Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you impeach a former president ?

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You are not actually quoting the Constitution, but rather just posting insults against those who do quote the Constitution.

You believe this is a waste of taxpayer money. You might be right. Questions over what is the best way to spend the taxpayers money is up to the Congress, and being "wasteful" is not a question for the Supreme Court.
    well it seems democrats have now said that the only reason they are doing this is so Trump can't run in 2024... SUCK IT BITCH

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I'm content to let the Gods of the Fates determine karma, but it never hurts to put in a request.

Where he'll be in a year is anyone's guess, but I'm guessing health will put a damper on his public appearances.
    NYC doesn't want him. Mar A Lago isn't a viable option legally. He can purchase that property in a Fla. gated community that Javanka did. Maybe they'll give him a good price?

Because that community doesn't allow Jews...or despots.

Maybe the pillow monger will set up a spread for him in that Chinese pillow factory?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    You aren't saying anything to challenge, that was my point.

You are putting out a lot of words but just rambling on about irrelevant crap.
    Read the thread. You don't mind if I call you Abby, do you?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Less than 24 Hours to go.
    IOW...less than 500 pardons to go.

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It's up to the new POTUS to decide the intel. Biden will def. take that away, as trump cannot be trusted not to sell top secret info to our enemies. The running joke is that it's a damned good thing that trump hasn't had any briefings in months.

But, they also get a rather generous annual travel expense account, office with staff, pension, etc. That can all be taken away. Unfortunately, the SS detail is separate and will still apply.

https://www.ntu.org/foundation/tax-p...idents-archive
    Yeah, take all that stuff away. It would be an insult to the majority of taxpayers to pay for that, and he no longer deserves it.

I agree the SS protection should continue. We don't want him to be snapped up and taken by a foreign power and pressured to give up what he knows.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (01-19-2021)

7. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

As Trump's delusions manifest themselves more strongly, once out of power, he'll quickly be sidelined. Too crazy to trust with the world's greatest economic system and military, donchano'

Agreed on the Republicans unfucking themselves, but that's going to take some time since the Trumpazoids are still screaming too loudly.

The Democrats have a similar problem with radical elements within their own party. You know, those who want complete unconditional surrender from the Republicans or they will nuke the Republican bastards a couple times. Some Democrats never change. LOL.
    Agreed the views of the radicals of both sides need to be suppressed. The problem with the internet and social media is the wildest views which never got much attention are now getting it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Agreed. My money is that Trump will be as obscured from view in 3+ years as Reagan was after the 1988 election.
    Republicans have a habit of taking out the trash. Trump was a RINO from the beginning.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-19-2021)

10. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Congress refused to let the Nixon Library into the Presidential Library system, with all the taxpayer money that entails, because they did not trust Nixon with public documents. When he died, they finally let his library in.

Why trust trump with a library, office, etc? Obviously, he can get his own, but not with taxpayer money.
    Best case, it will be a prison inmate project.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Walt (01-19-2021)

12. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

trump barely won in '16 because just enough Independents didn't know what a liar/fraud he is. Sure, there were quite a few Bernie voters who opted for trump out of spite to Hillary, but in 4 years the former will know more about him than we do now.

The only thing that gets trump elected if he did run, would be a gross violation of voting rights. That will get better under Biden, not worse.
    Republican States full of Trump fans control most of the voting rights issues.

13. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,024 Times in 8,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    well it seems democrats have now said that the only reason they are doing this is so Trump can't run in 2024... SUCK IT BITCH
    That is the only punishment available to an impeachment conviction right now. It is the reason Democrats, AND REPUBLICANS are considering it still.

14. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is the only punishment available to an impeachment conviction right now. It is the reason Democrats, AND REPUBLICANS are considering it still.
    so all you commie fucks want to silence someone....139743419_10218465706856589_4347048518684306442_o.jpg

15. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

I used to fear I would go from Alzheimer's, but then I realized I love to watch TV, and never have the time to do it... Maybe that would work, and maybe not.
    I think the trick to avoid Alzheimer's is to continue to try new things that challenge the mind. If you let yourself fall into too much of a steady routine with no new mental challenge then you stop testing your brain to develop those new synapses.

Things that you've always done don't expand your mind.

When Glen Campbell began to lose touch with reality and unable to retain any short term memory, he was still able to play excellent music. He even went on tour and created his final recordings after his diagnosis.

16. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

On top of that you can stack the severe stress he's suffering right now because his delusions re. being adored by everyone are being destroyed. He honestly cannot believe that he isn't the beloved character that his family pretends (for the inheritance) that he is. That alone will kill him unless he gets to hold Klan rallies with his adoring fans.

Unfortunately, he has to pay for them now.
    He still has a strong following that would probably pay to hear him at this point.

If we recall, he went from "I am going to self-finance my entire campaign, so you won't even have to donate, and you know I won't be selling out to big money corporations" to "Donate now, help stop the steal."

Seems like it would be child's play to go from "Free rally tickets" to "Trump rally, only $20 a ticket. Hear the original American freedom fighter in person. VISA, Mastercard, PayPal, until venue sold out. Secure your seat now. Be a part of remaking America great again again."

17. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    If Trump had to testify in person, we would not have to make a rule banning him from office. He would show who he is to the masses.
    However, we are entering unexplored territory with this procedure. Trump has been impeached the second time. That part is over. But we do not know a lot of things that are coming up. Trump is not the president. The chief justice "runs" a presidential impeachment. Does he sit over an ex-president's trial? Nothing about this is defined. They will probably have to meet and iron out the procedures before they begin.
    Good point.

18. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Let's hope so.
    Yeah, but it has to be processing new information. Insult contests do not qualify.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-19-2021)