Thread: Fauci in the crosshairs

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    I especially liked the part where she said that she never spoke with tRump and would not even see him for months and months.
    Yep, the bigliest bestest most beautiful and perfect pandemic team response EVER!

She should be written up in textbooks as an example of "How to Really Fuck Up the Career That Cost You Your Whole Life to Get, and Ruin Your Credibility Forever."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jenkins View Post
    Was the average american locked down indefinitely throughout WWII? There was a specific point and purpose to the sacrifice, to win a war. We do t have any of that. We have people being locked indefinitely for a medical condition.

Accusing people of being selfish and uncaring is the continuation of a very bad game plan.and you wonder why people don't want to listen.
    The average American in WWII was not subject to a pandemic, but a common effort against enemies attacking us. You know, like viruses do.

The point is -- they were willing to give up a whole fucking lot more than you anti-mask/anti-social distancing/anti-mitigation measures than were those ancestors of ours in World War II. Hundreds of thousands even gave up their lives.

But yeah -- being told to wear a mask is just so painful for you.

People who "think" like you are why we have the highest death toll and infection numbers per population on this planet.

Thanks a whole lot.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fauci is right. We need to listen to him.

We are in a war.

This time it is the humans against a bug.

All we have to do to win is work together in a coordinated way.

Rut roh.

We're toast.

Americans think their fellow Americans are the enemy. No way Americans are working with fellow Americans toward a common goal.

We can forget that, thanks to right wing hate media.

Half the country is intransigent and refuses to believe the news. They think the real news is fake, and make up their own, and it's pretty bizarre. Actually, the more bizarre, the better. They don't want to be informed. They want to be entertained. And if it means hating and blaming liberals, they're all in. That's so much more fun for them than accepting reality.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (01-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Do you think swine flu has disappeared?

People and businesses have been decimated by the lock downs
    The way to stop the virus is by a solid 2-week lockdown. But Americans do not want that to happen. We are going through the Xmas, New years surge. In this America shots are our only way to normalcy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    The average American in WWII was not subject to a pandemic, but a common effort against enemies attacking us. You know, like viruses do.

The point is -- they were willing to give up a whole fucking lot more than you anti-mask/anti-social distancing/anti-mitigation measures than were those ancestors of ours in World War II. Hundreds of thousands even gave up their lives.

But yeah -- being told to wear a mask is just so painful for you.

People who "think" like you are why we have the highest death toll and infection numbers per population on this planet.

Thanks a whole lot.
    You're welcome. Sorry I won't rollover for a medical condition. Working to guilt people is weak minded.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're welcome. Sorry I won't rollover for a medical condition. Working to guilt people is weak minded.
    It's always good to know who the me-first, f-u people are in society. Thank you for identifying yourself. We have met the enemy, and it is you.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The way to stop the virus is by a solid 2-week lockdown. But Americans do not want that to happen. We are going through the Xmas, New years surge. In this America shots are our only way to normalcy.
    They shouldn't want it to happen. The CDC notes 25 million reported covid cases in the US and 425,000 dead. That's a 1% death rate. Those at high risk should stay home.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's always good to know who the me-first, f-u people are in society. Thank you for identifying yourself. We have met the enemy, and it is you.
    Thank you for your assessment but I'm not me first. What you think of me is irrelevant. Guilt isn't an argument. People in high risk categories should stay home. I am in a high risk group as I am old but I decide where i go and how much I want to expose myself to others. It's a simple think really. The current death rate due to covid is 1%.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

They shouldn't want it to happen. The CDC notes 25 million reported covid cases in the US and 425,000 dead. That's a 1% death rate. Those at high risk should stay home.
    Rate of 1,7 . However, those who suffer long-term disabilities from Corona should scare you too. Many young healthy people so far, cannot return to their normal lives. They have lung, heart or even brain problems that stay with them. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality This is no disease to risk out of stubborn ignorance.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Rate of 1,7 . However, those who suffer long-term disabilities from Corona should scare you too. Many young healthy people so far, cannot return to their normal lives. They have lung, heart or even brain problems that stay with them. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality This is no disease to risk out of stubborn ignorance.
    If you run the CDC numbers it's 1%. Yeah that's a terrible problem of a disease starts by the Chinese. I am risking it not out of ignorance I am risking it out of a greater desire for freedom. I would rather be free than safe. If you would rather be safe than free stay home.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

If you run the CDC numbers it's 1%.
    These numbers? 425,000 / 25,000,000 = 0.017 = 1.7%.
    Or are there other numbers?

I am risking it not out of ignorance I am risking it out of a greater desire for freedom. I would rather be free than safe.
    If you're in a position where you risk acquiring it, you're in a position where you risk passing it on.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    These numbers? 425,000 / 25,000,000 = 0.017 = 1.7%.
    Or are there other numbers?

If you're in a position where you risk acquiring it, you're in a position where you risk passing it on.
    Those were the numbers as of this morning.

Then stay home.