Thread: So Trump’s rhetoric has nothing to do with the events of January 6th?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,239 Times in 13,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Default So Trump’s rhetoric has nothing to do with the events of January 6th?

“Proud Boys, Seizing Trump’s Call to Washington, Helped Lead Capitol Attack”

“Far-right group invoked the president’s rhetoric to build momentum toward violent showdown, a Wall Street Journal review shows”

“The Wall Street Journal reviewed thousands of posts from the Proud Boys and their members across Parler, Telegram and Gab, the social-media platforms where they rallied supporters online after mostly being banned from Facebook and Twitter . The messages show the group repeatedly invoking President Trump’s rhetoric in the weeks leading to the Jan. 6 protest as they built momentum toward what became a violent showdown.”

“In December, after Mr. Trump tweeted about the Jan. 6 rally and said to “be there, will be wild,” the Proud Boys posted that Trump supporters have been “waiting for the green light from the President. Everyone who said ‘Mr. President, just say when?’ He just did,” the post said.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/proud-b...ck-11610911596

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump never once that I have seen invited anyone to break the law.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Trump never once that I have seen invited anyone to break the law.
    I like how you qualified your statement. We all know that you Reichwing seditionists are, of course, blind when it comes to your glorious fuehrer.

From the article linked above:

"After a speech from Mr. Trump in which he urged the crowd to march to the Capitol and said “if you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore,” a group of men in blaze-orange hats and military-style vests surged into the metal barricade that stood between them and the government building. Moments earlier, the men in orange hats had chanted the Proud Boys slogan. Several leaders of the Proud Boys have been identified by researchers as marching with the group."

Since the election was over, the EC had voted, and Jan. 6th was just a formality to certify the process, what do you think he meant by that? Obviously the thousands who were involved knew.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain