Thread: Impeachment but non-removal

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,305 Times in 10,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    How many constitutional and institutional norms have been run over by Trump?

He’s a traitor and an enemy of democracy. The point is, 61, to send a message to future dictator wannabees, that you can’t run from abuse of power at ANY time.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

It may *seem* important to you and all the liberal talking heads that talk back and forth to one another but there are 70 million voters who might want to have a say in it.

This is supposed to be a constitutional republic that isn’t guided [ruled, actually] by the whims of a mob. The constitution stipulates that only a sitting president can be convicted and removed from office. Common sense says the same thing.

Enough with making up the rules as we go along ‘cuz Trump’. You goof balls have done enough damage already.
    The damage done to our nation is all Trump, 61, thank goodness ness he didn’t get another four years.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

BartenderElite (01-18-2021)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,342 Times in 6,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Have you ever known a modern day Democrat politician that has actually finished something? They are good at talking shit, stirring things up and then running on to the next "crisis". Never finishing a job. They know their constituents have the attention span of a flea and they capitalize on that.
    The Democrats have won the popular vote in seven out of the last eight presidential Elections.
    Seems like America likes 'The Modern Day Democrat' even though you don't.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    no incitement. he advocated they go to the Capitol and fight for their country.
    I've heard the same about "fight for civil rights" at Capitol/Mall demonstrations

As usual "Orange man bad" is the Dems level of thought -but the blame is on the rioters -not Trump
    They conjured it.

Or if they want to play that game, ask them who incited the Floyd riots.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Did Trump have the IC run informants on the Biden campaign while we weren’t watching?
    Was the Biden campaign in close communication with Russian agents?

No. The Biden campaign was not.

Was the Trump campaign in close communication with Russian agents?

Yes, it was.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    How many constitutional and institutional norms have been run over by Trump?

He’s a traitor and an enemy of democracy. The point is, 61, to send a message to future dictator wannabees, that you can’t run from abuse of power at ANY time.
    How many times was Trump’s FBI reprimanded for *abusing power*? Just for starters.

And they pretty much got away with it, huh?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,259 Times in 7,142 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

If Impeaching Donald Trump don't have any significance as you suggest- THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TRUMPTARDED IDIOTS ALL STEWING IN YOUR OWN SHIT ABOUT IT?

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

IMPEACHMENT IS A DUTY OF CONGRESS- A DUTY TO THIS NATION- AND CONGRESS IS VOWED TO THE CONSTITUTION AND THIS NATION TO INVOKE IT TO REMOVE A PRESIDENT THAT DOES NOT UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION, AND COMMITS HIGH CRIMES AGAINST THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

If Republican Senator Leader Mitch McConnell did not violate his oath of office by not convicting DOnald Trump a year ago during Donald Trump's first impeachment, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM OFFICE THEN AND YOU REPUBLICANS WOULD HAVE HAD TO SELECT SOMEONE THAT COULD HAVE ACTUALLY WON THE 2020 ELECTION FOR THE REPUBLICANS.

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SUCKERS! YOU GOT WHAT YOU Deserved! LOSERS!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 01-18-2021 at 08:58 AM.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

What's the "point"?

It's just the right thing to do. Trump's rhetoric almost ended the republic. Democrats (and some Republicans) are acting on principle - not calculating what would be better for them in the next election.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

Fucking bullshit. There are virtually no moderates that don't support impeachment. I would rather not ever for a Democrat again, but the GOP's support and enabling of Trump has made me weary of them ever holding any power. If the President can foment an attack on the congress, and congress does not impeach him then congress is not the superior branch it was intended to be (coequal is a myth).

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    What's the "point"?

It's just the right thing to do. Trump's rhetoric almost ended the republic. Democrats (and some Republicans) are acting on principle - not calculating what would be better for them in the next election.
    Isn’t preventing Trump from winning the next election the whole point lol?

And please, enough with democrats ‘acting on principle’. After the last four years that’s like a punch line to a bad joke. While I’m at, I reject the premise that Trump ‘caused’ anyone to riot. I refuse to play these games any more. The only *actual evidence* there is of anyone ‘causing people to riot’ is the leftist joker who videoed himself provoking others to act unlawfully.

And where is he? Out on bail. Probably has a damn GoFundMe and you want to ‘post remove’ Trump from an office he won’t even be occupying for something you can’t even prove he’s guilty of.

I’ve had enough of this nonsense.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

And please, enough with democrats ‘acting on principle’. After the last four years that’s like a punch line to a bad joke. While I’m at, I reject the premise that Trump ‘caused’ anyone to riot. I refuse to play these games any more. The only *actual evidence* there is of anyone ‘causing people to riot’ is the leftist joker who videoed himself provoking others to act unlawfully.

And where is he? Out on bail. Probably has a damn GoFundMe and you want to ‘post remove’ Trump from an office he won’t even be occupying for something you can’t even prove he’s guilty of.

We've had enough of criminal Trump.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I can't even comprehend the bolded.

Of course Trump was responsible for what happened. On every single level. The idea that he isn't accountable for that is preposterous.

His rhetoric is a textbook case for incitement.

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I can't even comprehend the bolded.

Of course Trump was responsible for what happened. On every single level. The idea that he isn't accountable for that is preposterous.

His rhetoric is a textbook case for incitement.
    You’re trying to impeach him on rhetoric.

The only reason anyone [that isn’t already determined to impeach] is going along or will go along with it is for sheer politics. Being on the ‘otherside’ of Trump is the political sweet spot right right now. The other reason is they don’t want to be on the wrong side of it.

It’s one of the reasons congress has a 26% approval rating.

If Democrats want to start with impeaching people for ‘incitement’ I would suggest they give Kamala Harris a glance. I seem to recall she ‘incited the rioters’ last summer by the exact same standard that’s being applied to Trump.

Or is this one of those ‘oh, but that’s different’ moments? Or it is because inciting BLM protesters to riot is ‘ok’?

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You’re trying to impeach him on rhetoric.

The only reason anyone [that isn’t already determined to impeach] is going along or will go along with it is for sheer politics. Being on the ‘otherside’ of Trump is the political sweet spot right right now. The other reason is they don’t want to be on the wrong side of it.

It’s one of the reasons congress has a 26% approval rating.

If Democrats want to start with impeaching people for ‘incitement’ I would suggest they give Kamala Harris a glance. I seem to recall she ‘incited the rioters’ last summer by the exact same standard that’s being applied to Trump.

Or is this one of those ‘oh, but that’s different’ moments? Or it is because inciting BLM protesters to riot is ‘ok’?
    The whataboutism is off the charts since 1/6.

Harris denounced the riots. She was encouraging protest.

And nothing related to BLM came close to resembling an insurrection at our Capitol. They actually showed a guy yesterday right outside the chamber during the riot saying, "we may as well set up a new government now."

There is literally zero comparison, whatsoever. There is a reason Presidential candidates concede elections when they lose them. It's not easy to do, but it's the only way to heal the country after a hard-fought contest. Trump went the opposite direction, and we saw the results last Wednesday.

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,305 Times in 10,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many times was Trump’s FBI reprimanded for *abusing power*? Just for starters.

And they pretty much got away with it, huh?
    But, but, but whatabout......?

Loser