Thread: Mitch McConnell accuses trump he provoked deadly Capitol riot

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    it means Im a populist, I have confidence in the p;ower of the electorate doing what they did before
    for an outside reformer. I dont think well ever get another reformer -but that what I look for
    Lightening to strike 2x

The opposite is statist, interventionists, globalists.. that I oppose,
    I am not opposed to that, but I just don't believe trump was that..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I am not opposed to that, but I just don't believe trump was that..........
    of course .
    You have to look at what he did, and not what he said
    Or look at the push back from the bureaucrats and the National Security Council types.

we have to "maintain a presence" -free trade with China ( never mind their malign practices) thru the WTO
    Even the Keystone pipeline was contracted to use US steel

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    of course .
    You have to look at what he did, and not what he said
    Or look at the push back from the bureaucrats and the National Security Council types.

we have to "maintain a presence" -free trade with China ( never mind their malign practices) thru the WTO
    Even the Keystone pipeline was contracted to use US steel
    What you seem to miss here as I have looked, & it fell short, not because of trump's or anyone's shortcomings, but because it was not in the best interest of the country, was wrong, stupid etc etc etc..

You don't seem to believe ANYONE ON THE PLANET CAN DISAGREE W/ TRUMP FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN THEY HAVE SOME KINDA MADE UP SYNDROM OR THEY JUST HATE HIM~ THAT HE COULD BE WRONG, HIS DECISIONS & ACTIONS NOT THE BEST ETC JUST ISN'T POSSIBLE IN YOUR WORLD-THE POSSIBLITY DOES NOT EVEN EXIST..............
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,835 Times in 17,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Trump was setting the table for this for a long time. He said when he said the only way he could lose was if he were cheated. He had his not too bright followers believing that. He roused them to anger and violence. He repeated those lies over and over.
    TRump claimed Obama won by fraud in 2012. He claimed fraud when Cruz beat him in the Iowa caucus.
    I can see a pattern of lies even though rightys cannot understand the proof is required. Trump has done serious damage to the American election system and to the country itself. This is nothing to be proud of.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    What you seem to miss here as I have looked, & it fell short, not because of trump's or anyone's shortcomings, but because it was not in the best interest of the country, was wrong, stupid etc etc etc..

You don't seem to believe ANYONE ON THE PLANET CAN DISAGREE W/ TRUMP FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN THEY HAVE SOME KINDA MADE UP SYNDROM OR THEY JUST HATE HIM~ THAT HE COULD BE WRONG, HIS DECISIONS & ACTIONS NOT THE BEST ETC JUST ISN'T POSSIBLE IN YOUR WORLD-THE POSSIBLITY DOES NOT EVEN EXIST..............
    of course not. I very much disagreed with funding the proxy war in Donbass for Ukraine
    or the odious sanctions on Russia
    I hate Trump caved on "maintain a presence" in Syria as well

I'm more then willing to discuss anything on it's merit - or lack of.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    I'm more then willing to discuss anything on it's merit - or lack of.
    I think many ppl are looking forward to it...