Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden kills Keystone XL permit.... again

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    it is canadian oil being delivered across our country to dumbass southern red states not smart enough to protect their own environments and refine everybody else's oil for them and get the increased cancer rates....the obvious answer IS CANADA BUILDING A REFINERY CLOSER TO WHERE THEY DIG UP THIS NASTY SHALE OIL.
    By warren buffet trains that is why it is being killed!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,068 Times in 3,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Enjoy higher gas and food prices, dumbass.

Oh yeah, I expect gas lines like the 70s if this continues.
    Electric cars don't need gas.

You should look and see what vehicles Ford, GM and the other companies are making. I simply plug in and let the solar panels on my roof do the rest. I hope there isn't a line in my driveway when I need to leave.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    she is a special breed of airhead
    You're a liar and propagandist who lied about getting an unsolicited mail-in ballot last year to try and undermine the integrity of the election.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,068 Times in 3,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Why? Now the company shipping tar sand extracted oil from Canada to Houston will do it via railroad instead of pipeline and the chances of a spill or other accident go up exponentially, not to mention that diesel locomotives are more polluting than a pipeline. How is that the "right decision?"

Seems to me to be the decision of an ill-informed idiot doing what the environmentalist, radical, know-nothings, of the Left demand based on puerile bullshit to me...
    When Canadian crude goes on trains, they go to the west coast of Canada to be loaded on tankers. Hint - Houston isn't in Canada
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

LV426 (01-21-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2021)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“Existing markets for Canadian heavy crude, principally PADD II [U.S. Midwest], are currently oversupplied, resulting in price discounting for Canadian heavy crude oil. Access to the USGC [U.S. Gulf Coast] via the Keystone XL Pipeline is expected to strengthen Canadian crude oil pricing in [the Midwest] by removing this oversupply. This is expected to increase the price of heavy crude to the equivalent cost of imported crude. The resultant increase in the price of heavy crude is estimated to provide an increase in annual revenue to the Canadian producing industry in 2013 of US $2 billion to US $3.9 billion.”

The only purpose of KXL is to make oil more expensive so TransCanada can make more profit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2021)

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    When Canadian crude goes on trains, they go to the west coast of Canada to be loaded on tankers. Hint - Houston isn't in Canada
    ROFL

Canadian crude by rail to the U.S. Gulf Coast approaches record
    https://www.jwnenergy.com/article/20...roaches-recor/
    Demand for heavy oil on the U.S. Gulf Coast has never been higher, as the rapid deterioration of Venezuelan output tightens the supply of heavy sour crude globally, IHS Markit vice-president Kevin Birn said in a recent report.

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why? Now the company shipping tar sand extracted oil from Canada to Houston will do it via railroad instead of pipeline and the chances of a spill or other accident go up exponentially, not to mention that diesel locomotives are more polluting than a pipeline. How is that the "right decision?"
    Ummm....they don't send extracted shale oil from Alberta to Houston...they send it to Southern Illinois because that's where the refineries are and that's where the pipelines currently lead.

From TransCanada's Permit Application for KXL:

“Existing markets for Canadian heavy crude, principally PADD II [U.S. Midwest], are currently oversupplied, resulting in price discounting for Canadian heavy crude oil. Access to the USGC [U.S. Gulf Coast] via the Keystone XL Pipeline is expected to strengthen Canadian crude oil pricing in [the Midwest] by removing this oversupply. This is expected to increase the price of heavy crude to the equivalent cost of imported crude. The resultant increase in the price of heavy crude is estimated to provide an increase in annual revenue to the Canadian producing industry in 2013 of US $2 billion to US $3.9 billion.”

Just like the MW discussion, you don't know SHIT about this subject, and it fucking shows.

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Ummm....they don't send extracted shale oil from Alberta to Houston...they send it to Southern Illinois because that's where the refineries are and that's where the pipelines currently lead.
    2013 link??
    LMAO
    Canadian sour heavy crude goes to the Gulf. and it's going by rail and there are terrible oil train accidents
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seems to me to be the decision of an ill-informed idiot doing what the environmentalist, radical, know-nothings, of the Left demand based on puerile bullshit to me...
    It only seems like that to you because you're an idiot.

The entire purpose of KXL is to increase the price of Shale oil by connecting it to the USGC.

Right now, it's connected to US PADD II (the Midwest), and we currently enjoy a surplus and price discount because the only place the Shale oil can go is US PADD II.

So you're really fucking stupid for supporting KXL because all KXL will do is remove that surplus, causing the price of oil to increase, and that will result in job loss from higher energy costs.

I don't even need to make an environmental argument against KXL, the economics do it for me.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I figure gas will go to about $3.00 to 3.25 a gallon by late this year based on nothing more than stupid Democrat greentard policy mistakes.
    You don't know SHIT.

The price of gasoline is going to be linked to the price per barrel of oil, and that price is set by the global market, principally OPEC. If KXL is completed, that price is going to go UP, not down, because the Shale oil would be connected to the USGC by KXL.

It's really hilarious watching you run your mouth on subjects you know absolutely nothing about.

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

this is energy independence
    NO! It's not energy independence, it's energy costs going up.

Right now, the Shale oil can only go to one place: US PADD II.

Because of those limitations, we get to enjoy the benefit of an oversupply of shale oil, which drives down the price.

But if that Shale oil can bypass US PADD II and head to the gulf, then it can be sold at higher rates than what PADD II paid for it.

TC said so themselves in their permit application:

So there is no world where KXL is "energy independence" since the Shale oil is coming from Canada and is passing through the US via KXL to get to China.

So in a way, you are arguing for China's energy interests by propagandizing for KXL, YOU DUMB FUCK.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    yes kill some job and make us more energy dependent on others way to go blow hole joe
    It's not even our oil.

It's Canada's oil.

They want to pass it through the US, instead of selling it to the US, so they can make more money.

The only thing it will do is drive UP oil prices in the US.

So supporting KXL is supporting China's energy needs, since that's who will buy the Shale oil from the Gulf.

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    It should never have been approved.
    Why? Be specific now.

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Canadian crude by rail to the U.S. Gulf Coast approaches record
    https://www.jwnenergy.com/article/20...roaches-recor/
    Demand for heavy oil on the U.S. Gulf Coast has never been higher, as the rapid deterioration of Venezuelan output tightens the supply of heavy sour crude globally, IHS Markit vice-president Kevin Birn said in a recent report.
    Do you even understand what this link is telling you?

It's telling you that TransCanada's goal is to get all their shale oil to the Gulf where they can sell it at a markup, instead of selling it to us at a discount.

Why do you think they want it to get to the USGC so bad? To lower energy prices in the US? Are you that fucking stupid?

18. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-21-2021)

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

2013 link??
    WTF are you trying to say? Use your words.

Canadian sour heavy crude goes to the Gulf.
    NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T.

From TransCanada's own permit application for KXL...this is what they said:

KXL doesn't drop oil off on its way through a pipeline from Alberta to the Gulf...the purpose of it is to get access to the global markets so TC doesn't have to keep selling it to the US at a discount.

YOU STUPID FUCKING LIAR.

20. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-21-2021)