Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Capitol attack reflects US extremist evolution over decades

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 3,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    That was a tiny, tiny fraction of the people that are pissed off and know that the election was cheated in America. That was just a drop in the bucket, you pieces of shit.
    They're coming for you now, you poked the bear 1 time too many.
    Those people made an unwise decision.
    There was no election fraud; and if you want to take on all of us plus the US military, knock yourself right the fuck out.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    There's no elephants in Washington DC either, so obviously the NG scared them away as well, shit for brains!!
    You're such a miserable idiot.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    They got caught and took it down.

Ben Carson an extremist lol. Really?
    Read his direct quotes in the link. "Obamacare is the worst thing to happen to the US since slavery," really?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. The Following User Groans At christiefan915 For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (01-24-2021)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (01-24-2021)

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Not much.
    That's a pretty cavalier attitude to take about five deaths and many injured.

― Charles Dickens

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (01-24-2021), Diesel (01-24-2021)

8. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Whataboutism.
    SIX MONTHS ACROSS THE NATION > ONE DAY IN DC ALONE.

STUPIDFUCK.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

9. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jakemax View Post
    On another forum I am on, I have put over 80 of you leftist shit sucking bastards on ignore. May do it here. If not, suck my dogs asshole.
    Thanks for showing leftists who you really are.

― Charles Dickens

10. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    That's a pretty cavalier attitude to take about five deaths and many injured.
    I've never seen a Trumpist value any life except when they pretend to care about law enforcement (until law enforcement disagrees with Trump) and unborn babies (until the baby exits the mother's body -- then it doesn't matter anymore).

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-26-2021), PoliTalker (01-24-2021)

12. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    SIX MONTHS ACROSS THE NATION > ONE DAY IN DC ALONE.

STUPIDFUCK.
    Whataboutism.

13. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/capitol-s...8a03b459120c83

"Right-wing [and left-wing // the two edits are mine and not the author's] extremism has previously played out for the most part in isolated pockets of America and in its smaller [and larger] cities. The deadly assault by rioters on the U.S. Capitol, in contrast, targeted the very heart of government. . . .

"The Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors U.S. extremists, has recorded a 55% increase in the number of white nationalist hate groups since 2017. . . .

"Believers in QAnon are also reeling after Trump left office without fulfilling their baseless belief that he would vanquish a supposed cabal of Satan-worshipping cannibals, including top Democrats, operating a child sex trafficking ring."

So what's it going to be? Are we really going to keep this up? I don't hold any illusions of unity. I don't even want unity. What I would like is peace and a return to rationality.
    Well as George Carlin said...if the average American voter is as dumb as shit then by definition half of Americans are dumber than shit.

My concern about people who have to be completely devoid of cognitive skills to believe in something as bat shit crazy as QAnon and respond with anger, aggressiveness and avpenchant for violence if you so much as disagree with them on their epic insanity.

Are our educational systems that horrifically bad that so many Americans don’t know our history our Democratic principles, scream for Constitutional government but have never read it? How could they not know how runaway nationalism led to fascism and totalitarianism in Europe and Asia that left all the Nations of Europe, Japan and much of China in bombed out ruins with over 100 million dead.

I mean who the fuck in their right mind would believe that vast swathes of our population would place themselves on the wrong side of history and be virulently opposed to anti-fascism given our history?

Recent events have definitely confirmed the old adage that those who forget their history are condemned to repeat it.

This would probably be a good time to evaluate how badly we teach history and civics in this country and correct that.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Diesel (01-24-2021), PoliTalker (01-24-2021)

15. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Whataboutism is an admission of being wrong. It is like saying, "OK, I had it wrong but I am not going to admit it, so I am going to change the subject and try to completely deflect the conversation and make it about something else."

We are in a discussion about the capitol attack. If you want to talk about BLM I would suggest that you begin a new thread.
    Invoking What about ism is an attempt to deflect from glaring double standards.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Well as George Carlin said...if the average American voter is as dumb as shit then by definition half of Americans are dumber than shit.

My concern about people who have to be completely devoid of cognitive skills to believe in something as bat shit crazy as QAnon and respond with anger, aggressiveness and avpenchant for violence if you so much as disagree with them on their epic insanity.

Are our educational systems that horrifically bad that so many Americans don’t know our history our Democratic principles, scream for Constitutional government but have never read it. How could they not know how runaway nationalism led to fascism and totalitarianism in Europe and Asia that left all the Nations of Europe, Japan and much of China in bombed out ruins with over 100 million dead.

I mean who the fuck in their right mind would believe that vast swathes of our population would place themselves on the wrong side of history and be virulently opposed to anti-fascism?

Recent events have definitely confirmed the old adage that those who forget their history are condemned to repeat it.

This would probably be a good time to evaluate how badly we teach history and civics in this country and correct that.
    I could not agree with you more. I was a high school history teacher for a brief time before I converted my profession. I was dismayed at how little sophomores and juniors (mostly) knew about basic world, Western, and American history. Half of them could barely spell. I went to my classroom hours early and stayed hours late to tutor (for free) students who wanted help. It will not surprise you that most students did not want help. They didn't care. They weren't curious. They asked the same question that gets asked in every classroom about every subject every year: "When am I ever going to need to know this in the real world?"

So there are the issues of the curricula and recruiting good teachers, etc., but this is what really grinds my gears. I failed about a third of my students. Most of the rest of them earned D and C grades. I think fewer than 20% earned B or A grades. The average GPA of an American high school graduate is somewhere around 3.3. The average GPA in my classes was probably somewhere around 1.4. So, to answer your question, yes, I think our educational systems are horrific. Think about how many adult, functioning people you know who drive cars and hold jobs and raise children who can't name a vice president, can't find more than two or three countries on a map, can't spell most of the words in the English language, can't divide fractions, and can't tell you how nationalism led to fascism and totalitarianism that caused WWII and nearly ended human civilization.

That's not because schools don't teach those things. You and I learned them. It's because students aren't held accountable and educators are restrained by bureaucracy and artificial standards. It's because uneducated people tend to maintain the status quo, which benefits the people who hold our power now. Think about how many "conservatives" think education is pointless. It's because education threatens them. And so now an education is derided as liberal and elitist while the so-called conservatives in this country think that the results of the 2020 election were fraudulent, that climate change and COVID are hoaxes, and that their political opponents are satan worshippers who rape babies in the basement of a pizza joint. I shake my head in disgust as Republicans continue to try to dismantle public education because without any educated people in the country, they would never lose an election. It's so foul, but I know we can do better.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-26-2021), Mott the Hoople (01-24-2021), PoliTalker (01-24-2021)

18. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Invoking What about ism is an attempt to deflect from glaring double standards.
    Then which is bad? The BLM demonstrations or the attempted coup? Both? Neither?

Do you see how illogical your argument is?

19. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then which is bad? The BLM demonstrations or the attempted coup? Both? Neither?

Do you see how illogical your argument is?
    What’s illogical is making one OMG, THE END OF DEMOCRACY!!!!!! while pretending the other never happened.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What’s illogical is making one OMG, THE END OF DEMOCRACY!!!!!! while pretending the other never happened.
    I never did that, so you might want to trim your broad brush.

21. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never did that, so you might want to trim your broad brush.
    I wasn’t talking about you but the lame whataboutism objection.