Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Franken stealing election.... Desh will be on him soon..

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    If there aren't any marks for Senator then the only obvious choice is a no-vote for that race. I left the Presidential slot blank intentionally as I did not want to vote for any of the candidates. If some idiot came back and determined that I 'intended' to vote for someone I would be pissed.

granted we had electronic voting machines that did not have paper ballots so who knows... maybe I did vote for someone.... right Desh?
    I also didn't vote for President in this election. I thought of voting Barr, but then the Libertarians didn't deserve my vote after picking that idiot as their candidate.

We had paper on our touch screen voting machine, if we had to hand count it would be there. Most people in our area used the optical scanner though. We use a better version, IMO, than the one used that they are talking about in the story.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    Hey SF, can we agree to just wait until the recount of St. Louis county is complete before throwing out these allegations of fraud? Please. I'm growing very tired of you repeating this canard.
    Hey Dung... this entire thread was started to poke fun at Desh as had this been reversed and narrowed ground for a Rep, she would be on here screaming bloody murder.

That said, it is highly unlikely for someone to make the EXACT SAME MISTAKE in two races. It is also statistically improbable for the 'mistakes' in intitial reporting to go in favor of one candidate.

Lastly, if you don't like the discussion, then you are free to quit posting on the thread that discusses this topic. So quit friggin whining about it. You are FREE to CHOOSE to ignore this thread.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I also didn't vote for President in this election. I thought of voting Barr, but then the Libertarians didn't deserve my vote after picking that idiot as their candidate.

We had paper on our touch screen voting machine, if we had to hand count it would be there. Most people in our area used the optical scanner though. We use a better version, IMO, than the one used that they are talking about in the story.

Just yesterday you told me you use the same machines . . .

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey Dung... this entire thread was started to poke fun at Desh as had this been reversed and narrowed ground for a Rep, she would be on here screaming bloody murder.

That said, it is highly unlikely for someone to make the EXACT SAME MISTAKE in two races. It is also statistically improbable for the 'mistakes' in intitial reporting to go in favor of one candidate.

Lastly, if you don't like the discussion, then you are free to quit posting on the thread that discusses this topic. So quit friggin whining about it. You are FREE to CHOOSE to ignore this thread.

I was just hoping for some intellectual honesty from you. Apparently it is too much to ask. Carry on . . .

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/81826

"Are we really supposed to believe there were 482 legitimate errors by voters, or a lesser number combined with legitimate counting errors, that all came in one contest and all in one direction? And that at the same time there were virtually no errors in all other contests and none benefitting any other Senate candidates?
    Are you serious?

There could be thousands of errors and you have you pick of past elections to prove it.

If it walks, talks and smells like cheating, it's cheating. And sadly, there isn't anyone in a position to stop this that isn't a partisan Democrat and therefore willing to ignore or abet the effort so as to produce the result they personally want."

More at link...
    So you agree that the elections of 2000 and 2004 that "elected" George Bush was cheating?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

By the way, the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed page is continuing to reprint lies and refuses to acknowledge its past lies in its offering today. I refuse to link to it, but it is precisely why it is a stinking cesspool.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 729 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 152 Times in 139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Are you serious?

There could be thousands of errors and you have you pick of past elections to prove it.

So you agree that the elections of 2000 and 2004 that "elected" George Bush was cheating?
    "More than three decades apart, two political riots influenced the outcome of U.S. presidential elections. In 1968, protests at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago hurt Democrat Hubert Humphrey and helped Republican Richard Nixon eke out a victory. On Nov. 22, 2000, the so-called “Brooks Brothers Riot” of Republican activists helped stop a vote recount in Miami -- and showed how far George W. Bush’s supporters were ready to go to put their man in the White House.

But the government reaction to the two events was dramatically different. The clashes between police and Vietnam War protesters in 1968 led the Nixon administration to charge seven anti-war radicals with “conspiring to cross state lines with the intent to incite a riot.” The defendants, who became known as the Chicago Seven, were later acquitted of conspiracy charges, in part, because the protests were loosely organized and because solid documentary evidence was lacking.

After the Miami “Brooks Brothers Riot” – named after the protesters’ preppie clothing – no government action was taken beyond the police rescuing several Democrats who were surrounded and roughed up by the rioters. While no legal charges were filed against the Republicans, newly released documents show that at least a half dozen of the publicly identified rioters were paid by Bush’s recount committee..."
    http://www.consortiumnews.com/2002/080502a.html

Cheating? I don't see no cheating! I don't have to show you no cheating!
    Whine some more about Democrats cheating! Please! It makes my day! I love it when neocon Republicons whine. Get some psychiatric help.
    War Is Peace
    Freedom Is Slavery
    Ignorance Is Strength

George Orwell

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

LMAO... wrong Desh, they used optical scanners in MN. They simply made an 'error' when reporting Frankens numbers.... oddly, they made the EXACT same 'error' for Obama. Also, if I recall correctly, this is a town that favored Dems and was run by them. If that is correct, I seriously doubt they tried to shaft both Franken and Obama.

