Thread: 19-20-21. The National Guard Is Prepared

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Why? Because I have little respect for Gravy Seals(Alt Right people with no real military training, usually out of shape), or because I talk about possible future technologies?
    No. Just because you talk out your ass. About everything. If anyone would know about no real military training that would be you. I am sure the out of shape part goes right with it.

2. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Or picture a $50 drone, made in a garage, that could kill one to twenty people at a time (depending how closely clustered they are). $10k of those could kill most of a thousand clustered armed men.
    My point is that the $10K drone wouldn't necessarily kill 10 people much less a thousand.

Again, it all comes down to total weight. The weight of the drone plus the weight of its weapon. The $10K drone's payload was only about 3 lbs. A claymore is over 4 lbs including it's trigger. A claymore won't kill 1000 people. It could fuck up a lot, maybe kill 20-30.

Consider the Tsarnaev boys and the size of their homemade pressure cooker bombs. Just a guess, but those things probably weighed 10-20 lbs yet two devices killed three and wounded under 300(?).

Drones are great weapons but building one that can carry a claymore and detonate it on target is going to cost a lot of money. A truck bomb is cheaper and more effective.

Obviously anyone who does such a thing against Americans is an evil bastard who needs to be shot. I'm just pointing this out so people don't freak out over nothing. I'm more concerned about being taken out by a tired trucker or a texting teen than I am of a terrorist asshole with a drone.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

One good thing Trump did is that many young men will join national guard to defend against white nationalist domestic terrorists.
    Best recruiting tool ever. Thanks Trump!

4. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why? Because I have little respect for Gravy Seals(Alt Right people with no real military training, usually out of shape), or because I talk about possible future technologies?
    Let's be clear; a six year old with a loaded Glock is dangerous to anyone within range. Yes, the Alt-Right crazies should be respected as should anything that is dangerous.

A person who is working on his running car and doesn't respect the dangers, such as his tie getting caught in the fanbelt is going to be taught a very hard lesson of about respect.

That said, these militia assholes are crazies with loaded weapons are dangerous and should be respected in that regard. Yes, they aren't a match for a squad of Marines, but neither are the terrorists who died on 9/11 or attacked the Hotel Mumbai.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-20-2021)

6. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    One good thing Trump did is that many young men will join national guard to defend against white nationalist domestic terrorists.
    Best recruiting tool ever. Thanks Trump!
    Mostly Republican men. LOL

7. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

This just in!

"Just over 1,000 people will attend the event Credit: TikTok"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/137709...r-trump-covid/

25K National guard for 1000 people. PWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

8. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    This just in!

"Just over 1,000 people will attend the event Credit: TikTok"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/137709...r-trump-covid/

25K National guard for 1000 people. PWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    They’re good Scouts, always be prepared!

9. #323 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    They’re good Scouts, always be prepared!
    Prepared for what? The smallest inauguration turnout crowd ever?
    I bet there was more at George Washington's! LOLOLOLOLOLO!

10. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Prepared for what? The smallest inauguration turnout crowd ever?
    I bet there was more at George Washington's! LOLOLOLOLOLO!
    Sigh, good night Matt, your thickness in the cranium is ruining my buzz.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-20-2021)

12. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Sigh, good night Matt, your thickness in the cranium is ruining my buzz.
    Doh! Is it my thickness, or the cold, hard facts?

Just smoke another.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 01-20-2021 at 07:48 PM.

13. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    No. Just because you talk out your ass. About everything. If anyone would know about no real military training that would be you. I am sure the out of shape part goes right with it.
    Again, I am not claiming to have military training, but I can spot other people who have no military training.

14. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The $10K drone's payload was only about 3 lbs.
    And the $50 drone has a payload of about 2.2 pounds(or one kilogram). That is easily a hand grenade, actually four hand grenades. It would be more likely a EID like hand grenade, that could kill between one and twenty people. The EID might not be a combination between a hand grenade and a claymore. It would destroy the drone in the process, but even for an insurgent operation could afford that.

We are getting to the point with off the shelf parts, and open source software, you could have such a drone flying itself, and coordinating with other drones. For the $10k a government might buy one drone with, a relatively small operation could buy a fleet of 200 drones that could attack any crowd out in the open.

