Members banned from this thread: Charoite, AProudLefty and Hoosier Daddy


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Remember when the usurper dodged the draft?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    68,339
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Question Remember when the usurper dodged the draft?



    He was 6 feet tall and had an athlete’s build.

    He played football in high school and was active in sports throughout college.

    He spent one summer as a lifeguard at a local pool.

    But after he graduated college in the spring of 1968 and became eligible for the draft and —possibly — combat duty in Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that let him avoid military service.

    No, not bone spurs.

    Asthma.

    Just a few months before former president Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” the former high school football star got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.”

    It was one of five deferments the usurper received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war.


    https://archive.fo/UXn2q

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 2,050 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 78 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Is the intent of this post anything like a comparison of photos of tRump on the tennis court? After he received multiple deferments for bone spurs?
    Newsflash: Tennis is a running game. You cannot, let me repeat, you cannot play tennis with bone spurs.
    Please leave your tRump 2020 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

    CASPER (01-23-2021)

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    68,339
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacomama View Post
    Is the intent of this post anything like a comparison of photos of tRump on the tennis court? After he received multiple deferments for bone spurs? Newsflash: Tennis is a running game. You cannot, let me repeat, you cannot play tennis with bone spurs.
    Whataboutism.

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    16,124
    Thanks
    2,331
    Thanked 8,846 Times in 6,511 Posts
    Groans
    1,089
    Groaned 446 Times in 416 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post


    He was 6 feet tall and had an athlete’s build.

    He played football in high school and was active in sports throughout college.

    He spent one summer as a lifeguard at a local pool.

    But after he graduated college in the spring of 1968 and became eligible for the draft and —possibly — combat duty in Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that let him avoid military service.

    No, not bone spurs.

    Asthma.

    Just a few months before former president Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” the former high school football star got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.”

    It was one of five deferments the usurper received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war.


    https://archive.fo/UXn2q
    Not to stick up for Biden but that is common and true. If a person has ever had asthma no manner how mild they are not medically fit for military service.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

    Charoite (01-23-2021)

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    68,339
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleagle_Eye View Post
    Not to stick up for Biden but that is common and true. If a person has ever had asthma no manner how mild they are not medically fit for military service.
    You're missing the point.

    He supposedly had asthma but it never stopped him from athletics, nor did he mention it in his book. I suspect his diagnosis was a dodge, based on that.

    BTW, if he'd wanted to serve, he could have applied for a medical waiver and been allowed to serve in an non-combat position.

    He never did.

    He isn't fit for any service, IMO.

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    10,385
    Thanks
    417
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 2,659 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,573 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Default

    Biden released his Selective Service records, unlike trump. We have actual documentation of all Biden did and did not do. Biden was not from a rich family that could buy him out of the Vietnam War.

  9. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,454
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post


    He was 6 feet tall and had an athlete’s build.

    He played football in high school and was active in sports throughout college.

    He spent one summer as a lifeguard at a local pool.

    But after he graduated college in the spring of 1968 and became eligible for the draft and —possibly — combat duty in Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that let him avoid military service.

    No, not bone spurs.

    Asthma.

    Just a few months before former president Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” the former high school football star got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.”

    It was one of five deferments the usurper received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war.


    https://archive.fo/UXn2q
    The difference is that the doctor who diagnosed Trump's bone spurs was a tenant of Fred Trump. Daddy got the doctor to diagnose a non-existent ailment in Trump.

    Biden, on the other hand, didn't come from an influential family. If he had a deferment, it was probably real.

  10. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,454
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Whataboutism.
    Dumbass. It's possible to have asthma and play sports. I know because I played high school baseball and had severe asthma as a kid.

  11. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    68,339
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Spametta View Post
    Dumbass. It's possible to have asthma and play sports. I know because I played high school baseball and had severe asthma as a kid.
    So you say, Spametta. Why should anyone believe you?

  12. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    68,339
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Spametta View Post
    The difference is that the doctor who diagnosed Trump's bone spurs was a tenant of Fred Trump. Daddy got the doctor to diagnose a non-existent ailment in Trump. Biden, on the other hand, didn't come from an influential family. If he had a deferment, it was probably real.
    So you say, Spametta.

