Thread: The new Patriot Party!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Default The new Patriot Party!

Report: Donald Trump discussed forming new 'Patriot Party'
    Donald Trump may form a new political party following his departure from the White House.
    Trump discussed forming a "Patriot Party" last week with several aides and other people close to him, according to people familiar with the matter

This is great! So how many rightwingers here are going to jump on this bus? I really think you should.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-21-2021), Joe Capitalist (01-21-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    This is great! So how many rightwingers here are going to jump on this bus? I really think you should.
    I love it, am I am sure the trumps will figure out how to make it another opportunity to grift the rubes. Eventually doomed to fail as everything else they do, though in the meantime it will fracture the GOP which will ensure that the GOP becomes a minority Party with little chance of winning high State and Federal offices.
    Last edited by CASPER; 01-21-2021 at 11:36 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-21-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

I like it. Two really little minority parties

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

what a fascinating idea will democrats line up to donate?

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,423 Times in 52,447 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just the Trumpeteers and other village idiots.

The good news is that it will remove all the Trump cocksuckers from the Republican party allowing the Republicans to return to sanity.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-21-2021), Jarod (01-21-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I probably will.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Just the Trumpeteers and other village idiots.

The good news is that it will remove all the Trump cocksuckers from the Republican party allowing the Republicans to return to sanity.
    Agreed, but I just don't see how they have the numbers in any but a few states to become/remain relevant. Half of them are likely to follow Trump.

I think there is a huge miscalculation by the cult that Biden will just be awful. The problem is that the bar is so low that Biden can literally step over it. Get the pandemic in check and the economy functioning, and Biden will enjoy huge popularity.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-21-2021), Joe Capitalist (01-21-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cool1 View Post
    what a fascinating idea will democrats line up to donate?
    good idea

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,063 Times in 7,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

Now that "Patriot Party" no longer refers to a Super Bowl win celebration, the fucking idiots are more than welcome to the term.
    That will leave the traditional Republicans about eight members and simply rename the remainder of the party.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

No point. Votes no longer matter.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,355 Times in 6,031 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by China Joe View Post
    I probably will.
    Make sure you donate thousands of dollars to the Patriot Party. They'll need money to get started so be prepared to open up your wallet.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-21-2021)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Agreed, but I just don't see how they have the numbers in any but a few states to become/remain relevant. Half of them are likely to follow Trump.

I think there is a huge miscalculation by the cult that Biden will just be awful. The problem is that the bar is so low that Biden can literally step over it. Get the pandemic in check and the economy functioning, and Biden will enjoy huge popularity.
    First, we'd have to see how many nutjobs actually leave the RNC for the PP.

Second, we'd have to see how many Independents like myself would rejoin the RNC.

Cults are idiotic and irrational. I don't try to rationalize their behavior.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-21-2021), Jarod (01-21-2021)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First, we'd have to see how many nutjobs actually leave the RNC for the PP.

Second, we'd have to see how many Independents like myself would rejoin the RNC.

Cults are idiotic and irrational. I don't try to rationalize their behavior.
    It seems to me that those who 'strongly approve' of Trumps handling of the job are the only voters that are likely to join the new party. Today, that number has fallen from the low 30's to about 20% overall, but still 50% of those that identify as Republicans. If you lose 20% of all registered voters, there is no way that can be made up by disgruntled Republicans returning to the fold. So the best hope is that the passion for Trump fades away. Best way to have that happen is to render him irrelevant as a candidate, so it seems like Republicans would be wise to see him convicted. We'll see.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Nomad (01-21-2021)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    It seems to me that those who 'strongly approve' of Trumps handling of the job are the only voters that are likely to join the new party. Today, that number has fallen from the low 30's to about 20% overall, but still 50% of those that identify as Republicans. If you lose 20% of all registered voters, there is no way that can be made up by disgruntled Republicans returning to the fold. So the best hope is that the passion for Trump fades away. Best way to have that happen is to render him irrelevant as a candidate, so it seems like Republicans would be wise to see him convicted. We'll see.
    They are free to waste their time.

Time will tell but I think it's erroneous to gloat over something that is unlikely to become true.

That said, I'd be surprised if the Republicans move the needle much in 2022, even though a single Senate seat gain would flip the script. At this point, I'd bet Harris will be President in 2024, if not slightly before.

The 2026 midterms and the 2028 presidential election will probably be the first opportunities for a revitalized Republican party to return to power. Trump's Patriot Party will just be a scam. After Trump dies, Junior will continue the scam to keep him supplied in coke, but it will never amount to much.

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They are free to waste their time.

Time will tell but I think it's erroneous to gloat over something that is unlikely to become true.

That said, I'd be surprised if the Republicans move the needle much in 2022, even though a single Senate seat gain would flip the script. At this point, I'd bet Harris will be President in 2024, if not slightly before.

The 2026 midterms and the 2028 presidential election will probably be the first opportunities for a revitalized Republican party to return to power. Trump's Patriot Party will just be a scam. After Trump dies, Junior will continue the scam to keep him supplied in coke, but it will never amount to much.
    I don't 'gloat, but I get your point. I'm an observer, and to me, the math does not add up. A Trump party would effectively kill of Republican chances of winning a national election. It's going to be difficult for them to win even WITH the Trump base. They've been led to believe the system is rigged. Democrats had no business winning two Senate seats in Georgia. They won because of Trump. Biden will not run again, I don't think there's much question about that. He is the equivalent of the ER doctor. The patient will be triaged and stabilized by 2024.

I do agree that things change, so your timeline is probably pretty accurate, I don't Republicans have any chance over the next 4-6 years. The Senate map in 2022 is horrible for them. The only seat they might flip is the Georgia seat. They have two Senators retiring, and they are defending in those two states (North Carolina and Pennsylvania) as well as in Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida. I suppose there might be some chance for Republicans in Arizona and Nevada, but overall, they are underdogs to win the Senate back.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-21-2021)