Thread: The My Pillow Guy is too crazy even for NewsMax

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Default The My Pillow Guy is too crazy even for NewsMax

NewsMax is scared to death of Dominion, because they are willing to sue over libel... And NewsMax knows this is all libel. So Newsmax is actually cutting off My Pillow Guy insane rantings.

Too crazy for NewsMax, that is some crazy stuff.

A Newsmax segment went off the rails when the MyPillow guy started ranting about voting machines, prompting the anchor to walk off the set
    Sonam Sheth
    Updated Tue, February 2, 2021, 6:52 PM
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/newsmax-s...223631238.html

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell repeatedly ranted about voting machines during a Newsmax interview.

The host cut Lindell off to note that there was no evidence of vote tampering or election fraud.

Lindell continued airing his conspiracy theories, prompting the anchor to walk off the set.

Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.

The pro-Trump network Newsmax on Tuesday cut off the microphone of Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, after he started amplifying bogus conspiracy theories about the 2020 election while on the air.

On Monday, Twitter permanently banned the account belonging to MyPillow after Lindell used it to try to get around his own earlier ban from the platform.

During the Newsmax interview, Lindell began saying he was being "canceled" because he had evidence of election malfeasance.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

"Well, first mine was taken down because we have all the election fraud with these Dominion machines. We have 100% proof, and then when they took it down - " Lindell began before the anchor, Bob Sellers, cut him off.

"Mike, you're talking about machines, that we at Newsmax have not been able to verify any of those kinds of allegations. We just want to let people know that there's nothing substantive that we've seen. And let me read you something," Sellers said as he looked down to read from a statement.

"While there were some clear evidence of some cases of vote fraud and election irregularities, the election results in every state were certified, and Newsmax accepts the results as legal and final," the anchor said. "The courts have also supported that view."

While Sellers was reading from the statement, Lindell interjected to accuse the network of having "suppressed" the story. Sellers then tried to divert the conversation to a discussion about "canceling culture" and asked Lindell about whether he hoped his Twitter ban would be temporary rather than permanent.

But Lindell pivoted back to airing baseless conspiracy theories alleging that Dominion Voting Systems colluded with Democrats to illegally switch votes from Donald Trump to Joe Biden in the November election.

The claim has been widely debunked and led both Dominion and its rival election-technology company Smartmatic to sue or threaten to sue right-wing media networks and prominent Trump-aligned conspiracists over allegations of defamation. Amid the legal threats, Newsmax aired a lengthy clarification in December acknowledging that it had "no evidence" of the outlandish claims.

When Lindell resurfaced the allegations during Tuesday's segment, Sellers cut him off midrant and asked his producers to end the segment.

"OK, Mike, can I ask our producers - can we get out of here please?" Sellers said. "I don't want to keep going over this."

He then got up from his seat and appeared to walk off the set.

Watch a clip of the exchange below:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1356719881564086272

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

CASPER (02-02-2021), Guno צְבִי (02-02-2021), PoliTalker (02-02-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    NewsMax is scared to death of Dominion, because they are willing to sue over libel... And NewsMax knows this is all libel. So Newsmax is actually cutting off My Pillow Guy insane rantings.

What goes around comes around. If people want to try to make up their own 'alternative facts' they have to answer for blatantly wrong public statements about legitimate businesses. That's libel.

If you want to throw a legitimate business under the bus, you have to expect that it might have a legitimate concern about you doing that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Walt,

What goes around comes around. If people want to try to make up their own 'alternative facts' they have to answer for blatantly wrong public statements about legitimate businesses. That's libel.

If you want to throw a legitimate business under the bus, you have to expect that it might have a legitimate concern about you doing that.
    This is the "proof is in the pudding" situation where we know Dominion has a strong case, because NewsMax is terrified of them.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

CASPER (02-02-2021), Guno צְבִי (02-02-2021), PoliTalker (02-02-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

This is the "proof is in the pudding" situation where we know Dominion has a strong case, because NewsMax is terrified of them.
    Can't blame them! If they spent as much time as one would expect creating as secure a voting system as possible, they have a lot to lose if their reputation is sullied by false claims.

These people who want to place blame and make things up are not even considering the damage they cause. They think it's all fair in a game of words. They think it's just a game. No consideratino whatsoever for the harm they cause.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Throw a net over him and commit him to a mental hospital......