    The usurper received five student draft deferments, first as an undergraduate at the University of Delaware and later as a (lousy) law student at Syracuse University.

    After a medical exam in April 1968, he received the "1-Y" classification, which meant he could only be drafted in a national emergency.

    The usurper released his Selective Service records to the Associated Press when Obama kicked his ass in 2008. At the time, a spokesperson said he was "disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager," per The News Journal.

    The usurper played football and worked as a lifeguard in high school — details he included in his memoir, "Promises to Keep," per a report from the Associated Press.


    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/16/fact-check-biden-received-multiple-draft-deferments-vietnam/5809482002/

    Finally, Spametta, this has nothing to do with Trump.

  13. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    10,385
    Thanks
    417
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 2,659 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,573 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Dumbass. It's possible to have asthma and play sports. I know because I played high school baseball and had severe asthma as a kid.
    You can always pull someone out of a game if they have a problem with asthma, but you cannot pull them out of combat. It is completely normal for a kid to be both an athlete, and not able to join the military.

    Biden's family did not have money to bribe a doctor, like trump's family did. And Biden made his Selective Service records public, while trump is still hiding his.

  14. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    68,339
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Alt-left Walty View Post
    You can always pull someone out of a game if they have a problem with asthma, but you cannot pull them out of combat. It is completely normal for a kid to be both an athlete, and not able to join the military. Biden's family did not have money to bribe a doctor, like trump's family did. And Biden made his Selective Service records public, while trump is still hiding his.
    This has nothing to do with Trump, Whatabout Walty.

    The usurper availed himself of four student deferments before he claims to have been classified 1-Y after reporting for a draft physical.

    Oddly, his "condition" didn't prevent him from lettering in baseball and football, it was never mentioned in his memoir, and it was never discussed at all until Obama's campaign brought it up, AFAIK.



    https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/biden-got-5-draft-deferments-during-nam-as-did-cheney-1.884250

  15. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    16,124
    Thanks
    2,331
    Thanked 8,846 Times in 6,511 Posts
    Groans
    1,089
    Groaned 446 Times in 416 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You're missing the point.

    He supposedly had asthma but it never stopped him from athletics, nor did he mention it in his book. I suspect his diagnosis was a dodge, based on that.

    BTW, if he'd wanted to serve, he could have applied for a medical waiver and been allowed to serve in an non-combat position.

    He never did.

    He isn't fit for any service, IMO.
    Sorry I'm not missing anything.

    I have a nephew who has a mild form of asthma he went to college on a football scholarship but he was turned down for military service. Did you serve? there are a lot of people who have no interest in military service should that disqualify them from public office? At least Biden nor Trump ran off to Canada to avoid serving.

  16. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    68,339
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleagle_Eye View Post
    At least Biden nor Trump ran off to Canada to avoid serving.


    You see no hypocrisy in the left's taunts of "ol' bone spur" and their carping about Bush's National Guard service vs. their silence whenever a duty-dodging DEMOCRAT infests the Oval Office.

    BTW, boasting about "serving" online is not something I make a fetish of.

    As several people here should know by now, revealing "personal info" on the Internet is neither prudent nor advantageous.

    The truth is that none of us knows whether what folks claim about themselves is true, or not.

  17. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    30,587
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 13,248 Times in 9,210 Posts
    Groans
    3,896
    Groaned 3,052 Times in 2,833 Posts

    Default

    Yes the attempted usurper who failed,got out of the service by paying a doctor to claim he had bone spurs.

Similar Threads

  1. The usurper in the news
    By The Anonymous in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2021, 06:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2020, 06:09 PM
  3. APP - Man this country dodged a bullet
    By canceled.2021.2 in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2018, 08:06 AM
  4. APP - Looks like Trump dodged another bullet
    By canceled.2021.2 in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 01:24 PM
  5. A bullet dodged
    By FUCK THE POLICE in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •