Thread: Schiff, Brennan, Big Tech as more 'dangerous' than Capitol rioters -Tulsi Gabbard

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default Schiff, Brennan, Big Tech as more 'dangerous' than Capitol rioters -Tulsi Gabbard

In a video and thread posted to Twitter Tuesday morning, the former Democratic presidential candidate denounced the violent protesters, but warned that efforts to combat insurgency through surveillance and other monitoring activities posed a greater threat to the country.

"The mob who stormed the Capitol on January 6 to try to stop Congress from carrying out its constitutional responsibilities were behaving like domestic enemies of our country," Gabbard said

But let’s be clear, the John Brennans, Adam Schiffs and the oligarchs in Big Tech who are trying to undermine our constitutionally protected rights and turn our country into a police state with KGB-style surveillance are also domestic enemies — and much more powerful, and therefore dangerous, than the mob that stormed the Capitol."

Gabbard then showed a clip of Brennan telling MSNBC that Biden’s nominees and appointees "are now moving in laser-like fashion to try to uncover as much as they can" regarding activities that he said were reminiscent of "insurgency movements" that have risen up in other countries.

Schiff, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, introduced a bill in 2019 that would create a new statute for a federal offense of domestic terrorism. The bill did recognize the potential for abuse, calling for a report on civil liberty issues that arise from the new statute to be made public within four years of the bill's passage and enactment.

Another 2019 bill, sponsored by Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., calls for establishing offices in the Justice Department, FBI and Department of Homeland Security that would "analyze and monitor domestic terrorist activity."

Since the Jan. 6 riot, lawmakers in Washington have once again been considering a domestic terrorism bill, leading civil rights groups to push back, claiming that federal authorities already have the tools they need to stop criminals without giving them additional powers.

At the same time, social media companies like Twitter and Facebook have been blocking accounts that they say have posted inflammatory comments, including those of former President Donald Trump.

Gabbard called upon Biden and lawmakers from both parties not to allow measures that would infringe upon Americans' rights in the name of law enforcement.

"President Biden, I call upon you & all of Congress from both parties to denounce efforts by Brennan & others to take away our civil liberties endowed to us by our Creator & guaranteed in our Constitution. If you don't stand up to them now, then our country will be in great peril,"
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tul...apitol-rioters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

coldjoint (01-26-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I used to laugh at police states with domestic surveillance services and banning speech.
    Now i see how ez a corrupt political, process lets it exist - in fact welcomes it

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Gabbard is worrisome. She has spoken wildly and it is difficult to determine what her principles are. When she speaks, I don't jump to her and defend or castigate her. She is at about comedy relief levels now.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Gabbard is worrisome. She has spoken wildly and it is difficult to determine what her principles are. When she speaks, I don't jump to her and defend or castigate her. She is at about comedy relief levels now.
    wildly? pushing back on a police state? big tech censorship? that's courageous of her

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

FOX is for dumb people.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

I agree, silencing people is a danger.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

anatta (01-26-2021)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    you should ask Schiff to have her killed......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

coldjoint (01-26-2021)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    I used to laugh at police states with domestic surveillance services and banning speech.
    Now i see how ez a corrupt political, process lets it exist - in fact welcomes it
    How does addressing the potential for domestic terrorism turn into all these supposed “freedom” and Constitutional issues?

Are you say the likes of Timothy McVeigh, the militia that wanted to kidnap the Michigan Governor, Dylann Roof, those that wearing military garb and carrying pepper spray who invaded the Capital, and scores of others should get a free pass cause they aren’t foreigners?

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    How does addressing the potential for domestic terrorism turn into all these supposed “freedom” and Constitutional issues?

Are you say the likes of Timothy McVeigh, the militia that wanted to kidnap the Michigan Governor, Dylann Roof, those that wearing military garb and carrying pepper spray who invaded the Capital, and scores of others should get a free pass cause they aren’t foreigners?
    domestic surveillance using the CIA/NSA for example is prohibited
    No they dont get a free pass, they get what they get now, and FBI investigation and arrest

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    She's a Russian asset.
    as is Jill Stein, and Trump according to Hillary -all 3

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans