Thread: What caused the gun and ammo crunch of 2020 and 2021

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Default What caused the gun and ammo crunch of 2020 and 2021

there were a lot of factors that caused it,no one thing did.
    lets start with the shortage of guns early in 2020, which by the way seems to be well over now as you can find guns again .

After trump was elected President the demand for guns went down collectors ,target shooters , hunters etc were buying far less. this naturally resulted in jobs in the gun manufactures being reduced this started in 2017 .

now demand went back up in 2020 because of several things but the BLM riots started the ball down hill as many first time gun buys flocked to the stores concerned about the safety of their family and them selves and some worried about their business.

The firearms industry had its best year ever as concerns over safety due to the coronavirus crisis, and political battles drove a 60% spike, according to the leading gun trade group.

In its final analysis of FBI background checks, the National Shooting Sports Foundation estimated gun sales at about 21 million, a huge 34% jump over the previous record set in 2016, another year where politics helped to drive sales.
    Also covid 19 created fears of possible mobs roaming the streets looking to steal peoples resources and good , who didnt have any.
    included are some facts about the amount of first time gun buyers and who they were

Unique to last year was the surge in sales to first-time gun buyers, women, and blacks.

The group’s analysis said, “8.4 million people bought a firearm for the first time in 2020. That’s 40% of all purchases. This year’s buyer is increasingly diverse too. Forty percent of 2020’s buyers were women and the biggest increase of any demographic category was among African Americans, who bought guns at a rate of 58% greater than in 2019.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...cks-top-buyers

now that gun sales increased for the above factors Ammo sales naturally became increased as the demand for them went up drastically .

Gun makers and Ammo makers both had the same issues lack of employees and a huge demand on the products they make. lack of reserve stock and in some cases raw material .
    You just cant train people overnight to produce fire arms and ammo , secure raw material and get it out to the public especially with millions of new gun buys all want ammo and your normal ammo sales to existing gun owners firing ranges the military and sportsmen.

then along came the presidential elections and blow hole Joe and friends running on a lot of anti gun policy's.
    This caused another peak in gun sales reloading supply's and ammo among people with guns on both sides of the political party's .

right now ammo prices are soaring to silly prices along with some guns and reloading supplys.

here is a example for you . I was in a gun store the other day to pick up 50 rounds of 00 buck they had kept for me when it came in again , I reload but don't reload SHOTGUN SHELLS.

I have about 15 to 17000 primers on hand for reloading normally have more but have been loading a lot of ammo this winter . there is a glut on reloading supplys .
    I asked the owner if he was expecting any in , hes a personal freind and will save products for me if I ask and am reasonable what I ask for. he said no.I told him I how many I still have,
    A near by customer was listing to us I guess and asked me if I would sell any of mine he offered me 1000 dollars a box for them. I had paid from 30 to 35 a box when I had got them and I buy in bulk , I told him no I don't need the money. my buddy said some people are selling them for up, to 200 a box.

So in conclusion after my rant we have a lot of politically motivated issues created by democrats that caused the shortages and a pandemic which is china fault.

Thats how I see it.

Normally in the past gun sales and ammo sales shortages were causes by democrat taking office and military contracts,

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,480 Times in 52,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

I bought several thousand rounds of various standard calibers after the Ammo Panic fo 2013.

Now I have a closet full that will take me all the way through the Apocalypse.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Bulletbob (01-24-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Answer to thread title:

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Glad things are starting to level out.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Answer to thread title:

thats your version of the new democrats moistly black and women who purchased guns , they made up 60 percent of new gun and ammo sales this year.your ignorance is astonishing.

if it wasn't for guns in private hands America never would of won its independence for Britain . We would of never settled the land either or been able to feed ourselves .

Your one ignorant dumb old slut who is clueless. You dont understand cause and effect . You live in liberal wicky wacky woo woo land a delusional place full of liberal morons and idiots and I have a intense dislike for you and 3 or 4 more here who are just as clueless as you are.

Lets put it this way Im the kind of guy who will put my self at risk for others and have done so in the past and will again if needed.

Let me share a story with you dumb ass.
    I had picked my lady up at here moms after I got off work and we were going to go to the local park. the city was Baldwin park California gang land for Latino street gangs . I normally had a gun with me as I was just getting off work but her mom was a anti gun democrat and didn't want me to even have it in the car.

Well while in the park it was getting sark and I saw a group of young men attack 2 young women . I told my lady to gom call the police and I went to help them there were 8 of them and they were going to be raped . Well this hillbilly bubba as you would call me because your a ignorant dumb bitch went to help . Had I hsd my gun with me things would of went a lot different but because of liberal anti gunners it didnt.
    Regardless this bubba as you would call me grabbed on of them and punched him in his Adams apple and dropped him like a rock next one jumped on my back and tried to choke me he ended up with some broken fingers then they others got off the women and attacked me. I did the best I could but there were 6 of them still finally they got me down on one knee . about that time the police showed up. they were all arrested and charged I had to have reconstruction surgery on my face. the 2 kids they were going to rape thanked me over and over as did their parents when they showed up and the police.

I stopped any one from penetrating those young girls who couldn't of been more then 13 or so the boys were all gang members of various ages.
    Id do the same thing again even for a ignorant old liberal slut like you with out thinking about what would happen to me . thats the way we hillbilly buba gun types are raised . we have morals and ethics . one thing did come out of it . I always carry a gun no matter who don't like it . And if ever put in such a intense position again the results will be a different . But I wont walk away like a coward gun or no gun .
    If it had been you what would you want me to do ? walk away and watch from as distance while you were raped ? Or would you prefer I stop that from from sexually assaulting you and beating to you or a family member. now stuff you picture up you fat nasty ass and please don't reply to any of my threads ever again .
    just keep replying to you liberal stupidity threads where you'll slap each other on the back and suck each others cocks in congratulation .
    Last edited by Bulletbob; 01-24-2021 at 01:23 PM.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I bought several thousand rounds of various standard calibers after the Ammo Panic fo 2013.

Now I have a closet full that will take me all the way through the Apocalypse.
    one of the few liberal types that have any common sense in the area of firearms

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Its odd how democrats have made plans time and time again to take guns from people that legally own them and abide by laws but have no plans to take them from gang bangesr and felons who commit crimes with them and who are mostly democrats

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Answer to thread title:

When yahoos pull weapons for being asked to wear a mask and tout civil war, yeah.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Answer to thread title:

Owl must have searched long and hard to find the two most intelligent looking trumpanzees in the nation.
    Most of them look like Stone.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Owl must have searched long and hard to find the two most intelligent looking trumpanzees in the nation.
    Most of them look like Stone.
    I found a picture of the most intelligent democrat in the nation for you
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/81/31/5c/8...fdc5d52ec5.jpg

I also found a picture of you , originally the finger was in another orifice but I didn't want to embarrass you to much

https://howrudoing.files.wordpress.c...cking-nose.jpg