Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "In Wisconsin, tens of thousands of absentee votes had the name on it and no address"

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    The problem you have with your argument is that you seem to think that because there was no absurd level of detail in the law describing what constitutes an address then if there isn't an absurd level of detail provided when submitting the address the vote must be thrown out.

The problem you start to run into is that you are demanding things not in the law must be assumed to be in the law. That isn't how the law works. Then you also ignore other laws and court rulings that require that ballots must be counted if the persons voting relied in good faith on the directions of courts and election officials which they did. Then you also ignore the fact that the same rules have been in place for 11 elections and no one complained until Trump lost. Then you ignore the fact that the rules were in place for the entire state of Wisconsin but Trump only wanted the votes thrown out in 2 counties because of the address issue because he lost those counties. Then you ignore the fact that Trump wanted all the ballots thrown out, not just the ones that would have been in violation of his absurd argument.

Your assessment is what is absurd. If we are standing in front of 300 Oak Street in Beloit Wisconsin and I say I live at 222, most reasonable people would accept that as an address without my naming the street, city and state. If we are standing in front of 300 Oak Street in Beloit, Wisconsin and I say I live at 222 Elm Street most reasonable people would accept that as an address. If we are standing in front of 300 Oak Street in Beloit, Wisconsin and I say I live at 222 Elm Street in Janesville most reasonable people would accept that as an address. To argue that the only way an address is an address is if you include every detail is ridiculous and has never been a requirement in Wisconsin before 2020.
    lol. I won.

you do believe in postal relativism.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The problem you have with your argument is that you seem to think that because there was no absurd level of detail in the law describing what constitutes an address then if there isn't an absurd level of detail provided when submitting the address the vote must be thrown out.

The problem you start to run into is that you are demanding things not in the law must be assumed to be in the law. That isn't how the law works. Then you also ignore other laws and court rulings that require that ballots must be counted if the persons voting relied in good faith on the directions of courts and election officials which they did. Then you also ignore the fact that the same rules have been in place for 11 elections and no one complained until Trump lost. Then you ignore the fact that the rules were in place for the entire state of Wisconsin but Trump only wanted the votes thrown out in 2 counties because of the address issue because he lost those counties. Then you ignore the fact that Trump wanted all the ballots thrown out, not just the ones that would have been in violation of his absurd argument.

Your assessment is what is absurd. If we are standing in front of 300 Oak Street in Beloit Wisconsin and I say I live at 222, most reasonable people would accept that as an address without my naming the street, city and state. If we are standing in front of 300 Oak Street in Beloit, Wisconsin and I say I live at 222 Elm Street most reasonable people would accept that as an address. If we are standing in front of 300 Oak Street in Beloit, Wisconsin and I say I live at 222 Elm Street in Janesville most reasonable people would accept that as an address. To argue that the only way an address is an address is if you include every detail is ridiculous and has never been a requirement in Wisconsin before 2020.
    can an election worker add addresses?

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    We have the shitty economy. It will almost certainly improve. What specific Biden policies are going to damage the economy, and why?
    Good god, educate yourself on the economic effects of raising taxes and regulations.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

_resident Joseph R. Biden.

Next?
    FIFY

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,058 Times in 3,413 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 640 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    so is it fine in your view, according to the law, if election workers add the address?

why can't you answer?

2 questions here.
    You still haven't read the court ruling?

1.) The court says it has been fine and has been the practice in every county in Wisconsin for at least 11 elections. Since it has always been fine in every previous election there is no basis to claim it is no longer valid after Trump lost. Trump could have filed a complaint about the practice in 2016 but didn't. Then the law also says that if voters follow the rules they were told to follow their vote should count. When you read the court ruling, the majority of address additions were done by adding state and zip code to an address. (See my previous post about addresses and how people understand an address without state and zip code.) The reality is that Rand Paul lied when he states there was "no address". The address was there but it may not have included some part of the address which was readily assumed based on location. Voters in Wisconsin are assumed to live in Wisconsin when they list a city/town in Wisconsin as their place of residence.

2.) Why should I have to answer your ridiculous question when I have repeatedly told you where to find the answer as ruled on by the Wisconsin Supreme Court who is the authority of record when it comes to Wisconsin laws. Ultimately your opinion and my opinion don't matter as it is the law and the courts that matter. The law has been looked at and the courts have ruled. Your position that they ruled wrongly while at the same time you still have not read their ruling continues to be an extended version of your argumentum ad ignoratiam. It seems that is your only game at this point. Clearly you don't wish to have an honest and intelligent discussion on the facts.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

can an election worker add addresses?
    The answer is still "YES." Do you want to continue to ask the same stupid question over and over?

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol. I won.

you do believe in postal relativism.
    No, you didn't win. There is no such thing as postal relativism since there is no requirement of postal address in the law.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mordent View Post
    Good god, educate yourself on the economic effects of raising taxes and regulations.
    I have a masters degree in economics. So, what specific policies proposed by the Biden Administration will have a detrimental effect on the economy. Be specific, and state the reason why. Or just surrender, since you don't appear to know anything.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you talking real world effects or theoretical effects?

The real world effects show raising taxes have no discernible economic effect on GDP growth.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, you didn't win. There is no such thing as postal relativism since there is no requirement of postal address in the law.
    what other kind of address is there?

you're a word games sophist, exhibiting legal failurism.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have a masters degree in economics.
    If you think raising taxes and regulations increases economic activity, you should ask for a refund.
    We all have masters degrees online. I'm an astronaut, too.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you talking real world effects or theoretical effects?

The real world effects show raising taxes have no discernible economic effect on GDP growth.
    I'm talking about the effects of raising taxes and regulations. It doesn't promote economic activity, it hampers it. If you think otherwise, it explains the "poor" part of your name.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

hey brother! good to see ya!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

Mordent (01-26-2021)

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    hey brother! good to see ya!
    Rev?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mordent For This Post:

Underdog (01-26-2021)

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you think raising taxes and regulations increases economic activity, you should ask for a refund.
    We all have masters degrees online. I'm an astronaut, too.
    So, you can't name a single policy of the Biden administration that will have a detrimental impact on the economy. Clearly you don't have a masters degree, but I'll buy astronaut. You are out there. Sorry kid, you are totally out of your league.