Thread: “The Storm” blew over

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,571 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Looks like McConnell is back to his own self, blocking any movement in the Senate
    It won't happen overnight. It depends on how hard McConnell and the others fight it. They put on a little Kabuki theater for the nutjobs then make sure the bill passes "with opposition".
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,732 Times in 14,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Althea,

Trump rolled with whatever polled well among the misinformed. That was his MO. He watched TV to see what conspiracy theories were popular, and that became his shtick. You knew it was a cult after the Hollywood Access video didn't hurt his support.
    Very true. How many times did staff have to debase themselves in order to make 'sense' out of something trump said, only to be tossed under the bus the next day when trump changed his tone because of the polling?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-21-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Seeing if Congress can work together is a great telling point if things are going to be better, worse or the same.
    I am very skeptical to see if Republicans will start working for the good of America. They have been so dedicated to party over country for so long. What will their new strategy be? How do they intend to deal with a party base that still supports Trump? That would be at odds with working for the good of America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-21-2021)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle

I am very skeptical to see if Republicans will start working for the good of America. They have been so dedicated to party over country for so long. What will their new strategy be? How do they intend to deal with a party base that still supports Trump? That would be at odds with working for the good of America.
    The ball is in their court. Let's see how fast they agree to condemning and taking action against their own who assisted the terrorists.

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Very true. How many times did staff have to debase themselves in order to make 'sense' out of something trump said, only to be tossed under the bus the next day when trump changed his tone because of the polling?
    Lost count. Working for Trump had to be one of the most humiliating experiences for anyone who did.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (01-21-2021)

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

The ball is in their court. Let's see how fast they agree to condemning and taking action against their own who assisted the terrorists.
    Such bold values-based action would hardly seem forthcoming.

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Such bold values-based action would hardly seem forthcoming.
    The attack scared the Republicans almost as much as the Democrats. Mobs can't be easily controlled and rarely are.

Let Biden have his first 100 days then judge the results.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-21-2021)

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Any company who thinks Trump "has learned his lesson" is a fucking moron. Even Senator Susan Collins knows what Trump did was ignite an insurrection: https://wgme.com/news/i-team/senate-...eachment-trial

Collins said the riot at the Capitol was surreal and as more videos emerge of the event, it's even more clear how dangerous it was.

"It was an insurrection. It has been more than 200 years since the Capitol has been assaulted. The Capitol has always stood as a beacon of liberty and symbol of our democracy. To see our Capitol breached on all sides and rioters roaming the halls and to realize that 15 minutes after we had all been evacuated from the Senate chamber that some of the rioters had gotten into the chamber and were rummaging through our desks was just incredible and unbelievable," Collins said.
    Collins is one part bullshitter, and one part early stage dementia patient. In an election year (before she knew she would actually win by double digits) she tried to walk the fine line during the impeachment vote.

Only a moron would believe that letting trump get away with campaign crimes would teach him a lesson. He never learned a lesson from his myriad bankruptcies, because his father had plenty of money for the next failed project.

trump never 'learned' a lesson. He still believes that he couldn't have lost the election.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Collins is one part bullshitter, and one part early stage dementia patient. In an election year (before she knew she would actually win by double digits) she tried to walk the fine line during the impeachment vote.

Only a moron would believe that letting trump get away with campaign crimes would teach him a lesson. He never learned a lesson from his myriad bankruptcies, because his father had plenty of money for the next failed project.

trump never 'learned' a lesson. He still believes that he couldn't have lost the election.
    Regardless, she's a near-certain vote to convict Trump.

Agreed Trump never learned his lesson. He's delusional. Learning a lesson requires rationality and maturity.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-21-2021)

15. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,086 Times in 25,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by China Joe View Post
    So you work for GovCo as an outside consultant. Not the same, not even close. I've done both.

The problem is the paperwork. It requires a dedicated staff to fire people. The population of DC is 95% Democrat and they protect their own. Ever hear of the "Blue Line"? It's just like that. Even FDR new this, which is why he was against unionizing FedCo employees.

And again, that's just one part of changing the internal climate of an institution.
    BS. Democrats make up 76%, not 95%.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seeing if Congress can work together is a great telling point if things are going to be better, worse or the same.
    McConnell has already regressed. He's going to filibuster assigning committee members.

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

McConnell has already regressed. He's going to filibuster assigning committee members.
    There's Kabuki theater and then there's solid opposition. Let's see how long it takes him to give way.

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe that's yesterday's news. I see no movement by McConnell, but this will be interesting. He might be forcing Manchin's hand w/respect to ending the filibuster.

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Althea,

Lost count. Working for Trump had to be one of the most humiliating experiences for anyone who did.
    As seen by the fact that he couldn't even get a minion for his send off yesterday.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-21-2021)

21. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I believe that's yesterday's news. I see no movement by McConnell, but this will be interesting. He might be forcing Manchin's hand w/respect to ending the filibuster.
    It's just Day Two of the Biden Presidency. Let everyone settle down.