Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden kills Keystone XL permit.... again

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Nope. What is myopic is the thinking that somehow a few temporary jobs is worth the environmental risk that falls entirely upon the United States. We get no other benefit -- the oil running through Keystone is Canada's, not ours.

Imagine the cost of cleaning up an oil spill that affects the Missouri River, or the Ogallala Aquifer. Do you think those temp jobs would cover the cost? Where will America's bread basket get water if that is tainted?

Reichwingers only think of the $$ signs flashing before their eyes at the moment, and seem mostly incapable of looking into the future.
    The environmental risk is far higher with solar and wind actually.

Pipelines have a history of being a safe and efficient method of moving liquids and gases compared to road and rail transportation. Your speculation is much like the nonsense the Left and environmentalists spew about nuclear power. They take the absolute worst case scenario, no matter how absurd it might be, and conflate it into See! This is what will happen if you let them build it! It is utter nonsense babbled out by the ill-informed with a political agenda rather than based on rational facts and reason.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-24-2021)

3. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Nobody fooled Joanie, you're a nasty evil old cunt,!
    LOL! How deliciously pathetic. You know you're on her ignore list and yet you're psychologically compelled to reply to her.

She OWNS you, Cindy-Ted.

4. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The environmental risk is far higher with solar and wind actually.
    Hahahaha. I see you are completely uninformed. The rest of your screed shall therefore be disregarded as the nonsense that it is.

PS -- I hope you don't get windmill cancer.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    LOL! How deliciously pathetic. You know you're on her ignore list and yet you're psychologically compelled to reply to her.

She OWNS you, Cindy-Ted.
    Yes, I do. Can you please point me to the Returns desk? I want my money back.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Hahahaha. I see you are completely uninformed. The rest of your screed shall therefore be disregarded as the nonsense that it is.

PS -- I hope you don't get windmill cancer.
    Questions for you:

What company in Arizona got the biggest environmental fine levied against it in the state's history?

How many bats are killed annually by wind turbines?

How many birds are killed annually by solar arrays and wind turbines?

How is weather effected by solar arrays and wind turbines?

What are the environmental issues around the disposal of worn out wind turbines and solar panels?

What are the environmental consequences of clearing tens of thousands of acres of land to install solar and wind generation farms?

Let's start with those. Don't develop an aneurism thinking on that now, okay?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

anatta (01-24-2021), TOP (01-24-2021)

8. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    You're delusional.
    I'm delusional because I think electric vehicles don't have spark plugs and don't require gasoline?

Or I am delusional because I think that bright thing in the sky is delivering energy to the earth?

I bet you don't even own any vehicle.
    That is your attempt to change the topic? Accuse me of not owning any vehicles? I probably should have pity on someone so poorly armed when it comes to intelligent conversations. Do you know what ROI? It's why I have more money than you do because I can do the simple math to tell me what makes me the most money in the long run.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-24-2021)

10. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Nope. What is myopic is the thinking that somehow a few temporary jobs is worth the environmental risk that falls entirely upon the United States. We get no other benefit -- the oil running through Keystone is Canada's, not ours.
    it doesnt stop the oil..it just comes by rail or tanker truck instead - much more liable to have an accident that way
    Biden is an unthinking idiot

11. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    How much will you spend on electricity to charge that electric car? You'll still have to get it inspected and maintained. Wait until you get a short in the system from a hard rain storm or driving through a deep puddle. Gonna suck to be you when you can't find a garage that will fix it and you have to go to a high priced dealership. Save your money...
    I can't help you if you have poor reading comprehension skills. You might want to read my earlier post before you ask stupid questions about how much it will cost to charge an electric car with solar panels.

I never said it would be totally free of costs. I said it would not require gasoline, spark plugs or radiator and transmission flushes. Because of regenerative braking, brake servicing will be less but not non existent. It pays to live in a state that doesn't require annual vehicle inspections because everyone here is liberal and keeps their cars in good shape without the government forcing them to.

