Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you impeach a former president ?

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    NYC doesn't want him. Mar A Lago isn't a viable option legally. He can purchase that property in a Fla. gated community that Javanka did. Maybe they'll give him a good price?

Because that community doesn't allow Jews...or despots.

Maybe the pillow monger will set up a spread for him in that Chinese pillow factory?
    It depends on the wording of the contract in Mar-A-Lago. Since all of the stuff he stole from the WH is being moved into MAL, I suspect he plans on living there.

What I'm curious about is if any moving vans are parked outside Trump Tower, mostly with hat and shoe boxes.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Althea (01-19-2021), PoliTalker (01-19-2021)

3. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Yeah, but it has to be processing new information. Insult contests do not qualify.
    Just the activity is good, but I agree actually processing new ideas and information is the best way to minimize loss of brain function. Learning a new craft or skill is better.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-19-2021)

5. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Before I leave I'd like PIMP to know that he is the fucking dumbest poster on the board, and that's saying a lot.
    Damn, that guy never says anything interesting or witty even by accident.

6. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    NYC doesn't want him. Mar A Lago isn't a viable option legally. He can purchase that property in a Fla. gated community that Javanka did. Maybe they'll give him a good price?

Because that community doesn't allow Jews...or despots.

Maybe the pillow monger will set up a spread for him in that Chinese pillow factory?
    Ivanka and Jared are Jews. If the community in which they just bought doesn't allow Jews, the just broke their own rules.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 01-19-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    so all you commie fucks want to silence someone....Attachment 18783
    Nope, just the ones that spread lies about a pandemic that costs people their lives, and those that claim an election was stolen without the slightest thread of facts to back that up, and those that spread traitorous calls for rebellion against the USA.
    Thing is they are not being silenced and their 1st A rights are still in place, but one cannot expect is that those that own private social media sites to be forced to allow people to use their platform to spread their lies and treason, plus they are still free to use one that allows it.
    I am a firm believer in the 1st A, and I also believe that while we are guaranteed the right to free speech we are not guaranteed that there will be no consequences for having exercised that right to speak.

8. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Nope, just the ones that spread lies about a pandemic that costs people their lives, and those that claim an election was stolen without the slightest thread of facts to back that up, and those that spread traitorous calls for rebellion against the USA.
    Thing is they are not being silenced and their 1st A rights are still in place, but one cannot expect is that those that own private social media sites to be forced to allow people to use their platform to spread their lies and treason, plus they are still free to use one that allows it.
    I am a firm believer in the 1st A, and I also believe that while we are guaranteed the right to free speech we are not guaranteed that there will be no consequences for having exercised that right to speak.
    you fucking liberals started this virus... you fucking liberals started this violence this past summer using antifa and blm...
    you fuckers do realize that without the 2nd you don't have the first...

9. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you fucking liberals started this virus... you fucking liberals started this violence this past summer using antifa and blm...
    you fuckers do realize that without the 2nd you don't have the first...
    Nope the virus originated in China and we have done a dismal job of dealing with it. No one from the Left stormed the Capital or tried stopping the Congress from fulfilling their duty to uphold the Constitution and thus committed an act of Sedition .
    I am a firm believer in the 2nd and probably own more firearms than you or the Vast majority of posters on this site, so much for that BS.
    Now run along and go live in your fantasy world.

10. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope the virus originated in China and we have done a dismal job of dealing with it. No one from the Left stormed the Capital or tried stopping the Congress from fulfilling their duty to uphold the Constitution and thus committed an act of Sedition .
    I am a firm believer in the 2nd and probably own more firearms than you or the Vast majority of posters on this site, so much for that BS.
    Now run along and go live in your fantasy world.
    you are a pussyboy lying POS coward... liberals started this shit... we will see who finishes it!!!

11. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you are a pussyboy lying POS coward... liberals started this shit... we will see who finishes it!!!
    Oh, am absolutely sure that you are full of shit, there no need to prove it.

You have fun now, the sandbox is that way >>>>>>>

12. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

no one has been impeached and no one will be impeached, stop it
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

13. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, am absolutely sure that you are full of shit, there no need to prove it.

You have fun now, the sandbox is that way >>>>>>>
    I'll bury you in the sandbox pussy

14. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Congress has the right to give US citizenship to whoever they want. They gave citizenship to William Penn, a man who died nearly a century before the US was founded, and showed no interest in having any other citizenship other than English. It was a silly, meaningless gesture... But completely constitutional. Even beyond being constitutional, because it is so absurd, and meaningless, the Supreme Court will not touch it. They do not bother with rules until they have a real world effect.

So what happens if William Penn is impeached. Reminder, he is dead, did not want to be an American, nor hold any American office, did not even know the United States would exist, etc. If you wanted to challenge that in court, you would have to convince the Supreme Court to take on a case of no meaning. Which they will not do.

trump has meaning. trump could run in 2024, so impeachment would take that away. So he would have to go to the Supreme Court, claim Congress acted absurdly, and then reverse the claim and say it had great meaning. It is not for the Supreme Court to review whether the actions of Congress are good or not, so they cannot review whether trump should be banned from running in 2024.
    Last try:

Of course the SC can review it if they choose to review it. The SC, not Congress, decides what actions taken pursuant to The Constitution will or won't be reviewed.

What do you suppose would happen if the Senate convicted Trump, banning him from running again, on the theory that the Removal Clause applies not only to sitting Presidents
    but also to former Presidents when impeached before they left office? (This by the way is what distinguishes Trump from the other former Presidents I brought up). Trump would appeal is what would happen.

The SC would then lay down the law on the question we are debating and the Senate would suck it up. Could get the result it wanted or maybe not.

15. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll bury you in the sandbox pussy
    Sure ya will, Skippy, let us know when you grow up....

16. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure ya will, Skippy, let us know when you grow up....
    you will be the first to know asshole

17. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you will be the first to know asshole
    You have used up your allocated time for today, try again on Wednesday afternoon, when President Biden is office and the POS trump is nothing more than bad History with a mountain of legal problems.
    See ya then, Skippy.....