Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's new 'Patriot Party' signals the death knell of the GOP, permanent Dem rule

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,631 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    After closure of the famed 'Trump University', it is only logical to provide another opportunity for those left behind to 'seize Power' through a 'Trump Political Party'. Patriot Party ...PERFECT!
    Until they all get busted for tax evasion. Maybe Stone can help them with cheating on their taxes. He doesn't live far from Mar-a-Lago.

Even so, it's just another in a long line of Trump scams attracting scammers.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (01-20-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Until they all get busted for tax evasion. Maybe Stone can help them with cheating on their taxes. He doesn't live far from Mar-a-Lago.

Even so, it's just another in a long line of Trump scams attracting scammers.

'Patriot Party'. Trump and his Con Artists friends came up with a Winner this time. 'One Born Every Minute' ... what better way to extract money from those that got the short end of the DNA lottery?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-20-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I have been involved in the building business for around forty years, my family has been involved for a couple generations.....
    'Patriot Party'. Trump and his Con Artists friends came up with a Winner this time. 'One Born Every Minute' ... what better way to extract money from those that got the short end of the DNA lottery?
    Agreed. It's also why it's a perfect fit for Stone to scam money off of Americans. Stone can now replace all of his Trump signs with "Patriot Party" signs and become the a frontline Amway salesman for TrumpCo.

Instead of fucking over illegals, Stone can just sell shit out of his house leaving time for him to be online.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (01-20-2021)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Me thinks your notion of the GOP's demise is premature.

Oh sure the GOP has a huge problem in being a monolithic political party and Trump and his supporters has created a massive crack within it but I wouldn't classify them as dead yet.

Having said that if happens that you turn out to be right then it is a sad, sad, sad day for America and does not bode well for our future. Trump has exploited a serious weakness within the GOP...a lack of a diversity of ideas and the crack he has created will either make that worse or the GOP will adjust and adapt and walk away from its conservative only ideology and become tolerant to those with different ideas. If the former happens then the whole country is in trouble as we need a healthy Republican party with a diversity of ideas. If the later happens then Trumps efforts to create a new party will simply be in vain.
    Trump didn't exploit a lack of diversity of ideas he exploited that there was a significant portion of the base that were tried of Republicans like myself, coastal 'globalists'. Free trade has increased economic growth and the standard of living in this country. We also can't ignore that is has left some people behind and Trump spoke to them.

Remember this post from Cypress in 2007 in a thread about U.S.-China trade?

""You think this was an accident, or somehow all unintentional?

This was exactly what the wall street republicans, and corporate-sponsored Dems had in mind when the passed NAFTA, WTO, and China MFN.

A downward pressure on labor costs and wages in the United States.

People like Cawacko, Damocles, and Stuperfreak actually bought into the nonsense that William F Buckley, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and Alan Greenspan were actually valiantly trying to improve the status, power, and wage potential of america's working middle class. Is it possible to be any more foolish that to believe scions of the conservative movement and america's rich investor were invested in improving the power and status of Joe and Jane working class american?""

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...ighlight=china

This 'anti-globalist' movement isn't new and has supporters on both sides of the isle.

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

One party rule would be bad but fortunately it would be nearly impossible.

Democrats—especially as presently constituted, could never govern the whole country for any length of time. The party would inevitably split. In fact, Democrats have their own problems in that regard and they will come to the fore now that they won’t be able rally around getting rid of the Bad Orange Man.

What would be good for the country would be if both parties split: Republicans can split into old school country club republicans and keep the Chamber of Commerce and neocons; the Trump coalition would become a populist/economic nationalist party.

Democrats could naturally split into moderate and radicals. It would give voters real choices; there would be home for everyone and no one party or coalition could pull the country too far in any direction for any length of time.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I remember when they said Ross Perot's party was going to end republicans. How'd that work out for you?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Sailor (01-20-2021)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Ex-President Donald Trump to launch a new political party after leaving office.

Sources told The Wall Street Journal he would like to call it the "Patriot Party."

The report comes after Sen. Mitch McConnell blamed Trump for the Capitol riot.

can't win shit when your party constitutes a mere 30% of the electorate, RINOs will flock to the Democratic Party in droves, reject authoritarianism

thanks to the Capitol insurrection 2022 will be hell for GOP incumbents, Dems will add considerably to their existing majority

b'bye assholes, go join the Whigs in ignominy

https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...rty-wsj-2021-1
    Think about it. The last 3 Republican presidents
    Bush Sr, Bush Jr and Trump,
    grew up in privilege and wealth.

The last 3 Democratic presidents
    Clinton, Obama, Biden,
    grew up in modest, middle class households.

And the Dems have won the popular vote in seven out of the last eight elections.

Trump was the best thing to happen to the Democratic party.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Diesel (01-21-2021)

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 38 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Ex-President Donald Trump to launch a new political party after leaving office.

Sources told The Wall Street Journal he would like to call it the "Patriot Party."

The report comes after Sen. Mitch McConnell blamed Trump for the Capitol riot.

can't win shit when your party constitutes a mere 30% of the electorate, RINOs will flock to the Democratic Party in droves, reject authoritarianism

thanks to the Capitol insurrection 2022 will be hell for GOP incumbents, Dems will add considerably to their existing majority

b'bye assholes, go join the Whigs in ignominy

https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...rty-wsj-2021-1
    We are a Banana Republic. Our opinions, including yours, mean nothing to the people now in power. Keep sucking at the pump.

