilty?

I think Maddow would run with that don't you?

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

So because something is the norm you think it's acceptable to keep humans in chains huh?
    Tinker makes some strong arguments against Washington and Jefferson.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Tinker,

Yeah, I think this view is a little too deep into the we/they theory. There's good and bad on both sides, smart and dumb on both sides.
    If there is good on the left they certainly are keeping quiet, probably out of fear of what the left would do to them if they don't follow the talking points.

Can you show me a single person on the left that didn't think Trump was bad lol?

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    You mean for democracy- and I concur.
    Your little witch hunts are not democracy. The very fact that you won't accept the Senate's vote shows that you don't give a fuck about democracy.

Hypocrite.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Have you ever wondered how it is a jury can comes to conclusion before the trial has even begone?

Actually it shows that the Republicans put their political careers above the Republic and support those that attempted to destroy the foundations this Nation was built upon. It is good enough to put them on record, then the People can decide.
    Now you are just making shit up.

The fact of the matter is that all of their evidence was already known, they didn't bring in anything new to the trial so of course it was already known what the outcome would be.

It's the exact same thing now.

And why in the hell do you think an impeachment trial is in any way similar to a criminal trial?

It isn't.

I would tell you to go back to school but it's probably the same liberal fucktards that educated you in the first place.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinker For This Post:

Sailor (01-27-2021)

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now you are just making shit up.

The fact of the matter is that all of their evidence was already known, they didn't bring in anything new to the trial so of course it was already known what the outcome would be.

It's the exact same thing now.

And why in the hell do you think an impeachment trial is in any way similar to a criminal trial?

It isn't.

I would tell you to go back to school but it's probably the same liberal fucktards that educated you in the first place.
    Please point out where I said an Impeachment trial was the same as a criminal trial, I'll wait for ya, Skippy.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Tinker,

Does it matter what anyone believes?

Who cares what Trump does or doesn't think.

Why are you so paranoid that everyone has to think like you do?
    Don't try to make this about me. That is not going to end well.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Please point out where I said an Impeachment trial was the same as a criminal trial, I'll wait for ya, Skippy.
    Well if you knew that you wouldn't have asked that dumb fucking question of when does a jury predetermine outcomes.

They do for a fucking impeachment trial you blithering idiot.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Tinker,

If there is good on the left they certainly are keeping quiet, probably out of fear of what the left would do to them if they don't follow the talking points.

Can you show me a single person on the left that didn't think Trump was bad lol?
    First of all, it is not accurate to use an individual's approval or disapproval of Trump as a measure of being good or being bad.

Secondly: A majority of the United States has disapproved of Trump from before he was elected, and completely through his entire single term, and to this day. He has never even got half the nation to like him. He was nudged over the edge to take the EC by a very vocal extremist minority, even as he lost the popular vote. He lost the popular vote in every election he ever entered.

I repeat: There is good and bad on both the left and on the right.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Tinker,

First of all, it is not accurate to use an individual's approval or disapproval of Trump as a measure of being good or being bad.

Secondly: A majority of the United States has disapproved of Trump from before he was elected, and completely through his entire single term, and to this day. He has never even got half the nation to like him. He was nudged over the edge to take the EC by a very vocal extremist minority, even as he lost the popular vote. He lost the popular vote in every election he ever entered.

I repeat: There is good and bad on both the left and on the right.
    He was never running to win the popular vote because.........it doesn't fucking matter to anything.

Why you fools cannot get that simple concept astounds me.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well if you knew that you wouldn't have asked that dumb fucking question of when does a jury predetermine outcomes.

They do for a fucking impeachment trial you blithering idiot.
    Good God you are just rambling now, didn't your momma tell you that at some point it is just best to STFU?

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Monsters are real. One does not defeat them by hiding.

They are not defeated by denying that they exist. Throwing them down the memory hole offers little if any safety. To vanquish the monsters of this world requires hard work and eternal vigilance.

Donald Trump proved himself to be one of the worst presidents in American history — if not the very worst. His "movement" was and remains a force of prodigious civic evil. To call Trump's political cult "deplorable" is, quite honestly, to elevate it above its real standing.

Last week, Joe Biden finally became president of the United States and the Democrats, at least on paper, maintain a tenuous hold on both houses of Congress.

But despite the historical verdict of the 81 million Americans who voted for Biden and the Democrats, Trump is likely to remain a fixture in American life and politics for years to come.

Trump's followers do not understand that they were beaten in the November election, and quite likely will never accept that. The Republican Party and its voters remain in thrall to Donald Trump. Ultimately, a force that does not know it has been defeated will not stop fighting.

Writing at the Guardian, Jonathan Freedland previews the next chapter in the Age of Trump:

If this were a horror flick — and, Lord knows, these past four years have felt like one — we know what would come next. We'd be at that stage of the movie where the monster has apparently been slain, when the hero stands amid the rubble and the ruin consoling those who have survived, calm seemingly restored — only for the audience to gasp as the demon stirs back to life, rising from the dead to inflict one last blow.Joe Biden is certainly well cast as the steadying presence come to clean up the mess. But the fear persists that the villain who created it will return. Donald Trump threatened as much in his last public statement as president, uttering the chilling words: "We will be back in some form."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...u5g?li=BBnbfcL

he'll run again in 2024

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-27-2021)