Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens if Biden gets his $15 minimum wage passed?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You lack the creativity and wit to come up with personal attacks so you just resort to repeating what other people say because you're a hack.

Prove me wrong.

I'm just fucking with your psychosis, katzgar.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Now I know I really struck a nerve because you're resorting to using the sock argument against me because you simply lack the creativity to come up with an argument on your own.

That's because you're a HACK.

so your false no evidence accusation is an "Argument" and I can't do the same to you you do to me, katzgar?

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You lack the creativity and wit to come up with personal attacks so you just resort to repeating what other people say because you're a hack.

Prove me wrong.

wait, you want me to prove you wrong by hurling insults at you?

careful what you wish for, when I do start really hitting back, people tend to lose their shit, call me a bully and have a mental breakdown.

your call, katzgar

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

How is it being jammed down your throat? And why are you always speaking in those terms? Did something get jammed down your throat at a young age, or something? It's really weird.
    A federal minimum wage is jamming it down the throats of all 50 states regardless if they support it or not.

You're going to force small businesses in small towns to downsize employment or go out of business. MegaCorps like McDonald's will just automate.

If you really want to help people, then focus on cities and/or states where they need the money just to pay the rent or eat.

The cost of living and, therefore, the cost of a living wage is not the same across the USA so why force one on places that don't need it? Democrats always seem to fall into the trap of ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL. It doesn't and is likely to cause as many problems as it solves when that approach is taken.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...ity-map-2017-7
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Prices will go up negating those raises, but making corporations bottom line go up, making big corporation investors happy. Leftist idiots believe that Democrats are not beholden to big corporations! The Middle class will shrink unless the see commensurate raises, as more people fall below the poverty line!

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The problem with this reasoning is that many things are not mandatory or non-optional as part of our economy. That is, if what your company does isn't critical or absolutely necessary to society, then you may very well go bankrupt and NOBODY will choose to do what you did in your stead.

The other likelihood is that you get replaced by a machine.

McDonald's counter help? Don't need you anymore. You were replaced by a kiosk.

So, I the owner got rid of say 8 positions to keep my other 6 and my payroll overall stays the same. I didn't go bankrupt, but I did create 8 newly unemployed people now living in poverty. So, your whole theory there needs some serious revision.

And, the economy won't boom. Sure, those below $15 an hour now make more, but those at or above $15 an hour now feel slighted by the fact that their higher skill levels are underappreciated and they too want raises. That all costs money and raises the price of goods and services. In the end, the economy takes a hit and then settles back to steady state. The artificial wage increase is adjusted for and everybody ends up back were they were before it happened. Sure, now a $5.00 burger costs say $9.50, but that's the market price at a $15 minimum wage...
    That was the biggest load of crap I've heard all year! And all it is, is the same old TIRED WRONG OUT-OF-DATE REPUBLICAN TALKING POINTS THAT ARE LIES! LIES! AND MORE LIES!

The price of everything has already gone up DUMB-ASS- so do not think that that is an intelligent defense. BUT THE WAGES DIDN'T KEEP UP! NOT AT JUST THE BOTTOM- BUT THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE PAY-SCALE! THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

When the wages at the bottom go up- it has to be reflected at every point in the pay scale- OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SKILLED PEOPLE- AND WITHOUT YOUR SKILLED PEOPLE- YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO COMPETE. BUT I'LL LEAVE THAT UP TO THE BUSINESS OWNERS.

Here is what is going to happen- WE ARE GOING TO RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE WHATEVER BENEFITS YOU THINK ARE NECESSARY TO YOUR BOTTOM LINE, HOW MUCH YOU PAY ALL OF YOUR WORKERS, AND HOW GOOD A PRODUCT YOU INTEND TO SELL, AND WHAT PRICE YOU THINK YOU CAN CHARGE FOR IT!

No longer will businesses feed off of the poor people's cheap wages, so they can laugh all of the way to the BANK, fostering poverty, and profiteering selfishly in absorbent ways without spreading the wealth.

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT- STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

The Democrats intend to lift Americans out of poverty- NOT DOOM THEM AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR CHEAP LABOR- WHICH IS ALL YOU REPUBLITARDS SEEM TO WANT TO DO!

JUST BECAUSE THEY THINK "WE'RE WHITE- WE'RE RICH AND WE CAN DO WHAT WE FUCKING WANT BECAUSE WE HAVE DONALD TRUMP"!

FUCK THAT RIGHT NOW!

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    A federal minimum wage is jamming it down the throats of all 50 states regardless if they support it or not.

You're going to force small businesses in small towns to downsize employment or go out of business. MegaCorps like McDonald's will just automate.

If you really want to help people, then focus on cities and/or states where they need the money just to pay the rent or eat.

The cost of living and, therefore, the cost of a living wage is not the same across the USA so why force one on places that don't need it? Democrats always seem to fall into the trap of ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL. It doesn't and is likely to cause as many problems as it solves when that approach is taken.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...ity-map-2017-7
    You are more intelligent than I thought, now go post the opposite as Concart to keep it even!

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

81M Americans voted for that "bullshit".

7M more than the other guy.

So he has a mandate.
    ...and your solution is to get even, exact revenge and show those 81,000,000 Americans who is boss by not sparing the whip, eh Overseer?

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    That was the biggest load of crap I've heard all year! And all it is, is the same old TIRED WRONG OUT-OF-DATE REPUBLICAN TALKING POINTS THAT ARE LIES! LIES! AND MORE LIES!

The price of everything has already gone up DUMB-ASS- so do not think that that is an intelligent defense. BUT THE WAGES DIDN'T KEEP UP! NOT AT JUST THE BOTTOM- BUT THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE PAY-SCALE! THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

When the wages at the bottom go up- it has to be reflected at every point in the pay scale- OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SKILLED PEOPLE- AND WITHOUT YOUR SKILLED PEOPLE- YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO COMPETE. BUT I'LL LEAVE THAT UP TO THE BUSINESS OWNERS.

Here is what is going to happen- WE ARE GOING TO RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE WHATEVER BENEFITS YOU THINK ARE NECESSARY TO YOUR BOTTOM LINE, HOW MUCH YOU PAY ALL OF YOUR WORKERS, AND HOW GOOD A PRODUCT YOU INTEND TO SELL, AND WHAT PRICE YOU THINK YOU CAN CHARGE FOR IT!

No longer will businesses feed off of the poor people's cheap wages, so they can laugh all of the way to the BANK, fostering poverty, and profiteering selfishly in absorbent ways without spreading the wealth.

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT- STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

The Democrats intend to lift Americans out of poverty- NOT DOOM THEM AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR CHEAP LABOR- WHICH IS ALL YOU REPUBLITARDS SEEM TO WANT TO DO!
    That is such utter B.S ythey have been promising that for 60 years you IDIOT. It's about more tax revenue to the Government to buy more votes through more entitlement programs! Meanwhile people like me, who did it the right way, working hard, being an asset to the company for 30 years, working our way up, will suffer if we do not receive the same amount of raise as it relates to our state! PRICES WILL SKYROCKET!

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    You are more intelligent than I thought, now go post the opposite as Concart to keep it even!
    I don't trust liars, Matt.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

So, what happens if Biden gets the minimum wage to $15 an hour?
    As with any price control, shortages will occur. In this case, there would be a shortage of jobs.

Here's were the minimum wage is right now:

In many states that more than doubles it overnight. Given the current state of business closures for Chinese Disease, will they just decide to close for good in those states? Will employers be able to take that big a wage hit? Will the states with larger portions of the population at minimum wage take a bigger hit?

Those businesses will try to do whatever they can to survive. That will include looking into cutting jobs, merging jobs, raising product/service prices (to offset the added expense), cutting down on other expenses (if possible), and etc... That sort of minimum wage policy would end up killing a good number of small businesses, especially combined with covid tyranny.

That's fine for Demonkkkrats though, because they tend to hate small businesses anyway...

How will this affect workers making $15 an hour or more?
    It will piss them off because they actually put in the hard work (and spent the money) to gain the necessary education, skills, and experience which got them that pay rate, instead of just getting that pay rate handed to them on a silver platter. They will also likely have to pick up more work (do 2 or 3 people's jobs by themselves) as their employers cut down the size of their work forces in order to stay in business. Then, the government will hand out even MORE money to the people who THEY put out of work with THEIR policies, which will all come off of the backs of the labor of the now reduced work force.

In short, people like me (who realize what is going on around them) will be DAMN PISSED OFF.

My prediction is it is one of many blows that the economy will take causing recovery to grind to a halt... Will Biden blame Trump for that?
    Of course he will. Trump and his "racist white xenophobic homophobic bible-thumping science-denying domestic terrorist insurrectionists" will be blamed for anything and everything under the sun for as long as the Uniparty (aka Demonkkkrat) oligarchy rules over the proles within the SOA...

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Well, it would appear that according to your map human misery in the US would be approximately cut in half with a doubling of menial wages.
    Price controls ALWAYS create shortages, dude... So you WANT a shortage of jobs???

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    If you can't afford to pay someone $15 per hour for their time, you have no business being in business.
    So you are a fascist?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Wolverine (01-19-2021)

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    That is such utter B.S ythey have been promising that for 60 years you IDIOT. It's about more tax revenue to the Government to buy more votes through more entitlement programs! Meanwhile people like me, who did it the right way, working hard, being an asset to the company for 30 years, working our way up, will suffer if we do not receive the same amount of raise as it relates to our state! PRICES WILL SKYROCKET!
    THE PRICES HAVE ALREADY SKYROCKETED IDIOT!

NEXT!

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, what happens if Biden gets the minimum wage to $15 an hour?

Here's were the minimum wage is right now:

In many states that more than doubles it overnight. Given the current state of business closures for Chinese Disease, will they just decide to close for good in those states? Will employers be able to take that big a wage hit? Will the states with larger portions of the population at minimum wage take a bigger hit?

How will this affect workers making $15 an hour or more?

My prediction is it is one of many blows that the economy will take causing recovery to grind to a halt... Will Biden blame Trump for that?
    If that happens, then you're going to get a pay raise.
    Lock Him Up