- Officer Daniel Hodges pinned between doors while insurgents attacked the Capitol.

- “It was absolutely my pleasure to crush a white nationalist insurrection."- Daily Kos, Jan. 21, 2021.

Another hero in the defense of the Nation’s Capitol. DC Police Officer Daniel Hodges, who was beaten and nearly crushed by rioting Right Wing insurgents at the Capitol on January 6, has this to say:

If it wasn’t my job, I would have done that for free.”
It was absolutely my pleasure to crush a white nationalist insurrection, and we’ll do it as many times as it takes,”
Meanwhile the thug who attacked him is where he belongs. Under arrest. According to NBC:

- A Connecticut man has been arrested on charges that he assaulted a Washington police officer, whom he pinned between two doors, during the Jan. 6 riot by Trump supporters at the U.S. Capitol.

Patrick Edward McCaughey III, 23, of Ridgefield, repeatedly told Metropolitan Police Officer Daniel Hodges “just go home” and “come on man, you are going to get squished” as he pinned Hodges between a police riot shield that McCaughey was holding and the doors, a criminal complaint said.

As McCaughey did so, another rioter “began violently ripping off Officer Hodges’ gas mask, exposing Officer Hodges bloodied mouth,” said the complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. -

Kudos to Officer Hodge. We need more like him.

Thursday, Jan 21, 2021 · 8:36:22 AM EST · WB Reeves
This officer and the others who stood firm in defense of the Constitution and Democracy are the ones who deserve the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

The whole, the wounded and the fallen.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...t-insurrection

Vols ... Text ... your move