A truck bomb is cheaper and more effective.
    A truck bomb needs to be delivered. So lets say you want to get it into Manhattan, you have to get it through a tunnel or a bridge, and then into the exact area that you want to hit. All along, they are taking pictures of you.

Then it is a very centralized bombing. There is a reason many times weapons designers use cluster bombs. It spreads out the carnage. Smart drones working in concert would really spread out the carnage very accurately.

Imagine releasing 200 smart drones, 50 miles away. It is something that could actually be gotten away with... Maybe.

Or maybe not. I am speaking in terms of possible futures, not definite futures. I know there are people working on open source projects like this, but do not know how far they have gone. I certainly hope this is not the future.

I'm more concerned about being taken out by a tired trucker or a texting teen than I am of a terrorist asshole with a drone.
    Now that is completely true. Terrorists are nowhere near as dangerous as just normal cars.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-20-2021)

16. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Let's be clear; a six year old with a loaded Glock is dangerous to anyone within range. Yes, the Alt-Right crazies should be respected as should anything that is dangerous.
    I would not use the word "respected." They are very similar to a 3 year old with a gun, dangerous to everyone, including themselves. In fact, they have crashing life expectancies, because they are extreme dangers to themselves.

A person who is working on his running car and doesn't respect the dangers, such as his tie getting caught in the fanbelt is going to be taught a very hard lesson of about respect.
    On a similar point, people are always telling me they are worried about terrorism when they go to London, when the real danger is not looking both ways. You really do not realize how used you are to cars driving on the right hand side, but British cars drive on the left. This actually kills a lot of people.

17. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    What about dropping dangerous viruses?
    Bioweapons are very light. Weaponization by aerosoles it is a problem for garage terrorists. Even so, the point of terrorism is to terrorize. So just attempting it is enough to be an effective terror weapon even if it fails. The big thing in that case is to make it fly. To terrorize the public with the feasibility of the attack.

I've been to Israel twice. Israelis have a very different attitude about terrorism than Americans. Americans are terrorized. Exhibit 1 9/11. Exhibit 2 the Anthrax scare. Exhibit 3 Boston Marathon bombings. For some reason I don't recall the same level of social concern over Oklahoma or the 1993 WTC bombing. Maybe it was because all the adults had grown up with nuclear annihilation as a primary concern, not be whacked by some asshole in a truck.

IMHO, this is another area for critical thinking; specifically having more people understanding the larger perspective than simply their own tiny part of it. When people realize the larger perspective, the nearly infinitesimal chance they'll be killed by terrorists, they can be more logical about the matter. Of course, like the real estate people say, "Location, Location, Location", the odds of a terrorist hitting a government or large business building is much higher than a small town library.

Again the perspective of the larger picture. Terrorists, foreign or domestic, are assholes and can be shot on sight once identified. As long as most Americans are strong enough to think more about stopping or killing the terrorists than about being killed by them, our nation will be fine.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-20-2021)

19. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would not use the word "respected." They are very similar to a 3 year old with a gun, dangerous to everyone, including themselves. In fact, they have crashing life expectancies, because they are extreme dangers to themselves.

On a similar point, people are always telling me they are worried about terrorism when they go to London, when the real danger is not looking both ways. You really do not realize how used you are to cars driving on the right hand side, but British cars drive on the left. This actually kills a lot of people.
    What word would you use? We're agreed about the dangers. I was simply trying to understand a common perspective regarding the militias in many ways. Yes, some can be dangerous.

Did you follow the war in Syria and the US part of it? The US tried to work with the "good" rebels in order to influence both the outcome of who the rebels were as a group and the outcome of the war itself. The fucking Republicans shit their usual brick for opposing Obama instead of understanding the larger perspective. They fucked the US by handing over more influence in the region to the fucking Russians and fucking ISIS.

You, sir, seem to be pushing the Republican perspective of "all Muslims bad" with the perspective of "all militias bad". Some certainly are, but if the Democrats push some bullshit like banning militias, they will never see unity.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-20-2021)