Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's new 'Patriot Party' signals the death knell of the GOP, permanent Dem rule

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,410 Times in 52,438 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    If it removes the evangelicals from the GOP, there may be hope. Until that happens, fuck 'em.
    I'm good with taking the religion out of government. The Evangelicals are, AFAIK, Trumpeteers, so, yes, I too would applaud their leaving the RNC en masse and joining Trump's scam.

Here's a key thing to watch for: If they don't leave then it's because they, too, know the Patriot Party is a scam.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 3,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coldjoint View Post
    We are a Banana Republic. Our opinions, including yours, mean nothing to the people now in power. Keep sucking at the pump.
    Nope, we're a functioning democratic republic. You could go fuck yourself, though, moron.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Ex-President Donald Trump to launch a new political party after leaving office.

Sources told The Wall Street Journal he would like to call it the "Patriot Party."

The report comes after Sen. Mitch McConnell blamed Trump for the Capitol riot.

can't win shit when your party constitutes a mere 30% of the electorate, RINOs will flock to the Democratic Party in droves, reject authoritarianism

thanks to the Capitol insurrection 2022 will be hell for GOP incumbents, Dems will add considerably to their existing majority

b'bye assholes, go join the Whigs in ignominy

https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...rty-wsj-2021-1
    I am going to suppose the proud boys bailing will put a damper on the idea but we shall see

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I think there's a reason we're seeing more people, especially young people, register as Independents or decline to state. It's not that they don't have liberal or conservative views, and it's not that they don't vote Democratic or Republican, but they choose not to be 'associated' with either party.
    I've seen the polling data Wacko....even among independents many of the ideas of the left are growing in popularity even with independents and in particular with the youth vote. I'm not saying that is right or wrong. I'm just making a factual observation.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    What is the "conservative ideology"? It ostensibly used to be fiscal conservatism. Gone. Law and order. Gone. Family values. Gone. Tradition. Gone. Seriously, what does the Republican party even represent anymore? Does anyone know?
    MONEY!!!!
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

What is the "conservative ideology"? It ostensibly used to be fiscal conservatism. Gone. Law and order. Gone. Family values. Gone. Tradition. Gone. Seriously, what does the Republican party even represent anymore? Does anyone know?
    Conservative ideology is conservative ideology. Now whether the Republican Party adheres to it is a separate discussion, same as whether those who call themselves conservative actually adhere to it as well. I consider myself a conservative, but there are others on the right who think of me as a RINO or even progressive. I don't believe there to be one set definition of what conservatism or liberalism is. There's a general set of idea or beliefs, but its not necessarily written in stone.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    MONEY!!!!
    Well, both parties are controlled by money. I don't have any affection for either of them. The Democratic party, however, still has some principles. I guess the Republicans still like guns and hate abortions. But that is literally all I can think of to describe the party. They sold themselves to Trump. And now we see the results.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I've seen the polling data Wacko....even among independents many of the ideas of the left are growing in popularity even with independents and in particular with the youth vote. I'm not saying that is right or wrong. I'm just making a factual observation.
    I see that as well and it's a concern to me. On one hand many current Republicans were liberals in their youths so a young liberal today isn't guaranteed to stay that way into the future. But I've acknowledged the challenges the party faces.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-21-2021)

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Conservative ideology is conservative ideology. Now whether the Republican Party adheres to it is a separate discussion, same as whether those who call themselves conservative actually adhere to it as well. I consider myself a conservative, but there are others on the right who think of me as a RINO or even progressive. I don't believe there to be one set definition of what conservatism or liberalism is. There's a general set of idea or beliefs, but its not necessarily written in stone.
    "Conservative ideology is conservative ideology."

That doesn't mean anything nor does it answer my question in even the slightest way.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I'm good with taking the religion out of government. The Evangelicals are, AFAIK, Trumpeteers, so, yes, I too would applaud their leaving the RNC en masse and joining Trump's scam.

Here's a key thing to watch for: If they don't leave then it's because they, too, know the Patriot Party is a scam.
    Exactly as the know their own 'faith' is a completely cosmetic charade.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Ex-President Donald Trump to launch a new political party after leaving office.

Sources told The Wall Street Journal he would like to call it the "Patriot Party."

The report comes after Sen. Mitch McConnell blamed Trump for the Capitol riot.

can't win shit when your party constitutes a mere 30% of the electorate, RINOs will flock to the Democratic Party in droves, reject authoritarianism

thanks to the Capitol insurrection 2022 will be hell for GOP incumbents, Dems will add considerably to their existing majority

b'bye assholes, go join the Whigs in ignominy

https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...rty-wsj-2021-1

even after he is long and dead you all want to milk this as much as you can. lol.

he's not even thinking of it before his impeachment trial ends.

idiots.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Exactly as the know their own 'faith' is a completely cosmetic charade.
    If they knew it, why do they do it?

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Conservative ideology is conservative ideology."

That doesn't mean anything nor does it answer my question in even the slightest way.
    My apologies if I misunderstood you but you seem to be interchanging bedrock conservative beliefs with what the Republican Party does when those two aren't necessarily the same thing.

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

IMO the party formally known as the GOP has taken a Trump torpedo amidships. Trump energized those hibernating hard right wing zealots and they're NOT going back into their caves, while those now extinct RINOs grapple with the new reality. For example who could they possibly run in 2024? Would it be someone akin to Romney or more like Josh Hawley - according to the polls the Tea Party caucus comprises roughly 75% of the Rep base, and again those folks ain't going anywhere anytime soon. The party's only path to relevancy is to retake the House or Senate SOON.....that's going to be tough given roughly 60% of the entire electorate absolutely abhors Trump and his minions....people like McCarthy will carry the stench of Trump for life. Even semi-moderate people like Jeff Flake would get hammered in their 2024 primary. I can't see anyone in that passel of 'conservatives' standing a chance, especially if Biden is even halfway successful at rebuilding the nation after this massive Trump shitstorm

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    even after he is long and dead you all want to milk this as much as you can. lol.

he's not even thinking of it before his impeachment trial ends.

idiots.
    When Trump is long and dead, either his body will be buried in secret or it will become the greatest, yuuuugest collection of dogshit the US has ever seen.

Speaking of idiots, how is your life going, Rev? Did you ask Marcelo about the note? Get settled into living by yourself?

Visions of the future: