Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fauci in the crosshairs

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default Fauci in the crosshairs

Dr Anthony Fauci and his family faced months of death threats after he started contradicting Donald Trump over the coronavirus pandemic. “I would try to express the gravity of the situation, and the response of the president was always, ‘Well, it’s not that bad, right?’”

Fauci was alarmed by Trump’s willingness to heed advice from associates with no medical knowledge on an array of ‘cures’ for Covid. “It wasn’t just hydroxychloroquine, it was a variety of alternative-medicine type approaches. The president was surrounding himself with people saying things that made no scientific sense.”

The death threats began in March, requiring Fauci and his family to get Secret Service protection.

“It was the harassment of my wife, and particularly my children, that upset me more than anything. They knew where my kids work, where they live. The threats would come directly to their phones.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ovid-pandemic/

Now, of course – as a poster on these boards has said – Fauci is hated. But it wasn’t just him, many others betrayed the president too. Barr said the Justice Department had not detected widespread election fraud, when the evidence was there on all the far-right websites. Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger declined to “find” extra Trump votes, and the Governor backed him. Pence claimed he couldn’t overturn the election result even after patriots demonstrated peacefully at the Capitol. McConnell said Trump might be guilty of an impeachable offense! Then there were all those corrupt judges ...

They were all in on it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2021), PoliTalker (01-25-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021), Trumpet (01-25-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

That is what rightys do. Fauci is a well-qualified epidemiologist and has managed government medical bureaus for decades. He tells the truth as science knows at any given time. Corona is morphing into new varieties that present new problems. Fauci will explain them to you and tell you what they will do to fight them. Trump would have lied and blamed China. This is way past China. Trump would have said it does not exist and it is a plot against him. I am glad those days are over.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2021), PoliTalker (01-25-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021), Tranquillus in Exile (01-25-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,508 Times in 52,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fauci isn't the only one.

"In an interview with CBS, Dr. Deborah Birx said she saw President Donald Trump presenting graphs about the coronavirus pandemic that she never made and claimed that someone either outside or inside the administration was creating a parallel set of data to show to Trump."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/202...ngs-rs-vpx.cnn
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2021), Tacomaman (01-25-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,485 Times in 9,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

"In an interview with CBS, Dr. Deborah Birx said she saw President Donald Trump presenting graphs about the coronavirus pandemic that she never made and claimed that someone either outside or inside the administration was creating a parallel set of data to show to Trump."

Dr. Brix, should have spoken up or question the parallel data, she should have done this months ago?!! She has no creditability now!
    Last edited by signalmankenneth; 01-25-2021 at 06:39 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,508 Times in 52,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Dr. Brix, should have spoken up or question the parallel data, she didn't do months ago?!! She has no creditability now!
    Yep. Cowardice and expedience are no good traits if you want to be known as a credible and ethical person.

But oh how the Reichtards loved her, eh?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2021)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Dr Anthony Fauci and his family faced months of death threats after he started contradicting Donald Trump over the coronavirus pandemic. “I would try to express the gravity of the situation, and the response of the president was always, ‘Well, it’s not that bad, right?’”

Fauci was alarmed by Trump’s willingness to heed advice from associates with no medical knowledge on an array of ‘cures’ for Covid. “It wasn’t just hydroxychloroquine, it was a variety of alternative-medicine type approaches. The president was surrounding himself with people saying things that made no scientific sense.”

The death threats began in March, requiring Fauci and his family to get Secret Service protection.

“It was the harassment of my wife, and particularly my children, that upset me more than anything. They knew where my kids work, where they live. The threats would come directly to their phones.”

Now, of course – as a poster on these boards has said – Fauci is hated. But it wasn’t just him, many others betrayed the president too. Barr said the Justice Department had not detected widespread election fraud, when the evidence was there on all the far-right websites. Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger declined to “find” extra Trump votes, and the Governor backed him. Pence claimed he couldn’t overturn the election result even after patriots demonstrated peacefully at the Capitol. McConnell said Trump might be guilty of an impeachable offense! Then there were all those corrupt judges ...

They were all in on it.
    So you want to lock people down indefinitely and you don't want them to object. What's the end point here? The virus will be over when fauci says so? Is that the final determining factor? You want people just to sit down and shut up? That's fine but not everyone is so anxious to follow orders. Maybe that should be factored in instead of whining about it.

BTW did you have any problem when maxine waters told people to harass trump administration people if they saw them in public? I bet trump didn't get a single death threat in 4 years.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jenkins View Post
    So you want to lock people down indefinitely and you don't want them to object. What's the end point here? The virus will be over when fauci says so? Is that the final determining factor? You want people just to sit down and shut up? That's fine but not everyone is so anxious to follow orders. Maybe that should be factored in instead of whining about it.

BTW did you have any problem when maxine waters told people to harass trump administration people if they saw them in public? I bet trump didn't get a single death threat in 4 years.
    It is remarks like this that makes one wonder how these people would have acted during WWII and alike when everyone in the nation had to make personal sacrifices, can you see them now when they found out that certain commodities and fuel was to be rationed

13. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    It is remarks like this that makes one wonder how these people would have acted during WWII and alike when everyone in the nation had to make personal sacrifices, can you see them now when they found out that certain commodities and fuel was to be rationed
    Was the average american locked down indefinitely throughout WWII? There was a specific point and purpose to the sacrifice, to win a war. We do t have any of that. We have people being locked indefinitely for a medical condition.

Accusing people of being selfish and uncaring is the continuation of a very bad game plan.and you wonder why people don't want to listen.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Was the average american locked down indefinitely throughout WWII? There was a specific point and purpose to the sacrifice, to win a war. We do t have any of that. We have people being locked indefinitely for a medical condition.

Accusing people of being selfish and uncaring is the continuation of a very bad game plan.and you wonder why people don't want to listen.
    Couple of things, first off, Covid is a generational crisis, probably the first since WWII, it effects all Americans, no one is above it, and takes a national effort to address it, if you recall, even Trump labeled himself the "war President"

Secondly, no State totally locked down anything, the whole lock down thing is a overgeneralization, and if you think that Covid, without some measures taken, would haven't really closed down the economy you don't understand the threat the virus presents

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Tranquillus in Exile,

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

They were all in on it.
    It's called: "If you don't like the message, attack the messenger."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

I especially liked the part where she said that she never spoke with tRump and would not even see him for months and months.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Yep. Cowardice and expedience are no good traits if you want to be known as a credible and ethical person.

But oh how the Reichtards loved her, eh?
    I will cut her a bit of slack. She was in an environment that is incredibly intimidating. Especially with a psychotic bully like tRump sitting in the oval at that time.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

The real problem is Fauci is a source of facts they don't like, facts they wish to ignore.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Couple of things, first off, Covid is a generational crisis, probably the first since WWII, it effects all Americans, no one is above it, and takes a national effort to address it, if you recall, even Trump labeled himself the "war President"

Secondly, no State totally locked down anything, the whole lock down thing is a overgeneralization, and if you think that Covid, without some measures taken, would haven't really closed down the economy you don't understand the threat the virus presents
    Do you think swine flu has disappeared?

People and businesses have been decimated by the lock downs

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The virus will be over when it stops spreading among Americans and killing them. That Fauci remark is ridiculous.
    Who wants to lockdown indefinitely? Isolating carriers has been going on since at least Roman times. It is a way to keep diseases from spreading and saving lives. Is that an imposition to you?