Thread: CNBC reports

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default CNBC reports

Hillary Clinton will be Obama nominee for Sec State.

great to see all the CHANGE from Obama.... someone should start a pool on just how many Clintonistas will be on Obamamaniacs cabinet.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Hillary Clinton will be Obama nominee for Sec State.

great to see all the CHANGE from Obama.... someone should start a pool on just how many Clintonistas will be on Obamamaniacs cabinet.

How isn't it change? And who the fuck is he supposed to appoint that has experience in the executive branch you eliminate all of the Clintonistas from consideration?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    How isn't it change? And who the fuck is he supposed to appoint that has experience in the executive branch you eliminate all of the Clintonistas from consideration?
    Dung, all joking aside you are obviously politically knowledgable (sp) you should get a job with the administration. You know your sh*t. You sell the story also to people to the left of Obama as well as the right.
    Last edited by cawacko; 11-21-2008 at 10:12 AM.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, anyone with a moniker describing a pile of crap should definatly work in government.
    You Are Not So Smart Podcast - A celebration of Self-Delusion

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

I love the idiocy from the right about CHANGE. It's like...oh, Obama's wearing a suit today; Bush wore suits, too...some CHANGE!

It would be stupid for Obama to appoint all Washington outsiders to important posts in his admin. That ain't the change he was talking about, dumbo's...

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Dung, all joking aside you are obviously politically knowledgable (sp) you should get a job with the administration. You know you sh*t. You sell the story also to people to the left of Obama as well as the right.

I appreciate the compliment but I'm afraid the application process would weed me out:

The questionnaire includes 63 requests for personal and professional records, some covering applicants’ spouses and grown children as well, that are forcing job-seekers to rummage from basements to attics, in shoe boxes, diaries and computer archives to document both their achievements and missteps.

Only the smallest details are excluded; traffic tickets carrying fines of less than $50 need not be reported, the application says. Applicants are asked whether they or anyone in their family owns a gun. They must include any e-mail that might embarrass the president-elect, along with any blog posts and links to their Facebook pages.

The application also asks applicants to “please list all aliases or ‘handles’ you have used to communicate on the Internet.”

Yikes. No thank you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/us...s/13apply.html

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,772 Times in 27,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

They just cant figure out that this is the Change America voted for , Its a change from Bushy and the republican party.

Imagine Bill and Hill double teaming world leaders who already will be so glad to see Bush ditched.

Its is the change the entire world wanted.

Go view the tape of Bush at the G20 if you dont understand this.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Holder for attorney general.. 0 change and extremely disappointing
    Clinton for Sec of State.. I wouldn't have voted for obama if i knew hed do that.

Other possibles:
    Gates, Kerry, Lugar

such change
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,903 Times in 21,665 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

So change means you need all new people who have never been in government before?

Just a false attack on Obama.

Change means away from the BUSH FAILED PRESIDENCY. Were Obama to choose Condi Rice as Sec of State, that would be a failure to change. Senator Clinton as Sec. of State... That is real change.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

10. #10 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

They are definitally working hard to avoid embarrassing mistakes vetting their people. That questionaire would eliminate me for sure. (mainly because I wouldn't answer some of the questions)

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    So change means you need all new people who have never been in government before?

Change means away from the BUSH FAILED PRESIDENCY. Were Obama to choose Condi Rice as Sec of State, that would be a failure to change. Senator Clinton as Sec. of State... That is real change.
    so you have zero problem with who hes selecting so far?
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,903 Times in 21,665 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chapdog View Post
    so you have zero problem with who hes selecting so far?
    No, I likely would have perfered Richardson as Sec. of State over Clinton, but I am happy with Clinton. I am very happy with his choices thus far.

It represents a HUGE change from the past 8 years.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Apparently if you can find one commonality between the people Obama is nominating and anyone that previously held a similar position it is no change. Hence, the fact that Holder was a drug warrior while the US Attorney for D.C. means he is "zero" change notwithstanding the fact that he has spoken out forcefully against the abuses of the Bush Administration in the pursuit of the war on terror and their ridiculously expansive views on Executive power.

And no, I'm not generally pleased with all of the leaked cabinet appointments, but that doesn't mean it isn't "change." Further, the one area that needs the least amount of change is the State Department. There are very good people there now, they just have zero power and have been marginalized by the Bush Administration's love of the Pentagon and the unchecked authority of the Office of the Vice President.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post

No that's not it. Hillary would have won if 'change' was just a Democrat instead of Bush. Obama talked about 'change' from the way Washington worked and that meant the way it worked under Bush and Clinton.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    No that's not it. Hillary would have won if 'change' was just a Democrat instead of Bush. Obama talked about 'change' from the way Washington worked and that meant the way it worked under Bush and Clinton.
    thats what i thought 2. Definitely a difference in how the independents and the moderate dems view this then the rank and file donkeys.