Thread: The left behind :(

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jenkins View Post
    It's like cockroaches. See one you got a hundred.
    So we now have thousands of Cult insurrectionists about to be arrested for their terrorist attack on our Capitol and lawmakers? Excellent.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2021), Phantasmal (01-25-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

And attend by antifa
    Rush to judgment on Trump? Multiple leftists arrested for Capitol riot
    https://alethonews.com/2021/01/15/ru...-capitol-riot/
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFOwlWoman View Post
    So we now have thousands of Cult insurrectionists about to be arrested for their terrorist attack on our Capitol and lawmakers? Excellent.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,811 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post

poor low grade furiously pecking at your keep board
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-25-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    No what you have is a battle on 2 fronts. You have antifa burning seattle saying they don't want biden either and another group who are tired of leftists. I don't agree with what they did but what I can't fathom is how obtuse the left is to the mpact they have on other people. You don't labor under the delusion that nothing the left says incites people do you?

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sullivan was considered an informant, and many believed him an agent provocateur.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (01-25-2021)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen such hate filled people in my entire life. They are deranged by their hate.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Red Jenkins For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-28-2021)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

5 People Dead, dozens went to the hospital, yeah peaceful my ass. The minions should be prosecuted, but it is those that set this up, from the President and his lawyers to the Congressmen and Senators that need to be dealt with, there is only One question one needs to ask, what was their goal.....GUILTY, LOCK EM UP!
    Last edited by CASPER; 01-25-2021 at 04:22 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Deflector View Post
    From your cite:
    <The arrests made in the riots case are starting to show the kind of people who like to riot, which is to say extreme leftists.>

You want extreme leftists? Take a look at the OP. I got ten there for you.

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Sullivan was considered an informant, and many believed him an agent provocateur.
    Well spotted, C.O.! His brother is a Proud Boy. They are supposed to be deadly enemies.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (01-25-2021)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Somebody found one ...

Whew! Crime solved!
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed! Thumbs up to the Prosecution and former President Trump who condemned them all!!!

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    poor low grade furiously pecking at your keep board
    Truth Detector is probably sheltered in a facility or a relative's back room. He's not a threat. He's just 25¢ short of a full hour on the parking meter.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2021)

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

No what you have is a battle on 2 fronts. You have antifa burning seattle saying they don't want biden either and another group who are tired of leftists. I don't agree with what they did but what I can't fathom is how obtuse the left is to the mpact they have on other people. You don't labor under the delusion that nothing the left says incites people do you?
    Hmm. Well. As an activist leftist since my teen years -- more than 50 years ago -- I have a fairly accurate idea of how "the left" affects others. Since I was first aware of politics, we passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Then we worked on women's rights. My mom couldn't buy a car, get a credit card, or buy a house in her own name when I was a kid. She didn't care because her life was dedicated to us. But our next-door neighbor sure did. She was the manager of a Holiday Inn -- but still had to have her husband's signature when she bought her car.

Then we created Medicare, one of the world's most successful health care payment systems. Today it is still considered to be the one of the most cost-effective and popular social programs in our history.

Then at the end of that decade, we put humans on the Moon. You've probably heard about or seen the movie where women mathematicians had a role in that. Plus it sent a big message to the USSR. We had the same political differences back then, but unlike now when it came to national security, pride, science achievements, and accomplishments -- we truly were one people. If we had the same unity and will today, we could defeat COVID.

Then, a year later, we had the first Earth Day. I was gifted to meet the guy who inspired that -- Dr. Barry Commoner -- in real life, when I was 16. Nixon signed into law the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency. When I was a kid, we spent a couple weeks each summer in Michigan. My recollection of that time is horrid brown rivers flowing with chunks, barrels, terrible smells. The beach at Holland was covered with rotting fish. I didn't see an actual wild bald eagle until my 30s. The only wild geese I ever saw -- despite our trips to the North -- was once in my teens, flying far up high where the eye could barely see. There were days our mom wouldn't let us go outside because of air quality -- and we lived 20 miles from St. Louis. She wouldn't let us go outside either when Dad applied chemicals to the suburban lawn. She was ahead of her time.

Just in one decade your dreaded Leftists gave you the clean environment and good lifestyle that you enjoy today. You don't have to pay for your mom and dad's health care. Your wife can buy a car on her own credit. Your kids can get student loans. Your best friend can buy a house down the street from you even if he isn't a white guy. But sure -- keep fearing and hating us. Ask yourself why anyone wants you to feel that way, and what's in it for them.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-25-2021), Guno צְבִי (01-25-2021), PoliTalker (01-25-2021), Tranquillus in Exile (01-26-2021)

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hmm. Well. As an activist leftist since my teen years -- more than 50 years ago -- I have a fairly accurate idea of how "the left" affects others. Since I was first aware of politics, we passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Then we worked on women's rights. My mom couldn't buy a car, get a credit card, or buy a house in her own name when I was a kid. She didn't care because her life was dedicated to us. But our next-door neighbor sure did. She was the manager of a Holiday Inn -- but still had to have her husband's signature when she bought her car.

Then we created Medicare, one of the world's most successful health care payment systems. Today it is still considered to be the one of the most cost-effective and popular social programs in our history.

Then at the end of that decade, we put humans on the Moon. You've probably heard about or seen the movie where women mathematicians had a role in that. Plus it sent a big message to the USSR. We had the same political differences back then, but unlike now when it came to national security, pride, science achievements, and accomplishments -- we truly were one people. If we had the same unity and will today, we could defeat COVID.

Then, a year later, we had the first Earth Day. I was gifted to meet the guy who inspired that -- Dr. Barry Commoner -- in real life, when I was 16. Nixon signed into law the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency. When I was a kid, we spent a couple weeks each summer in Michigan. My recollection of that time is horrid brown rivers flowing with chunks, barrels, terrible smells. The beach at Holland was covered with rotting fish. I didn't see an actual wild bald eagle until my 30s. The only wild geese I ever saw -- despite our trips to the North -- was once in my teens, flying far up high where the eye could barely see. There were days our mom wouldn't let us go outside because of air quality -- and we lived 20 miles from St. Louis. She wouldn't let us go outside either when Dad applied chemicals to the suburban lawn. She was ahead of her time.

Just in one decade your dreaded Leftists gave you the clean environment and good lifestyle that you enjoy today. You don't have to pay for your mom and dad's health care. Your wife can buy a car on her own credit. Your kids can get student loans. Your best friend can buy a house down the street from you even if he isn't a white guy. But sure -- keep fearing and hating us. Ask yourself why anyone wants you to feel that way, and what's in it for them.
    Great job on the history recap. Disagreed on the summation "Leftists" deserve all the credit, but I certainly agree the accomplishments are a good thing for all Americans.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2021)