Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Franken stealing election.... Desh will be on him soon..

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    I certainly hope they can steal it, because O'Reilly can't friggin' stand Franken; he's one of those guys where he can't even say his name. If Franken's a Senator, he'll lose it...
    He's not alone. Franken makes me want to puke too.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,760 Times in 27,235 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    He's not alone. Franken makes me want to puke too.
    What policies of Franken's make you want to puke?

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Why?
    Because he is yet another over the top moron, just like O'Reilly, Hannity etc...

To be clear, yes I would agree that he has a good capacity for intellect, he just doesn't exercise it. He acts like a petulent moron instead.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Because he is yet another over the top moron, just like O'Reilly, Hannity etc...

To be clear, yes I would agree that he has a good capacity for intellect, he just doesn't exercise it. He acts like a petulent moron instead.
    Example?

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    What policies of Franken's make you want to puke?
    did he SAY it was Frankens 'policies' that made him want to puke lawyer boy?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Example?
    Listen to his show on Air America, oops... wait... are they still around?
    Quote from Cypress:

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

did he SAY it was Frankens 'policies' that made him want to puke lawyer boy?
    Oh so it has nothing to do with what he will do as a legislator just that you don't like him?

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Super its a hand count and maybe you should wonder why it was Franken votes that were left off the table after the election?

You may be right they may have cheated Franken.
    LMAO... wrong Desh, they used optical scanners in MN. They simply made an 'error' when reporting Frankens numbers.... oddly, they made the EXACT same 'error' for Obama. Also, if I recall correctly, this is a town that favored Dems and was run by them. If that is correct, I seriously doubt they tried to shaft both Franken and Obama.
    Quote from Cypress:

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh so it has nothing to do with what he will do as a legislator just that you don't like him?
    Given that he has never held public office, I do not KNOW what he will do as a legislator. It would be the same if O'Reilly was elected. I know which side of the fence they both sit on, but I have know idea how either would react to the DC environment. So yes, it is an opinion based on what I have heard from the two idiots.
    Quote from Cypress:

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

No the voters should be instructed on what to do if they accidentally mark the wrong choice and then want to change it.

Every legal voter should have every chance to vote.
    They didn't follow directions, now it is up to lawyers and judges to try to interpret the meaning of two marks in two different bubbles for the same election. They should just get thrown out. They had their chance to vote.
    * Annoy a Republican, think for yourself.
    * Annoy a Democrat, support yourself.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag View Post
    They didn't follow directions, now it is up to lawyers and judges to try to interpret the meaning of two marks in two different bubbles for the same election. They should just get thrown out. They had their chance to vote.
    I always hate the psychic determination inherent in hand counting. As people challenge and argue trying to divine the exact intent of some idiot who voted for both candidates or who didn't vote for Senator but voted the rest of the ballot.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #43 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

If I am not mistaken, and I may be, Franken is not a fan of private gun ownership. That is a big issue for me.

I also think he is behind Gore on the Global Warming issue. If he is behind it based on actual accurate info, then I am fine with that. If he is backing Gore on this issue and using the bogus numbers we have seen, or ignoring the data that disagrees with the Gore models, I have a problem with that.

Other than that, I am fine with Franken. He dislikes O'Reilly, so he obviously has some taste.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I always hate the psychic determination inherent in hand counting. As people challenge and argue trying to divine the exact intent of some idiot who voted for both candidates or who didn't vote for Senator but voted the rest of the ballot.
    If there aren't any marks for Senator then the only obvious choice is a no-vote for that race. I left the Presidential slot blank intentionally as I did not want to vote for any of the candidates. If some idiot came back and determined that I 'intended' to vote for someone I would be pissed.

granted we had electronic voting machines that did not have paper ballots so who knows... maybe I did vote for someone.... right Desh?
    Quote from Cypress:

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

LMAO... wrong Desh, they used optical scanners in MN. They simply made an 'error' when reporting Frankens numbers.... oddly, they made the EXACT same 'error' for Obama. Also, if I recall correctly, this is a town that favored Dems and was run by them. If that is correct, I seriously doubt they tried to shaft both Franken and Obama.

Hey SF, can we agree to just wait until the recount of St. Louis county is complete before throwing out these allegations of fraud? Please. I'm growing very tired of you repeating this canard.