Thread: Okay, call me jaded, but...

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It was like trump, pretending to be a populist, while hating the people. trump thinks he has better genes than the rest of us.
    what was your take on trust busting? no place in civil society? thought so, fascist.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    what was your take on trust busting?
    About a 100 years before my time, but I agree it is a good idea to keep any group from having too much power. That is also why it is important to have inheritance taxes. If the only path to wealth is inheritance, we will stagnate as an economy.

We definitely need to raise taxes on the wealthy. They need to pay their fair share. Or maybe I should say, we need to pay our fair share. Somewhere along the line I entered the bottom ranks of the wealthy, and should be taxed more.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Controlled Opposition,

Can't be a very large number.

Checked, rechecked, triple checked, certified. 50 separate elections. What's to question?
    There is ample reason to question. I don't, but I understand why some do.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    About a 100 years before my time, but I agree it is a good idea to keep any group from having too much power. That is also why it is important to have inheritance taxes. If the only path to wealth is inheritance, we will stagnate as an economy.

We definitely need to raise taxes on the wealthy. They need to pay their fair share. Or maybe I should say, we need to pay our fair share. Somewhere along the line I entered the bottom ranks of the wealthy, and should be taxed more.
    yes. and also keeping free speech in a company that claims to be a platform
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I fear they're working on a turnkey solution to global hegemony, which they want to sell to off dimension/ off world predators.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    The need for the troops is to protect Biden from people like you
    Once again, I have never voted for a Republican in my entire life. You need to hire a writer to post for you.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    When you get treatment for your opioid addiction and aren't delusional anymore you will understand that those cities aren't actually burning to the ground
    See what I mean? You really need some new material.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    yes. and also keeping free speech in a company that claims to be a platform
    Can I force the Republican Party website to take my posts saying trump is a child molester, and that Republicans all knew?

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Controlled Opposition,

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    There is ample reason to question. I don't, but I understand why some do.
    So do I, I get it that people have questions. There are lots of stories. The stories don't all agree. Somebody has to sort it out.

But here's the thing. That was done.

Time was allotted for certifying the elections. Experts looked them over. All 50 were certified. That is the point at which these people who question the election have to be ignored. Let them deal with it however they have to. Some of them will get it that they lost. Others will never accept it. Doesn't matter, it was a valid election. Everybody understands we don't know the results of an election until it's over and it could go either way. These people simply refused to believe the result they didn't want to see. It doesn't matter how much they ignored the main stream news, whatever wacko news site they want to believe, whatever they think. People who don't accept reality have mental issues. We can't let that guide our country. We have to ignore them and move on. We have to hope they will get it eventually, and understand they simply lost.

Every step of the way, they have denied reality. From election day, and what all the MSM pundits were saying, throughout the counting process to the day when the media called the election for Biden, to the certification of every State one by one, to the electoral college vote, to the verification by the bicameral session of Congress, to the inauguration, they have been denying reality. So what's the big deal? Now they can deny that Biden is president. That's fine. They are free to do that. But we don't have to listen to them.

It's funny. So many Republicans kept saying that Democrats never accepted that Trump was president. It was BS. Democrats gave Trump every chance to do a good job as president. He blew it. But Democrats didn't argue that he wasn't president. They knew it. They accepted it. They didn't like it, but they acknowledged it. I personally always referred to him as President Trump. I never called him any names. He was our president. I didn't agree with him but I respect the office he held. He was our president. He had his chance.

And now we have all these Republicans who don't think Biden won. With zero evidence. Just because they don't want to believe it. I knew that a lot of Republicans have rejected science, but I hadn't realized it that has now progressed to rejecting math.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.