Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens if Biden gets his $15 minimum wage passed?

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Like Walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    and Amazon
    Big conglomerates such as Walmart and Amazon are who your Demonkkkrat oligarchs are FAVORING...

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    A federal minimum wage is jamming it down the throats of all 50 states regardless if they support it or not.
    So? Elections have consequences, don't they?

You're going to force small businesses in small towns to downsize employment or go out of business.
    How so? Would those small businesses not see an uptick in revenues thanks to increased demand from higher wages? If more people have more money to spend, do you not think they will spend it?

Most of those for whom this would affect have no debt or savings, meaning they will be spending the money immediately.

More spending will cause businesses to fail? I've read a lot of crackpot economic theory in my day, but that one is the most crackpot of them all.

If you really want to help people, then focus on cities and/or states where they need the money just to pay the rent or eat.
    People need it everywhere. This isn't a regional thing. This is a national thing for the sake of the economy. For the sake of the economy, people need higher wages in order to create demand.

This is Econ 101...people aren't going to spend money if they don't have it.

The cost of living and, therefore, the cost of a living wage is not the same across the USA so why force one on places that don't need it?
    Every place needs it. Everywhere. Every city. Every county. Every town.

Democrats always seem to fall into the trap of ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL. It doesn't and is likely to cause as many problems as it solves when that approach is taken.
    The only "problem" a $15/hr minimum wage causes is increased demand, and increased revenues. Why? Because higher wages create more demand, and more demand drives hiring and revenues.

Opposing a minimum wage increase is a sure fire way to be on the wrong side of any economic argument.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

...and your solution is to get even,
    Get even by....giving people health care?

Get even by...raising the minimum wage?

Get even by...giving you a $2K check?

Get even by...creating Green jobs and saving our environment?

Get even by...getting you vaccinated against COVID?

You have a funny way of thinking all that is revenge for something. Almost like it's belying your own moral failings and compulsions. How are COVID vaccinations "revenge"?

xact revenge and show those 81,000,000 Americans who is boss by not sparing the whip, eh Overseer?
    MLK said some choice things about you:

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

I can't be the first person who ever posted this quote to you, but GODDAMN if MLK doesn't nail you from the grave over 50 years ago...

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Why would more people making more money be a bad thing?
    Because it's not actually "more people making more money"... it's more people making ZERO money, as their jobs have now been eliminated... Price controls ALWAYS create shortages, you see...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    more income, more disposable income, more economic activity, more taxes paid, more rich guys making more to keep up with demand, more people being hired by rich guys to keep up with the demand, more taxes paid. building an economy from the bottom up makes 5000 times more sense, and works 5000 times better, that stupid shit supply side, from the top down policies.
    Nope... People making ZERO money do not result in "more taxes paid"... People making ZERO money does not result in "more income"...

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Well Chairman Plugs can either work for China's minimum wage or refuse to take a U.S. presidential salary.
    My bet is on the Prime Minister keeping his salary. He wouldn't give it away like the people's President Trump did...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Stretch (01-19-2021)

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Well, it would appear that according to your map human misery in the US would be approximately cut in half with a doubling of menial wages.
    Losing your job because the government forces an employer to pay your menial job far more than it's worth isn't going to cause misery on those affected?

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Here is what idiots like you don't understand: THE ECONOMY WILL BOOM! THE MORE MONEY PEOPLE MAKE THE MORE THEY SPEND.

When all you can do is offer some minimum wage that has not kept up with the cost of living with no increase in over 28 years- WHILE EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD EXCEPT THE PRICE OF LABOR- HAS QUADRUPLED ALL YOU ARE DOING IS FOSTERING POVERTY!

IF YOU CAN'T OFFER UP A GOOD WAGE THEN YOU SHOULD GO BANKRUPT AND GET OUT OF THE WAY FOR THOSE WILLING TO PAY A WAGE THAT IS FAIR and competitive.

The ONE Great thing a minimum wage prevents is the mentality- of "I'd pay you even less- If I only could"!

And let me tell you what- when the minimum goes up- the entire pay scale re-adjusts upwards and everyone gets something out of it.

AND THERE IS NOT A PERSON HERE THAT IS AGAINST MAKING MORE MONEY- SO YOU ARE GOING TO FIND YOURSELF ON THE LOSING SIDE OF THIS ARGUMENT AS THE VOCAL AND VOTING MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WILL VOTE TO INCREASE THE MINIMUM WAGE.

THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE WHEN THE VOCAL MAJORITY AND THE VOTING MAJORITY WIN ELECTIONS- THEY GET WHAT THEY WANT FOR A CHANGE!
    Another moron lefty who knows jack shit about economics...

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,460 Times in 52,472 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So? Elections have consequences, don't they?

How so? Would those small businesses not see an uptick in revenues thanks to increased demand from higher wages? If more people have more money to spend, do you not think they will spend it?

Most of those for whom this would affect have no debt or savings, meaning they will be spending the money immediately.

More spending will cause businesses to fail? I've read a lot of crackpot economic theory in my day, but that one is the most crackpot of them all.

People need it everywhere. This isn't a regional thing. This is a national thing for the sake of the economy. For the sake of the economy, people need higher wages in order to create demand.

This is Econ 101...people aren't going to spend money if they don't have it.

Every place needs it. Everywhere. Every city. Every county. Every town.

The only "problem" a $15/hr minimum wage causes is increased demand, and increased revenues. Why? Because higher wages create more demand, and more demand drives hiring and revenues.

Opposing a minimum wage increase is a sure fire way to be on the wrong side of any economic argument.
    Yes they do. Sorry you can't see my point. Good luck with your revenge on half of all American voters.

Biden's Unity movement is DOA, killed by his own party members.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...LtPwsj1lVQ1CrG

big mac, $3.99

big mack value meal, $5.99

your picture is a lie.
    The $3.99 value changes when you click on individual States... but what I did notice upon a quick glance is that big mac prices are higher in States with higher minimum wages (California, Oregon, Washington, New York, DC) than in States with lower minimum wages (Wisconsin, Alabama, Ohio, Oklahoma, Florida)

Of course, there are other factors at play that affect prices (such as Alaska and Hawaii's geographic location, and etc)

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

What happens? The elasticity of demand, the improved productivity, reduced turnover, reduced hiring and training costs, and a more stable workforce will make up for the increase in wages, and prices will barely move.

Thanks for asking.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

LV426 (01-19-2021)

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks to me like a lot of Red States will get a Raise ...
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes they do. Sorry you can't see my point. Good luck with your revenge on half of all American voters.
    Still searching for your point....

And it's revenge to give someone a $15/hr wage? You have a funny definition of what constitutes revenge...

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Biden's Unity movement is DOA, killed by his own party members.
    Good...there's no unifying with Nazis.

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    What happens? The elasticity of demand, the improved productivity, reduced turnover, reduced hiring and training costs, and a more stable workforce will make up for the increase in wages, and prices will barely move.

Thanks for asking.
    Exactly. Price increases will be nominal at best, but demand will shoot through the roof, creating more job opportunities and a more competitive labor market for wages.

17. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I dunno, you tell me. You were the one who was compelled to create a brand new JPP account this month to posture.
    You made a claim that I was a new sock, whatever that is so I think it's on you to tell me what my old sock was.