Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump RIGHT NOW: he cannot look away!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I would encourage the GOP to primary Rubio. Then someone on the Dem side can obliterate Daddy's Little Girl.
    Not in Florida fucknut

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I never understood these fat, middle aged American men who go out of their way to get Eastern European mail order brides, but do not have the slightest interest in learning anything about their culture. I doubt Trump knows more than three words of his wife's native language, and I cannot see this diet coke and Big Mac-addict ever showing interest in native Slovenian food.

To me, it is a sign of disrespect to get a mail order bride from Asia or Eastern Europe, but show utter disregard and disinterest in their culture. I have had SOs who were keen to make Russian food a part of our culinary set, keen to learn a little Russian, and keen to visit Russia with me.
    They get women from over there because American women will not give them the time of day. Most of these men see the women as "inferior" and therefore they're big hero studs for "letting" them become Americans. We had a young woman (in her 20s) from the Philippines at the SNF where I worked. Her husband was much older... 50s, at least. Sometimes she would come to work with bruises. She always said that she bumped into something but we suspected differently. We could often hear him screaming at her when he picked her up in the evening after her shift.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-27-2021), reagansghost (01-27-2021)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would encourage the GOP to primary Rubio. Then someone on the Dem side can obliterate Daddy's Little Girl.
    Or she'll run on the "Patriot (hahahahaha) Party" ticket against him. And lo! The same results! A new (D) Senator for you all! Got any good candidates in mind?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

It would be much easier to list those Republicans I WOULD consider voting for in the future. Certainly the only guy in the Senate at this point is Romney, the rest are WAY late too the party. Here in Florida, Rubio, DeSantis and Scott are dead to me. I wouldn't cross the street to put them out if they were on fire.
    I'm old enough to remember what today would be called 'moderate conservatives', my parents were big Eisenhower fans, but looked the other way when Nixon committed his numerous felonies. Then along came Reagan who decimated the middle class with huge tax cuts for the wealthy and defunded social programs aimed at the poor and mentally ill, something ALL Republican presidents have done since. My parents loved the guy. It's the GOP's agenda that is the underlying 'problem' with that party, though I'll admit Trump is WAY beyond the pale and now they have only one or two sane senators, like Romney, maybe. Conservatives are usually authoritarians, always seeking to install a 'strong man' at the top of the party, haven't discussed actual policy in decades. They spend all their time bashing Democrats, couldn't care less about important issues at hand.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-27-2021)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    I'm old enough to remember what today would be called 'moderate conservatives', my parents were big Eisenhower fans, but looked the other way when Nixon committed his numerous felonies. Then along came Reagan who decimated the middle class with huge tax cuts for the wealthy and defunded social programs aimed at the poor and mentally ill, something ALL Republican presidents have done since. My parents loved the guy. It's the GOP's agenda that is the underlying 'problem' with that party, though I'll admit Trump is WAY beyond the pale and now they have only one or two sane senators, like Romney, maybe. Conservatives are usually authoritarians, always seeking to install a 'strong man' at the top of the party, haven't discussed actual policy in decades. They spend all their time bashing Democrats, couldn't care less about important issues at hand.
    The first vote I cast for President was for John Anderson. So I guess that dates me and gives you some idea of my ideology, which hasn't really changed all that much. I'm a pragmatist. The reality is that Reaganomics destroyed our economy. His policies were based on supply side economics which is laffable (misspell intentional). The only money that 'trickled down' to the middle class was in the form of plastic, and when that dried up, they started taking home equity to make up for it. But at no time did the policy work. It is unsustainable. but even true conservatives still worship that guy for his economic policies. I don't get it. The government policy with the best ROI in terms of growth would be a one time wealth tax. We can argue fairness all day long, but it's pragmatic. Trickle down imagines one of those infinity fountains where the water goes up and then 'trickles back down'. Reagan's policies and the subsequent economic policies of other administrations have left all the water at the top, and none of it coming back down. The only way to fix it is a one time transfer. Sustaining that requires a completely different tax structure than the one we have now. But we're discussing policy, and all the Trump cult wants to do is scream 'Gotcha' and talk about how evil the 'libs' are.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

reagansghost (01-27-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-27-2021)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Or she'll run on the "Patriot (hahahahaha) Party" ticket against him. And lo! The same results! A new (D) Senator for you all! Got any good candidates in mind?
    Val Demings is the easiest choice, beyond that, there is a lot of talent. Dems need to address their issues with the Cuban community. It should be interesting, but Ivanka would absolutely be a gift to Dems.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

The first vote I cast for President was for John Anderson. So I guess that dates me and gives you some idea of my ideology, which hasn't really changed all that much. I'm a pragmatist. The reality is that Reaganomics destroyed our economy. His policies were based on supply side economics which is laffable (misspell intentional). The only money that 'trickled down' to the middle class was in the form of plastic, and when that dried up, they started taking home equity to make up for it. But at no time did the policy work. It is unsustainable. but even true conservatives still worship that guy for his economic policies. I don't get it. The government policy with the best ROI in terms of growth would be a one time wealth tax. We can argue fairness all day long, but it's pragmatic. Trickle down imagines one of those infinity fountains where the water goes up and then 'trickles back down'. Reagan's policies and the subsequent economic policies of other administrations have left all the water at the top, and none of it coming back down. The only way to fix it is a one time transfer. Sustaining that requires a completely different tax structure than the one we have now. But we're discussing policy, and all the Trump cult wants to do is scream 'Gotcha' and talk about how evil the 'libs' are.
    hear hear

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    2 hours ago · He sees Joe dismantling his "legacy" with executive order after executive order. He sees Fauci and Birx on TV talking about how much of a liar he is and how awful it was to work for him. He has planes flying overhead with large signs trailing them containing insults to him. Everyday, every moment is a new horror for him, but he can't look away.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Trump+...ANCMS9&PC=HCTS
    I imagine that right now Trump is having visions of the NY AG disguised as the grim reaper and pursuing him, which must be very horrifying for Trump.
    Lock Him Up

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

They get women from over there because American women will not give them the time of day. Most of these men see the women as "inferior" and therefore they're big hero studs for "letting" them become Americans. We had a young woman (in her 20s) from the Philippines at the SNF where I worked. Her husband was much older... 50s, at least. Sometimes she would come to work with bruises. She always said that she bumped into something but we suspected differently. We could often hear him screaming at her when he picked her up in the evening after her shift.
    That is terrible.

There are obviously many genuine stories of respect and love between Americans who marry foreigners.

In the dark corners of American society, I imagine there are some American men who think American women are too uppity, and that a Cambodian or Ukrainian female will be more compliant.

My female friend Svetlana moved here from Russia, and married an American guy. He seems like a nice chap, but he doesn't really seem to have the slightest interest in Svetlana's native culture or language. I personally do not get that. But I imagine there are Americans who assume that once you step off the boat, you should just fully assimilate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    That is terrible.

There are obviously many genuine stories of respect and love between Americans who marry foreigners.

In the dark corners of American society, I imagine there are some American men who think American women are too uppity, and that a Cambodian or Ukrainian female will be more compliant.

My female friend Svetlana moved here from Russia, and married an American guy. He seems like a nice chap, but he doesn't really seem to have the slightest interest in Svetlana's native culture or language. I personally do not get that. But I imagine there are Americans who assume that once you step off the boat, you should just fully assimilate.
    Yes, they really do. My best friend from nursing school, Oksana, married an American guy. He wasn't cruel at all to her, but like you said he had no interest in her culture, cuisine, music, etc. She told us the funniest story one day when we all went out to lunch. She had gone to the court building with him to apply for the marriage license. The clerk asked her which Mrs. Greenburg she was. Oksana was puzzled and said just one. Turns out she was about to become Mrs. Greenburg #9!! He had been divorced seven times! Widowed once. And had three kids with three different ladies. But he made good money, took care of all the ex-wives if they needed help, and supported the kids.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-27-2021)

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Yes, they really do. My best friend from nursing school, Oksana, married an American guy. He wasn't cruel at all to her, but like you said he had no interest in her culture, cuisine, music, etc. She told us the funniest story one day when we all went out to lunch. She had gone to the court building with him to apply for the marriage license. The clerk asked her which Mrs. Greenburg she was. Oksana was puzzled and said just one. Turns out she was about to become Mrs. Greenburg #9!! He had been divorced seven times! Widowed once. And had three kids with three different ladies. But he made good money, took care of all the ex-wives if they needed help, and supported the kids.
    Holy smoke!

That is like two marriages every decade!

To each their own, but I try to be in it for the long haul.

Let us face it, a lot of Americans are provincial, and there is nothing theoretically wrong with that. My aunt and cousin remained somewhat insular and their social circle was the Russian immigrant community in Montreal. They married Russian men who had immigrated, and undoubtedly part of the reason is they wanted to maintain a cultural connection with people who would understand their religion, native language, culture and customs.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post: