Thread: 19-20-21. The National Guard Is Prepared

1. #391 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 7,747 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Oh my, you are serious.

America has failed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. In most other countries, if you sell a gun to a criminal who uses that gun in a crime, you are in real trouble. In the USA, it is usually acceptable. This is a failure on a monumental level.

To put this failure into perspective, almost all guns used in crimes in both Canada, and Mexico were originally legally bought in the USA, and we are doing NOTHING about it.
    They don't have much freedom in Mexico and Canada.

2. #392 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Canada has the land area of the continental US with less total people than California and only slightly more than Texas. Anyone wanting to immigrate to Canada can easily do so. Australia has less people than Texas.

Agreed about learning from mistakes. One mistake is to cram a square peg into a round hole. I could make a cruder example, but am sure you under stand the point.

Colbert's almost over. Dutch Out.
    You are definitely a strange bird. Not that that's a bad thing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-21-2021)

4. #393 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,420 Times in 8,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,734 Times in 2,537 Posts

I understand your worried, cautious concern and can appreciate you guarding your house with a rake and a rolling pin.
    Actually, the best way to avoid getting killed by an idiot with a gun is to avoid contact with idiots with guns. It is not fool proof, but it is the best way.

The previous point was about respecting the views of others.
    You want me to respect the views of someone you admit is a dangerous idiot?

You joined into agreeing that just because some or even many militia groups have been contaminated with anti-government wackiness that it means even the word "militia" should be banned
    That is a little extreme, but it is time to remember that a militia is a military unit setup under the authority of the state. The "militia groups" are not really militias. The National Guard, and the state police are the real militias.

During the Whiskey Rebellion, George Washington used the military to crush unauthorized militias. One of the charges against Aaron Burr was he allegedly tried to setup unauthorized militias. The Mormons were run out of Missouri when they refused to disband unauthorized militias. This was not considered the joke many seem to think it is today. It was the equivalent of running around claiming to be a police officer.

everyone disarmed and "reeducated"
    See, I talk about getting universal background checks, which you apparently can not argue against, because instead you have to make up positions for me.

5. #394 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Canada has the land area of the continental US with less total people than California and only slightly more than Texas. Anyone wanting to immigrate to Canada can easily do so. Australia has less people than Texas.
    I would first correct you on your immigration claim. Immigration to Canada is not easy, and anyone cannot do it. Sometimes it is easier than immigrating to America, but sometimes it is more difficult. They do limit immigration.

Canada and Australia both have large uninhabited areas, major cities, minor cities, suburbs, and rural areas like the USA. Technically they both have slightly more urban populations than the USA. But both have more hunting than the USA too.

AND THEY HAVE GUN CONTROL!!!

Gun control can co-exist with hunting, rural areas, and the rest.

6. #395 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    They don't have much freedom in Mexico and Canada.
    I am not going to argue about Mexico, but are you really claiming that Canadians do not have much freedom? Really?

7. #396 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think Congress should bring back dueling but, like so many of their laws, only they can do it. After awhile, all the idiots who don't play well with others would eventually be attrited.
    Just do it Saw style.

8. #397 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Just do it Saw style.
    Both of you are pussies.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

9. #398 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Both of you are pussies.
    When you decide to saw off your feet to escape, that makes you not a pussy.

10. #399 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

When you decide to saw off your feet to escape, that makes you not a pussy.
    Puss up bro, that's your future.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

11. #400 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am not going to argue about Mexico, but are you really claiming that Canadians do not have much freedom? Really?
    Can they own a .303 without many hassles? PS: I already know the answers to these questions.
    I have a couple Canadian friends, and 1 really good Newfie.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (01-21-2021), Lightbringer (01-21-2021)

13. #401 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Can they own a .303 without many hassles? PS: I already know the answers to these questions.
    I have a couple Canadian friends, and 1 really good Newfie.
    Actually, the answer might surprise you. A .303 is often a hunting rifle, and Canadians have done as much as they can to keep hunting rifles OK. It is handguns they have mainly gone after. As long as it is a bolt action, it would not be that much hassle.

And you said they "do not have much freedom". There are countries that do make it a pain in a neck to own a .303, is that the only freedom you can think of? There are other freedoms in society.

14. #402 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

The problem with figuring out if overwhelming security was needed or not is that it many times discourages terrorists from attacking. Maybe the Alt Right realized that they would be overwhelmed by the National Guard, and that is the reason they did not attack.

Even if it did not discourage an attack, I would almost always rather be over prepared than under prepared.
    I knew this would happen.......instead of admitting there was no risk, the mindless fucks will convince themselves they saved the country from civil war.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #403 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually, the best way to avoid getting killed by an idiot with a gun is to avoid contact with idiots with guns. It is not fool proof, but it is the best way.

You want me to respect the views of someone you admit is a dangerous idiot?

That is a little extreme, but it is time to remember that a militia is a military unit setup under the authority of the state. The "militia groups" are not really militias. The National Guard, and the state police are the real militias.

During the Whiskey Rebellion, George Washington used the military to crush unauthorized militias. One of the charges against Aaron Burr was he allegedly tried to setup unauthorized militias. The Mormons were run out of Missouri when they refused to disband unauthorized militias. This was not considered the joke many seem to think it is today. It was the equivalent of running around claiming to be a police officer.

See, I talk about getting universal background checks, which you apparently can not argue against, because instead you have to make up positions for me.
    Same with cars. I suggest moving your family to a place without streets so they are safe.

No. I'm saying just because I have more guns than you doesn't make me a dangerous idiot anymore than you having more rolling pins and rakes makes you one. Respect the views of lawful people. Throw the lawbreakers in jail.

Define "unauthorized militia". If a group is acting like a private army and attacking others, then I'd agree they are unlawful, unauthorized, complete fucking assholes, however you want to define it. What do you call a Nightwatch group that likes to use AR-15s and camo? A Nightwatch group. Rimshot.

There you go again, telling others what to think, making their minds up for them and then trying to jam legislation down their throats because of what you think they are thinking.

Back to me point: If people respect each other, they won't be attacking each other with rolling pins, cars, rakes or AR-15s. Your last statement proved you don't respect me or anyone else advocating for the rights of others when it comes to the Second Amendment and, by inference, the First Amendment.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

16. #404 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would first correct you on your immigration claim. Immigration to Canada is not easy, and anyone cannot do it. Sometimes it is easier than immigrating to America, but sometimes it is more difficult. They do limit immigration.

Canada and Australia both have large uninhabited areas, major cities, minor cities, suburbs, and rural areas like the USA. Technically they both have slightly more urban populations than the USA. But both have more hunting than the USA too.

AND THEY HAVE GUN CONTROL!!!

Gun control can co-exist with hunting, rural areas, and the rest.
    When I was up there it seemed wide open. Maybe things have changed over the past few years.

They're all also ass-kissing monarchists. The British monarchy gave them their freedom, they didn't shoot their way to it. Americans are different and that difference made us the #1 nation in the world in terms of economy, politics and military might. Viva la difference!

Canada and Australia are really nice. I think you'd like it there.

17. #405 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just do it Saw style.
    With chainsaws? That'd be good, but a bit messy. Maybe Opie would volunteer to help mop up after disagreements.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-21-2021)