Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOP senators vote against impeachment trial for Trump, signaling likely acquittal

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,634 Times in 10,060 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Default GOP senators vote against impeachment trial for Trump, signaling likely acquittal

All but five Republican senators backed former president Donald Trump Tuesday in a key test vote Tuesday ahead of his forthcoming impeachment trial, signaling that the proceedings are likely to end with Trump’s acquittal on the charge that he incited the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Celticguy (01-26-2021), Stretch (01-26-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

If the Republicans want Donald Trump to destroy their party, I'm totally OK with that.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

The Republican Senators already revealed their contempt for justice and decency the first time.
    They're all too toxic to use as landfill, but nonetheless useless for anything else.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Hoosier Daddy (01-26-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

When Trump gave his infamous speech on how he could shoot someone in broad daylight in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose any voted he wasn't strictly talking about his lemmings

7. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Hoosier Daddy (01-26-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The Republican Senators already revealed their contempt for justice and decency the first time.
    They're all too toxic to use as landfill, but nonetheless useless for anything else.
    They are Trump lackeys, and are hastening the destruction of that party.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    All but five Republican senators backed former president Donald Trump Tuesday in a key test vote Tuesday ahead of his forthcoming impeachment trial, signaling that the proceedings are likely to end with Trump’s acquittal on the charge that he incited the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Not just impeachment, also from holding him out of future office. Looks like there are at least some Senators who are there to actually do the work of the people and not political pandering.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Not just impeachment, also from holding him out of future office. Looks like there are at least some Senators who are there to actually do the work of the people and not political pandering.
    If the GOP wants to hang an albatross on its own neck, I'm not going to stop them from that.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

LV is on ignore. It knows that. Apparently answering me just to keep its limp wrists a flutter.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 Times in 3,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

It may not be as comfortable to vote for acquittal once the graphic evidence has been laid before the nation.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    If the GOP wants to hang an albatross on its own neck, I'm not going to stop them from that.
    Good point, we ought to see Cruz, Hawley, Paul, and surely some additional wannabes, at their best in coming weeks, all competing to be Trump's number one ass kisser going into 2024.

The funniest part is that one would think they learn, Trump don't give a rat's ass about lemmings loyalty, it is all about what have you done for him lately, and 2024 is a long way off, you'd think they'd learn from Billy Barr and others

14. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LV426 (01-26-2021)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    The funniest part is that one would think they learn, Trump don't give a rat's ass about lemmings loyalty, it is all about what have you done for him lately, and 2024 is a long way off, you'd think they'd learn from Billy Barr and others
    Unfortunately, learning requires a brain. Trumpanzees only have a fava bean-sized knob on the top of their spinal cords.

Ted Cruz has an excellent education and is actually quite intelligent.
    Intelligence, Wisdom, and Sanity are three altogether different things, however, and .333 is only good in baseball.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

It's a case of over-reach again. Pelosi blew it. They're terrified. Jao is hiding again somewhere mumbling to himself. Jao's handlers trot him out with
    stacks of stuff to sign that he can't even coherently explain just exactly what it is that he is signing. Saki is clueless unless asked about Jao's favorite ice cream flavor.
    He's not the prez. The real prez is at the Southern White House waiting until the military is finished with being in charge...clearly Chm. Jao is NOT.
    D.C. Capitol area still looks like N. Korea. The left loves walls nowadays...with razor wire
    no less. Maybe they should move all that fencing down to the border.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    you are right. and almost every one of them is a democrat. you finally got something right, sailor boy!! kudos!! if i were you i would print out this page, underline what you wrote in yellow, and tape it to the fridge for your mom to see when she gets home!!

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    It's a case of over-reach again. Pelosi blew it. They're terrified. Jao is hiding again somewhere mumbling to himself. Jao's handlers trot him out with
    stacks of stuff to sign that he can't even coherently explain just exactly what it is that he is signing. Saki is clueless unless asked about Jao's favorite ice cream flavor.
    He's not the prez. The real prez is at the Southern White House waiting until the military is finished with being in charge...clearly Chm. Jao is NOT.
    D.C. Capitol area still looks like N. Korea. The left loves walls nowadays...with razor wire
    what kind of horse tranquilizers are you pounding into bits, soaking in a saline solution, then mainlining into your arm, bitch? that was the craziest piece of shit rant since trump got booted off Twitter.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I didn't know Rush, Sean, Laura, Adam, Glenn, Tucker and the rest were shoveling such shit these days, must be the election has made them all desperate