Optical scanners can be manipulated too.

Its is one of the problems that needs to be addressed.

Paper trails will tell the tale now wont they?

If Someone cheated the paper trail will provide the truth.

Funny you think that an original number that leaned for the R and under scrutiny is proving MORE votes for the Dem is somehow Dems cheating.

Twisted logic that one SF.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crashk View Post
    "More than three decades apart, two political riots influenced the outcome of U.S. presidential elections. In 1968, protests at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago hurt Democrat Hubert Humphrey and helped Republican Richard Nixon eke out a victory. On Nov. 22, 2000, the so-called “Brooks Brothers Riot” of Republican activists helped stop a vote recount in Miami -- and showed how far George W. Bush’s supporters were ready to go to put their man in the White House.

But the government reaction to the two events was dramatically different. The clashes between police and Vietnam War protesters in 1968 led the Nixon administration to charge seven anti-war radicals with “conspiring to cross state lines with the intent to incite a riot.” The defendants, who became known as the Chicago Seven, were later acquitted of conspiracy charges, in part, because the protests were loosely organized and because solid documentary evidence was lacking.

After the Miami “Brooks Brothers Riot” – named after the protesters’ preppie clothing – no government action was taken beyond the police rescuing several Democrats who were surrounded and roughed up by the rioters. While no legal charges were filed against the Republicans, newly released documents show that at least a half dozen of the publicly identified rioters were paid by Bush’s recount committee..."
    http://www.consortiumnews.com/2002/080502a.html

Cheating? I don't see no cheating! I don't have to show you no cheating!
    Whine some more about Democrats cheating! Please! It makes my day! I love it when neocon Republicons whine. Get some psychiatric help.
    You misread my post.

I was one of the loudest voices in the country on voting fraud by republicans.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    By the way, the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed page is continuing to reprint lies and refuses to acknowledge its past lies in its offering today. I refuse to link to it, but it is precisely why it is a stinking cesspool.
    So you refuse to do this:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122722771153246225.html

But you sit quietly reading it to yourself stewing and burning getting all mad? Are you afraid we'll all succumb, as you did, to anger or are you afraid that everybody else will actually read it?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Optical scanners can be manipulated too.

Its is one of the problems that needs to be addressed.

Paper trails will tell the tale now wont they?

If Someone cheated the paper trail will provide the truth.

Funny you think that an original number that leaned for the R and under scrutiny is proving MORE votes for the Dem is somehow Dems cheating.

Twisted logic that one SF.
    Desh, I have stated all along that I would prefer that we use electronic machines that had a paper trail.

The number was 'mis-reported' meaning the machines counted a certain number of votes and the people reporting them wrote down the wrong number. For them to have 'mis-reported' two contests in the exact same manner is not likely. Only time will tell for sure, but had this gone the other way you know you would be bitching about how the Reps were trying to "cheat".
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But you sit quietly reading it to yourself stewing and burning getting all mad? Are you afraid we'll all succumb, as you did, to anger or are you afraid that everybody else will actually read it?
    "The state attorney general's office ruled against a canvassing board delay, finding that certification was purely an administrative function and that any question of absentee ballots ought to be left to the courts. The problem is that at least one court has entertained this Franken ploy. Ramsey County Judge Dale Lindman this week ordered county officials to give Mr. Franken a list of voters who had cast rejected absentee ballots.

Put aside that these ballots have already been ruled on by trained election judges. Put aside, too, the invasion of voter privacy. The real problem of allowing Mr. Franken to conduct his own voter discovery operation is that this is changing the rules after the election has been held. The gambit introduces subjective judgment and political pressure into a voting process that is supposed to be immune to both."

So nice that voters now have to endure politicians calling them or visiting them at home to see how they intended to vote on the secret ballot.
    Quote from Cypress:

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Keep in mind, anytime in the future that anyone cites anything from moveon.org or commondreams or huffington post etc... it is now acceptable to simply denounce them for being left wing hacks and not address any of the issues authors on their site might bring up. Just call them liars etc... and moveon.
    Quote from Cypress:

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Keep in mind, anytime in the future that anyone cites anything from moveon.org or commondreams or huffington post etc... it is now acceptable to simply denounce them for being left wing hacks and not address any of the issues authors on their site might bring up. Just call them liars etc... and moveon.

You're such a douchebag. I addressed the factual inaccuracies in the original thread that you posted on this subject which you ignored.

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

well i live in MN and not a dig fan of colman... but i cant belive that many people actuly voted for a fraud like frankinstine...but then again this is the state where we put vatura in office....

frakin will do whatever it takes to win no matter if its leagle ornot... he is running as a dem, he gets a free pass on leagle issues here.