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,527 Times in 52,744 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    A home for the MAGA militia

Trump would only do it if there was a way for him to make money off it
    He'll set up PACs and farm them for cash ala $arah Palin. He had a taste of fame and glory and power and wants it again.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-20-2021)

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Trump didn't exploit a lack of diversity of ideas he exploited that there was a significant portion of the base that were tried of Republicans like myself, coastal 'globalists'. Free trade has increased economic growth and the standard of living in this country. We also can't ignore that is has left some people behind and Trump spoke to them.

Remember this post from Cypress in 2007 in a thread about U.S.-China trade?

""You think this was an accident, or somehow all unintentional?

This was exactly what the wall street republicans, and corporate-sponsored Dems had in mind when the passed NAFTA, WTO, and China MFN.

A downward pressure on labor costs and wages in the United States.

People like Cawacko, Damocles, and Stuperfreak actually bought into the nonsense that William F Buckley, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and Alan Greenspan were actually valiantly trying to improve the status, power, and wage potential of america's working middle class. Is it possible to be any more foolish that to believe scions of the conservative movement and america's rich investor were invested in improving the power and status of Joe and Jane working class american?""

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...ighlight=china

This 'anti-globalist' movement isn't new and has supporters on both sides of the isle.
    I have pointed that out for many years as you well know...but why then did they support them? Also, you're talking in the past when conformity to "conservative" ideology was a litmus test. Which would explain why a political moderate such as myself was a Republican.

That also brings up the question, why then did so many Jane and John Six Packs support them?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,527 Times in 52,744 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Disagreed for two main reasons:

1. It puts all of the shithouse crazy Trumpians under one roof. Easier to find them, isolate them and, if necessary, send them to prison.

2. It cleans the Republican Party of the nuttiness plaguing it for the past 25+ years. Yes, the Republican party will be smaller, but saner. I would rejoin such a party and I expect many right-leaning Independents would do the same.
    Maybe eventually, but not right away. You would be shocked at all the non-insurrectionists who would join the Toadstool Party.

So that should give us a good 4-8 years to enact legislation that actually helps the citizens rather than the wealthy few.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-20-2021), Doc Dutch (01-20-2021)

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed. It's also why it's a perfect fit for Stone to scam money off of Americans. Stone can now replace all of his Trump signs with "Patriot Party" signs and become the a frontline Amway salesman for TrumpCo.

Instead of fucking over illegals, Stone can just sell shit out of his house leaving time for him to be online.
    Why are you giving Stone such good ideas???

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-20-2021)

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I have pointed that out for many years as you well know...but why then did they support them? Also, you're talking in the past when conformity to "conservative" ideology was a litmus test. Which would explain why a political moderate such as myself was a Republican.

That also brings up the question, why then did so many Jane and John Six Packs support them?
    Because we have a system where you have two choices. And what do we constantly hear? 1) that we should vote and 2) only vote for a Democrat or Republican or else you are throwing your vote away or its a cop-out. So if you feel neither party is representing your interests what do you do in that scenario?

We've seen folks like Ross Perot and Pat Buchanan have made hay. There were more blue-collar 'anti-globalist' Republican candidates in '08 and '12 that had support but not enough to win the nomination. The movement has been out there.

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Maybe eventually, but not right away. You would be shocked at all the non-insurrectionists who would join the Toadstool Party.

So that should give us a good 4-8 years to enact legislation that actually helps the citizens rather than the wealthy few.
    Agreed not right away. Certainly not before 2022, but I hope the trend will be seen by then. Maybe by 2024 but more likely by 2026.

When dealing with very large numbers, IMO, it's better to look at percentages. I think the loss of 5% (?) to Trump's cult would easily be made up by Independents rejoining the RNC...but that's a lot of bridge rebuilding. I'm not going to fall for the standard political rhetoric. I'd have to see Republican leaders actually putting nation before party before I'd rejoin.

I'd like to see the recommendations of the 2012 Growth & Prosperity Project (the Republican Autopsy) implemented. I'd like to see a revitalized, true conservative party close the gender gap and minority gap by doing exactly what you posted: serving our nation's citizens instead of just a wealthy few.

I'm still waiting to see hard numbers from the 2020 election, but am not seeing much. Here's a sample: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ge-biden-trump

Stewart noticed a slight widening of the gender gap – with women voting 56-43 for Biden, while the two candidates were almost tied among men.

But one of the biggest divides that did come to pass was between older voters and those aged under 30, who became even “less enamoured of President Trump than before”.

“The other age groups, 30-44, 45-64, 65 and over, it’s a pretty close divide between Biden and Trump. So it’s really young people who are overwhelmingly anti-Trump and that’s really noticeable.”

He said Trump also lost some appeal among low-income voters, who were more attracted to Biden, but the president gained among voters with family incomes over $100,000 a year.

“That right now appears to be the biggest demographic shift I’m seeing. And you can tie that to [Trump’s] tax cuts [for the wealthy] and lower regulations.”

He added: “For as much as we talk about the culture wars and all of those sorts of things, it looks like the big thing was good old-fashioned pocketbook economics.”

While evidence is lacking in exactly who voted, he said the increase in turnout probably came from young people and the Latino community, who he said “historically have been significantly underrepresented in the electorate.”

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why are you giving Stone such good ideas???
    There should be no doubt, as the legal net closes in on him, that he's already thinking along those lines. He's corrupt, but not stupid like most Trump fans.

Notice how all but the cowards and smart ones didn't go to DC.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (01-20-2021)