Thread: asg Net loss of 3 Million Jobs, Worst Since Hoover

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,986 Times in 3,359 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 636 Times in 604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Wait ----

First of all you are using non-farm employment and not civilian employment numbers. You do realize that farm workers are employed or unemployed just like the rest of the population, correct?

Secondly - 135072 (Dec of 2012) is BIGGER than 134055 (Jan of 2009) so there was not a loss of jobs by the end of Obama's first 4 years.

If you are trying to make the specious argument that DURING Obama's term we saw a loss of 3 million jobs then we would be comparing that to Trump's term where we saw a loss of 20 million jobs.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    I noticed that fact as well as the fact the biden virus killed hundreds of Americans yesterday.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Wait ----

First of all you are using non-farm employment and not civilian employment numbers. You do realize that farm workers are employed or unemployed just like the rest of the population, correct?

Secondly - 135072 (Dec of 2012) is BIGGER than 134055 (Jan of 2009) so there was not a loss of jobs by the end of Obama's first 4 years.

If you are trying to make the specious argument that DURING Obama's term we saw a loss of 3 million jobs then we would be comparing that to Trump's term where we saw a loss of 20 million jobs.
    Trump hasn't lost any jobs.......they've been there the whole time.......why won't you blueballers unlock the doors.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following User Groans At PostmodernProphet For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (01-21-2021)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,986 Times in 3,359 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 636 Times in 604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Trump hasn't lost any jobs..
    I never said Trump lost any jobs. I merely pointed out that jobs were lost when Trump was President. If you want to create a strawman to beat up, that's on you. It seems that by creating a strawman, you think you can hide from your lies about job losses during Obama's first term.

.....they've been there the whole time.
    It seems you know nothing about how a business is run. Jobs are not there if an employer has no work to make the money to pay the employee. Jobs are only there if an employer hires a person and that employee contributes enough that the company makes enough money to pay them. Without PPP and ERTC, the number of people currently unemployed would be more than it currently is. The government is paying businesses to keep employees on when the employees are not making the company money.

......why won't you blueballers unlock the doors.......
    I wonder why the airline industry business is down by over 50%. No one has shut them down. No one is shutting down hotels but they have less than 50% of their normal business. While some businesses have been shut down many have not and yet they have still seen a huge drop off in customers.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

6. The Following User Groans At Poor Richard Saunders For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (01-21-2021)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,554 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Corona and unemployment are inexorably linked. Trump ignored Corona, therefore, making it all much worse. Biden realizes that the disease has to be under control for the economy to surge. Over 100,000 businesses shuttered during Trump. For them to arise it will require people feeling safe to go out and consumers having the means to purchase. Once the demand returns, the economy and employment can grow. The first step is dealing with Corona in a scientific and open way.

8. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

14 million of the unemployed work in restaurants and bars
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Actually Biden is president today so it's all on him.

Business are closing up shop because Biden will regulate and tax them to death, that's why the jobs are leaving.
    Lol. The traditional thinking is that the first one hundred days of a presidency are a grace period for the new guy. After a hundred days, it becomes his fault.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The states deciding to decimate the economy over COVID was stupid.

News @ 11
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here's a crazy thought:

If we could quarantine every human on Earth for a month, pretty much every contagious disease and virus, from COVID-19 to the common cold, would vanish forever.

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Lol. The traditional thinking is that the first one hundred days of a presidency are a grace period for the new guy. After a hundred days, it becomes his fault.
    Where did you hear that dumb story?

That 100 days thing started with FDR passing 13 major pieces of his legislation in 100 days and every president since is measured to that standard for their fist 100 days to see how successful their administration may be.

It has nothing to do with a grace period lol.

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Where did you hear that dumb story?

That 100 days thing started with FDR passing 13 major pieces of his legislation in 100 days and every president since is measured to that standard for their fist 100 days to see how successful their administration may be.

It has nothing to do with a grace period lol.
    I didn't mean it literally. It's a tradition that modern presidents are judged by.

Of course, as anyone with a brain knows, the POTUS has minimal influence over the economy. So it makes no sense to credit or blame a POTUS for job gains or losses.

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't mean it literally. It's a tradition that modern presidents are judged by.

Of course, as anyone with a brain knows, the POTUS has minimal influence over the economy. So it makes no sense to credit or blame a POTUS for job gains or losses.
    That's not true either.

A president can have a very large effect on the economy simply with their views on business which is what this thread is about.

Business realizes that Biden and the democrats will be extremely hostile to them so they have been making moves to prepare for that like not expanding or hiring more workers.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's not true either.

A president can have a very large effect on the economy simply with their views on business which is what this thread is about.

Business realizes that Biden and the democrats will be extremely hostile to them so they have been making moves to prepare for that like not expanding or hiring more workers.
    False. The President doesn't have much influence over business. Microsoft isn't changing their business structure just because Biden is in office.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

False. The President doesn't have much influence over business. Microsoft isn't changing their business structure just because Biden is in office.
    Lol, ok.

Maybe you should tell companies that spend tens of millions on lobbyists that the president has no effect on their business because somehow they got the silly notion that he does but you are obviously much smarter than they are.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lol, ok.

Maybe you should tell companies that spend tens of millions on lobbyists that the president has no effect on their business because somehow they got the silly notion that he does but you are obviously much smarter than they are.
    They lobby legislators.