Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and Son of the Revolution

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trump's legacy undone in 24 hours

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Holy smoke, I forgot Trump's tax cuts for the rich scheme had an expiration date.
    Yup.

Temporary tax cuts for the middle, permanent tax cuts for the rich.

What a total gotcha.

Republicans sure screwed us.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

CASPER (01-22-2021), Cypress (01-22-2021), Rune (01-22-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,685 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Only for us though, not for them.

"The 2017 tax law cuts the corporate tax rate from 35 to 21 percent and shifts toward a territorial tax system, in which multinational corporations’ foreign profits largely no longer face U.S. tax. These tax cuts overwhelmingly benefit wealthy shareholders and highly paid executives. "

https://www.cbpp.org/federal-tax/fun...come-americans

And here I thought the Toadstool was all about "America first" and bringing jobs back from overseas. Instead, he made it far more profitable to off-shore so that your company could escape taxation by becoming "multinational."
    Rats.

Donald Trump is literally too stupid to have any clever or visionary ideas of his own. He was always going to be surrounded by conservatives who have always had the interests of the investor class and the affluent at the forefront.

Trump is literally known to have stated how much contempt he has for rednecks and religious fundamentalists. Boggles the mind that Deplorables thought Dump was looking out for them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2021)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,366 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Since Trumpf did not have any substantial legislative accomplishments which would require a rigorous legal or congressional remedy (other than his tax cuts for the rich), Biden just used executive orders to roll back almost all of Trump's legacy in the last 24 hours.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/polit...nge/index.html
    I know. Isn't it great? It's as if President Trump never existed. The Sun looks a little brighter today. The air smells cleaner. The world seems happier.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 3,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

He may be, but he still has a large cohort of drooling minions that he will no doubt try to keep whipped up. After what happened on Jan. 6th, we should not let our guard down.
    You're right. We shall see, however, whether the mindless masses will stay focused on a man who is not on their TV screens nor in their Twitter and Facebook feeds every minute of every day. I'm interested to see whether he tries to launch a media platform and/or a political party. It would be better if his legal troubles distracted him from trying to organize anything, but prosecutors will need to move quickly in order for that to happen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2021)

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,600 Times in 4,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    hardly anyone has Obamacare any more......Biden was the only Demmycrat running for president who wanted to keep it.......
    The others wanted universal medicine. Biden is the politics of the possible.

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Since Trumpf did not have any substantial legislative accomplishments which would require a rigorous legal or congressional remedy (other than his tax cuts for the rich), Biden just used executive orders to roll back almost all of Trump's legacy in the last 24 hours.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/polit...nge/index.html
    Well that may do for a start.

But until we prosecute him for all of the illegal and dangerous immoral things he has done- AMERICA WILL NEVER HAVE ANY CLOSURE!

And let me tell you, if we do not hold Donald Trump, and all of his cronies that also committed illegal acts, then it could come back in just 4 short years in the form of a TRUMP AGAIN, or a Hawley, or a Cruz, or who knows- A HANNITY even.

NO LET"S NIP THIS ONE IN THE BUD!

WE MUST PROSECUTE THE TRAITORS NOW! They must all be held accountable for their evil doings!

There will be no respect for our governmental institutions, law and order, or our CONSTITUTION, and America's reputation in the world- if we don't!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 01-22-2021 at 10:12 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Althea (01-22-2021), Cypress (01-22-2021), Rune (01-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2021)

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ra-men, Brother Diesel, ra-men.

The instant an acquaintance begins to whine about the PC culture, I do what I can to distance myself from them. It's the same as hanging a sign around your neck that says "I am a racist/homophobic/hater/misogynist bigot." The same is true of all those snowflakes whining about social media disallowing hate speech and promotion of violence on their platforms.
    Exactly! The social media stuff has caused me to roll my eyes nearly out of my skull. They want to use SOMEONE ELSE'S infrastructure and intellectual property to spread misinformation, conspiracy theories, lies, and hate. In some cases, they want to use them to plan violent demonstrations and even an attempted coup against the government. When the people who own the infrastructure and the intellectual property rightly point out, "You violated the contract you signed with us when you registered your account. We don't like what you're doing while using our name, brand, hard work, and reputation. We are switching you off," they scream about the First Amendment and how terribly the world treats them.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2021)

13. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,411 Times in 53,283 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rats.

Donald Trump is literally too stupid to have any clever or visionary ideas of his own. He was always going to be surrounded by conservatives who have always had the interests of the investor class and the affluent at the forefront.

Trump is literally known to have stated how much contempt he has for rednecks and religious fundamentalists. Boggles the mind that Deplorables thought Dump was looking out for them
    As P.T. Barnum once said, there's a sucker born every day. The new Trump Sucker Party will be chock-full of them.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-22-2021), Phantasmal (01-22-2021)

15. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,411 Times in 53,283 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    You're right. We shall see, however, whether the mindless masses will stay focused on a man who is not on their TV screens nor in their Twitter and Facebook feeds every minute of every day. I'm interested to see whether he tries to launch a media platform and/or a political party. It would be better if his legal troubles distracted him from trying to organize anything, but prosecutors will need to move quickly in order for that to happen.
    We should also keep in mind that his ill-begotten spawn have political ambitions too. Beavis has already set up his own website. They'll be pushing Papa Anti-smurf to keep the legacy alive.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We should also keep in mind that his ill-begotten spawn have political ambitions too. Beavis has already set up his own website. They'll be pushing Papa Anti-smurf to keep the legacy alive.
    So gross. It is an actual cult. I wouldn't let Don Jr. cut my grass. Eric appears to have been lobotomized at birth. Ivanka is only in it for the money. I think Jared's shadow causes him to shit his drawers at least once a day. Maybe Barron or Tiffany will yield some good results.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2021)

18. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    LOL! Nah, none of that's actually the case. I see you're really struggling to get the taste of twump's ballsack out of your mouth.
    THIS
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

19. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Over 300 judged appointed. Rethink your idiotic OP
    Judges that have routinely ruled against Trump. Rethink your idiotic reply.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

20. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    Yeah, modern-day Communism in America /the West (Critical Theory, CRT, Woke Ideology, Neo-Marxist Postmodernism, etc) is really great at destroying things, but destroying things is relatively easy, even if you're not a "shit-for-brains" communist). What's difficult is CREATING things that possess genuine worth. Trump was good at that....

Dachshund
    Example?

What an idiot!

21. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You said it and don’t even realize it lol.

In a real sense, the election was a referendum on *Trump*.

But Trump is not Trump’s policies. Two very different things. Biden sits on a bit of conundrum. He can continue with many Trump policies and have a successful first term. For example, Trump left the ball Teed up for Biden in the Middle East. All he needs to do is take a safe shot at the fairway. The border is relatively quiet, etc.

Or he can play wrecking ball to satisfy his base. He’s determined to play footsie with the mullahs in Iran. He can disrupt the whole region with one simple act. If Fauci and some democrat governors would take their foot off the neck of the economy, it’s set to rebound to pre-COVID numbers—because Trump’s policies had it going before the CCP F*d us.

But Biden will likely choose the wrong path. That’s why I have a high degree of confidence democrats will only be in total power for two years. The prospects of Democrats avoiding Mid Term Shellacking 2.0 are very poor.

In fact, Trump should run for a House seat in FL. He’s be in a shoe in. Then become Speaker of the House in 2024.

That would be something, wouldn’t it lol?
    Not after having been impeached you fucking moron.

22. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Whoooo was it that claimed the election was stolen from Hillary Killton?
    Hillary Clinton lost in 2016. Donald Trump lost in 2020. Whose sock are you?