Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and Son of the Revolution

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Terrorist grovels to AOC

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bull&Terrier,

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    I see her talking about activism and protesting.

I don't see the word 'violence' once in her tweets:

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    @AOC

·
    Dec 2, 2020
    What if activists aren’t PR firms for politicians & their demands are bc police budgets are exploding, community resources are shrinking to bankroll it, & ppl brought this up for ages but it wasn’t until they said “defund” that comfortable people started paying attn to brutality
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    @AOC

·
    Dec 2, 2020
    The thing that critics of activists don’t get is that they tried playing the “polite language” policy game and all it did was make them easier to ignore.

It wasn’t until they made folks uncomfortable that there was traction to do ANYTHING even if it wasn’t their full demands.
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    @AOC
    Replying to
    @AOC
    The whole point of protesting is to make ppl uncomfortable.

Activists take that discomfort w/ the status quo & advocate for concrete policy changes. Popular support often starts small & grows.

To folks who complain protest demands make others uncomfortable... that’s the point."

AOC has never supported violence. AOC is a peaceful person who advocates for social change, justice, freedom, and a better future for all people and for babies too. AOC would prefer it if we thought as a society about what we are doing and what the long-range implications are. AOC is an inspiration to caring people, good neighbors, and fellow Americans.

AOC is one to, like John Lewis, 'get into good trouble.'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,458 Times in 52,470 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

The idea that an individual accused of violence should be excused because he later recanted is a preposterous insult to society.
    Agreed. I've never heard of it happening. All I've read or heard about is sentence reductions due to a plea deal with always requires an apology where necessary and an allocution of their crimes. Part of their sentencing will be the requirement to testify in court against any other criminals.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

blackascoal (01-26-2021), PoliTalker (01-26-2021)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I like the way his lawyer worded the apology.

Not sure how genuine it was. He had 80 days since November 4th to realize Biden was legitimately elected, and Trump was lying about vote fraud. It's weird how he only realized this when his lawyer told him he was looking at ten years of hard time.
    Garrett will have a few years to contemplate the error of his ways.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-26-2021), PoliTalker (01-26-2021)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now that Garret Miller will have to take responsibility for his actions on his own without any help from Trump; he's willing to sing to save his ass.
    Lock Him Up

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-26-2021)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bull&Terrier,

I see her talking about activism and protesting.

I don't see the word 'violence' once in her tweets:

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    @AOC

·
    Dec 2, 2020
    What if activists aren’t PR firms for politicians & their demands are bc police budgets are exploding, community resources are shrinking to bankroll it, & ppl brought this up for ages but it wasn’t until they said “defund” that comfortable people started paying attn to brutality
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    @AOC

·
    Dec 2, 2020
    The thing that critics of activists don’t get is that they tried playing the “polite language” policy game and all it did was make them easier to ignore.

It wasn’t until they made folks uncomfortable that there was traction to do ANYTHING even if it wasn’t their full demands.
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    @AOC
    Replying to
    @AOC
    The whole point of protesting is to make ppl uncomfortable.

Activists take that discomfort w/ the status quo & advocate for concrete policy changes. Popular support often starts small & grows.

To folks who complain protest demands make others uncomfortable... that’s the point."

AOC has never supported violence. AOC is a peaceful person who advocates for social change, justice, freedom, and a better future for all people and for babies too. AOC would prefer it if we thought as a society about what we are doing and what the long-range implications are. AOC is an inspiration to caring people, good neighbors, and fellow Americans.

AOC is one to, like John Lewis, 'get into good trouble.'

so you need the word "violence" for it to support violence, she was responding to the rioting and looting she was calling "protesting" thats what she was supporting and talking about.

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Capitol rioter Garret Miller says he was following Trump's orders, apologizes to AOC for threat, grovels to Biden

--- Trump's lies about fraud had me believing the election was stolen from him, Miller said. ---

In a statement released by defense attorney Clinton Broden, Miller said he had been motivated by Trump's false claims about having been cheated out of reelection by ballot fraud and said, "I am ashamed of my comments."

"I was in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, because I believed I was following the instructions of former President Trump and he was my president and the commander-in-chief. His statements also had me believing the election was stolen from him," Miller said.

"Nevertheless, I fully recognize Joe Biden is now the President of the United States and that the election is over. Donald Trump is no longer president and I would not have any reason to continue to follow his lead."

"While I never intended to harm Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez nor harm any members of the Capitol police force, I recognize that my social media posts were completely inappropriate. They were made at a time when Donald Trump had me believing that an American election was stolen," he said.

Miller said: "I want to publicly apologize to Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez and the Capitol police officers. I have always supported law enforcement and I am ashamed by my comments."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...es-to-aoc.html
    Should have thought more before he broke the law, so while the apology is the right thing to do it should gain them nothing, if they had not been caught would they still apologize, I think not.

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bull&Terrier,

so you need the word "violence" for it to support violence, she was responding to the rioting and looting she was calling "protesting" thats what she was supporting and talking about.
    AOC did not support violence.

It is a losing argument to try to tag her with something like that.

It would seem she has taken quite objectionable enough positions to take issue with. Why bypass those?

This is merely a cheap character attack. It is a waste of bandwidth.

AOC is a strong feminine liberal figure who establishes excellent points.

For this, she is personally attacked by many on the right.

It is a mass ad hominem. - Just calling it for what it is. -

Cheap and easy. If what a figure says is objectionable, and no way can be contrived to make a good argument otherwise, attack the character of the individual who said the thing which cannot be well-refuted. Ad hominem up one side and down the other.

That says that what AOC stands for is irrefutable. Thanks! I agree.

And what does AOC stand up for? Nothing less than the same kinds of things that John R Lewis and Martin Luther King stood for. Getting into good trouble.

No wonder, the ad hominem.

Quite a lot to take on at an academic level.

Might as well cheap out with the ad hominem.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

blackascoal (01-26-2021), Doc Dutch (01-26-2021)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Now that Garret Miller will have to take responsibility for his actions on his own without any help from Trump; he's willing to sing to save his ass.
    Which is the fun part: Seeing the Trump insurrectionists roll on their friends to save their own asses.

How high do you think the planning and funding will go? I think it goes to the White House but not sure if it can be tied directly to Trump, his riot incitement speech aside.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

blackascoal (01-26-2021)

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

seems an honorable apology..... is kicking people while they are down part of this whole "unity" message biden is trying to send?

Also, when will AOC be apologizing for supporting the BLM/ANTIFA violence?
    "Kicking people while they are down"?

Are you totally new to planet earth? Every pussy-ass defendant who gets hauled before a judge to answer for their crimes comes up with some half-baked "apology". I have NO doubt you wouldn't accept an apology from a black defendant who's facing years in prison for a low-level marijuana offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

15. The Following User Groans At Jerome For This Awful Post:

Underdog (01-26-2021)

16. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

This is absolutely no different from the MLK philosophy. Did he support violence? Protesting to make people "uncomfortable" is not a call for violence.

Moreover, protesting to preserve your life and the lives of your family is a damned-sight more worthy than looting and murdering in an effort to overthrow a free and fair election.

Dumbfuck. How many times do you have to learn this lesson? Enjoy the wrong side of history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

17. The Following User Groans At Jerome For This Awful Post:

Underdog (01-26-2021)

18. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bull&Terrier,

It would seem she has taken quite objectionable enough positions to take issue with. Why bypass those?

Cheap and easy. If what a figure says is objectionable, and no way can be contrived to make a good argument otherwise, attack the character of the individual who said the thing which cannot be well-refuted. Ad hominem up one side and down the other.

And what does AOC stand up for? Nothing less than the same kinds of things that John R Lewis and Martin Luther King stood for. Getting into good trouble.

I think she's a privileged brat trying to play Alexandria from the block.

she did not concemn the violence, she made excuses for it.

justified it.

19. The Following User Groans At Underdog For This Awful Post:

Jerome (01-26-2021)

20. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bull&Terrier,

I'm not a fan of AOC; she's a junior congressman with too little experience and too much idealism to be realistic. If she survives in Congress, maybe she'll become more of a realist.

That said, Fox News is constantly talking about her. My guess is they have nothing else to bitch about except Biden, Pelosi and AOC. Go figure.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-26-2021)

22. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    This is absolutely no different from the MLK philosophy. Did he support violence? Protesting to make people "uncomfortable" is not a call for violence.

Moreover, protesting to preserve your life and the lives of your family is a damned-sight more worthy than looting and murdering in an effort to overthrow a free and fair election.

Dumbfuck. How many times do you have to learn this lesson? Enjoy the wrong side of history.

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

23. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Should have thought more before he broke the law, so while the apology is the right thing to do it should gain them nothing, if they had not been caught would they still apologize, I think not.
    The gain for him is a lighter sentence in a plea deal. The requirements for such a plea deal are the apology, the allecution and testifying in court against the leaders of the insurrection.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-26-2021)

25. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    "Kicking people while they are down"?

Are you totally new to planet earth? Every pussy-ass defendant who gets hauled before a judge to answer for their crimes comes up with some half-baked "apology". I have NO doubt you wouldn't accept an apology from a black defendant who's facing years in prison for a low-level marijuana offense.

Seems legit to me. but whatever, you need an enemy, but you can't fight so you will leave the actual fighting to others over this mythical enemy.