A short in the system from a hard rain storm or driving through a deep puddle? ROFLMAO.. Do you know anything about cars in general, let alone electric vehicles. Electric cars have a computer but then so do any other car manufactured since 1990. Once you get past the computer, an electric car is much simpler to maintain than an ICE. I'll bet the mechanics love it when you come in after every rain storm because you car stopped working.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

13. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    it doesnt stop the oil..it just comes by rail or tanker truck instead - much more liable to have an accident that way
    Biden is an unthinking idiot
    There is no law that says we must allow Canadian tanker trucks or trains to bring oil through our territory.

14. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Questions for you:

What company in Arizona got the biggest environmental fine levied against it in the state's history?

What are the environmental issues around the disposal of worn out wind turbines and solar panels?

What are the environmental consequences of clearing tens of thousands of acres of land to install solar and wind generation farms?

More whataboutism, which seems to be all that you Reichtards have any more. You lost all your arguments about why we need the Keystone, so now you're just flinging your porridge to see what sticks to the walls. lol

(It's spelled aneurysm and thanks, already had one of those.)

15. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    I'm delusional because I think electric vehicles don't have spark plugs and don't require gasoline?

Or I am delusional because I think that bright thing in the sky is delivering energy to the earth?

That is your attempt to change the topic? Accuse me of not owning any vehicles? I probably should have pity on someone so poorly armed when it comes to intelligent conversations. Do you know what ROI? It's why I have more money than you do because I can do the simple math to tell me what makes me the most money in the long run.
    Let's see a pic of your vehicle with a piece of paper with your handle written on it.

16. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Let's see your source for these claims. Are you claiming that these are permanent jobs, or are they just the jobs building the pipeline?

Some years ago when we lived in a rural county NW of St. Louis, we had a lot of people pushing for a new pipeline build through the county. It was running from the shale oil fields to the refineries in Illinois. A lot of landowners didn't want it, but being a conservative rural area they were persuaded by the promise of jobs and a boost to the economy. So the part of the project in our county lasted but a summer. The workers were all from other areas. The only "boost" came from them staying in hotels and buying food and stuff during their stay. Then they were *poof* gone. Ironically, this pipeline had a rupture in 2019 and caused an oil spill a bit south of where we used to live. Even more ironically, it's part of the Keystone system, and run by Enbridge. Enbridge has its own problems up here in the frozen north, with its line running under the straits of Mackinac.

This map shows the pipelines and how they converge at Wood River in Illinois. All of them cross under the Mississippi near STL. The bottom map has a red dot over the words "Lincoln County." That's where we used to live.

It's 1000 jobs lost on construction, and 11k lost directly to the industry, with 60k more jobs lost in related industries.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/01...e-xl-pipeline/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-04-2021)

18. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Questions for you:

The risk to birds, bats, and wildlife from petroleum extraction, nuclear, and mining is far, far, far higher than the risk posed by wind turbines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Pandering to emotion by posting a picture of a dead owl is not scientific, does not compare relative risk levels, and more importantly it is deceptive and manipulative. You should be above that kind of manipulation.

The fact is that wind power is vastly safer for avian species than fossil fuels and nuclear.

And when I say "vastly safer" it is not even a contest. They are not even remotely in the same ballpark. Wind is so much safer, they cannot even be compared.

Avian deaths per year (Wind power): 7,193
    Avian death per year (Fossil fuels): 14,5000,000 (14.5 million)
    Avian death per year (Nuclear power): 327,483

Avian deaths per GWh (Wind power): 0.269
    Avian death per GWh (Fossil fuels): 5.18
    Avian death per GWh (Nuclear power): 0.416

source data: "Contextualizing avian mortality: A preliminary appraisal of bird and bat fatalities from wind, fossil-fuel, and nuclear electricity", Benjamin K. Sovacool, Ph.D., Energy Policy Volume 37, Issue 6, June 2009, Pages 2241-2248 - https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2009.02.011

Should we make wind farms as safe as possible for avian life and bats? Yep. Goes without saying.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

20. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    It's 1000 jobs lost on construction, and 11k lost directly to the industry, with 60k more jobs lost in related industries.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/01...e-xl-pipeline/

Source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-depot/

Come back when you've read something a) credible, and b) that contains actual facts.

21. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

22. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The risk to birds, bats, and wildlife from petroleum extraction, nuclear, and mining is far, far, far higher than the risk posed by wind turbines.
    And then you blinded ME with science.

23. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-24-2021)